Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Drumpot wrote: »
    What's the story with tolka park? Why are shelbourne having to sell up? Was it the bad financial management of the club?

Fond memories of going to Tolka in the 90s, great shame.

They weren't that fond when you haven't been back in over 20 years and haven't kept up to date with developments at the club!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

I'd be interested to know how much they spend covering rugby compared to soccer.

E0 after this year. TV3 have the 6 nations rights from 2018-2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I haven't missed the derby matches this season. I thought I would but no. They never added anything significant to our gates anyway.

True, the Longford and Wexford matches were crackers, 4 -3, and 3 - 2, with last minute winners in both matches.

joshrogan wrote: »
    Shels should move to swords and get fingal county council/FAI to help them build a stadium.

Haha Fingal county council won't be touching LOI football after the Sporting Fingal debacle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

YClvBHGolEKKB5sAr1leaUWAqrkkAvqpysgDE7CxVtxRDhrym32lwXqOi7v0BQyZoaQkWl9HQ2Bk-Y33aSBdQQAGajUs8gQJnXlcBOv8bMkGl_vylLk_N4ZseNbqzPkmeFR3USq2C4hURIjJ8UrylrqxcTus6Leane0N-65JMjWzAUgKFX0KEUbnYmCZ3IcxUEYpn3FReYPTEQ-TaSsP_hVM2nunD22oPhTzphN16Q80cozUK0VfYEPMVXCHOY7DhaSqc0b_Oro98GoBSbXjJPFfCleLUYEPM67nUJfWxEWFhnq1h_aLA8SDveOKLzfYZfosL5tFXWXyPU4c7_PELetkVNxFQ-AIhDgSg2Uo6xKKPG3RN1zdIDOpBtccbhp9mHY_xrEh2XMYLLlAk38L-EqyO4U3k0AXoAdfxn-kg6x076cOz0lkdpkgCS9GxMQYcDk_md2ohxKbbl_7QTByS28zl2uYuUM_WlJHKQi-lLqvpp-5ftn1HPCz_bBmrACPo8zCqdCLPD3p3oPCS2xxy7qSYyZHdLnwSCT6CrjKRk9Fz7ixJZPD9FKE5cS_KA3Ceg-TReCRj_SO43x_Nov1o3DAAUfSsbKeZU0Th5xQ_4MIEggQdQ=w878-h658-no

q--B0OvC8H77Mh8jrZgIrGqOcPw78UL-0YIWwRFVW0kXNbe4kYe679PTN0izqTELFighZsmy4bSKLFGX85Pzlt7RCTzJKpfzhBG1x0_ZheFoIwz63WFCG9TPWsb4gnCe9Kgw959bvgKyom7kkWITluNim7Q1Epw3Aynd2uuK86cnpg-311aRvEwhZKLmDNzSS_69xO2pjoSN5BCvO_gSnS5fVI_Ek6RijhAy85HazQGPtxfzmzys7_C09x82JpB28xI0efIvWEOynGiglNY_SBbACUCE56Tosv-Qc_2KD4sLK7gPZA9FQQ0t2u8m0TYhkEinjWv6_aR9mCyWp4RZptjp3c2oiflhQ16cRfjH1O-hMrS-zm5zvSyYOgyp2zl62xdYN1Y348kybBoR9fBGVKFozoVvXOBfKgcWLw8_byracsqwvY_nRJzVZg2tVw4_Vxwt7Yyp_TNxTa4Ray9ZLGEa69WVjfakyWTZ7DTxfhYAm2zvEh4wddl8OPn2lQSYeoCk6U2sezXaqh9H7HxcKGvHZhyWucSZeaKISFiA4VDbXkN6EcnQKD7y_TOZnXfVp8vp1g8IbbPYu1veKC7-_zu-sFAbD1Cjy9mVBsUjscUh8fA40Q=w878-h658-no

Big night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Cork got an important goal just before half time, I'd expect them to kick on and win may 3-1. Pats just seem mentally weak and frail this season. Dundalk 2 up v Longford

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Great the progress cobh have made on a zero budget hope they get up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Oh well! That was fun while it lasted. At least we still have the cup to try and finally get some meaningful silverware.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Wilberto wrote: »
    Oh well! That was fun while it lasted. At least we still have the cup to try and finally get some meaningful silverware.

Last shred of a chance at the title....

.....aaaaaaaaaannndd it's gone.

Congrats Dundalk *through gritted teeth*. :P :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Dundalk just one win away from three in row which will be an incredible achievement, Cork not far off and with one or two additions will be there again next season

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Win the next game and Dundalk can field the reserves for the remaining to fixtures, could be vital for the cup final.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Dundalk just one win away from three in row which will be an incredible achievement, Cork not far off and with one or two additions will be there again next season

Except next season we'll be up against a millionaire club who will yet again be competing to get into the Champions League....

...and we'll still be Cork City. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Apparently 369 in Richmond Park tonight, that is a shocking crowd, even with Liverpool and United on the telly.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Aparently 369 in Richmond Park tonight, that is a shocking crowd, even with Liverpool and United on the telly.

That's horrendous if true

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Apparently 369 in Richmond Park tonight, that is a shocking crowd, even with Liverpool and United on the telly.

:eek:

All the City fans used up their last holiday for the Dundalk match last week! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

It was a very poor crowd ok, but we had one of our better performances tonight and deserved the win. Cork were not near the level of game they put in for the semi-finals of the cup. Congratulations Dundalk,.now go and get a result on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Several pubs in Dublin will have had that many in for the English game. And the standard was worse.

Less than a thousand at the two games combined. Unbelievable really.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Wilberto wrote: »
    All the City fans used up their last holiday for the Dundalk match last week! :pac:

That was the night they came to win the league?

On a serious note, What a team and what a manager! Roll on Sunday

Post on the other thread about how the FAI know how to fcuk up. And I fully agree.

Cork City fans, who have magnificent all season had away matches in Sligo, Ballybofey, Galway and Dublin twice in the past month.

Dundalk, who are effectively representing the league in Europe, have since the Maccabi match played matches against Derry, Derry,Sligo , Cork, Rovers, and Longford. Zenit on comparison have played once. That's one match. Maccabi haven't played any matches since that night, both clubs had players on international duty but still big difference.

On media all morning there are comments about the less than 1,000 at the matches last night. The FAI decided the season couldn't be extended so they put on two matches on a night Liverpool are playing Man U. Really this crowd couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. The Dundalk /City match should have been played in Oriel on the 31st Oct (bank holiday) and it would have probably been winner takes all. We are in the drivers seat now, but still have to go and win it i.e we still can't give Europe our full attention. And that's mad.

I just hope Dundalk aren't hammered tomorrow, and there is a real possibility they will be. This team don't deserve that. And the FAI don't deserve Dundalk or Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

joeysoap wrote: »
    Post on the other thread about how the FAI know how to fcuk up. And I fully agree.

Cork City fans, who have magnificent all season had away matches in Sligo, Ballybofey, Galway and Dublin twice in the past month.

Dundalk, who are effectively representing the league in Europe, have since the Maccabi match played matches against Derry, Derry,Sligo , Cork, Rovers, and Longford. Zenit on comparison have played once. That's one match. Maccabi haven't played any matches since that night, both clubs had players on international duty but still big difference.

On media all morning there are comments about the less than 1,000 at the matches last night. The FAI decided the season couldn't be extended so they put on two matches on a night Liverpool are playing Man U. Really this crowd couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. The Dundalk /City match should have been played in Oriel on the 31st Oct (bank holiday) and it would have probably been winner takes all. We are in the drivers seat now, but still have to go and win it i.e we still can't give Europe our full attention. And that's mad.

I just hope Dundalk aren't hammered tomorrow, and there is a real possibility they will be. This team don't deserve that. And the FAI don't deserve Dundalk or Cork.

There is no chance they will be hammered tomorrow. Thursday might be a different story though.

Everything else is spot on

All these matches are confusing me.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Daryl Horgan, Stephen O'Donnell, Sean Maguire and Greg Bolger in the running for PFAI player of the year.

Easiest decision ever! Well done Daryl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Pighead wrote: »
    Daryl Horgan, Stephen O'Donnell, Sean Maguire and Greg Bolger in the running for PFAI player of the year.

Easiest decision ever! Well done Daryl!

And he'll deserve it by quiet a margin. Maguire has only come good the last couple of months, before that he was living off peno's. Bolger has been really poor since after the Genk game, I think he's carrying an injury but not willing to give into it.

Congrats Dundalk on the three in a row, fantastic achievement. If I could finish second as much as Cork City do my missus would be over the moon. At least its not a Dublin club. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just got given some old Kilkenny City programmes today, including this one from 1989.

399473.jpg

When I saw it, I knew what it was and I said it to the guy, that it may be worth a few bob (it could also be worth SFA) but he told me to have it anyway. That particular game Kilkenny City won 2-0. The reason the programme could be worth something is that it was the match Roy Keane made his senior debut.

399474.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Great piece of history there. If you could get Keane to autograph it, it would add a nice bit to its value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Anyone know when the suspensions list for next week is issued? Normally it starts from the following Monday. Bit concerned about Dave Massey, picked up one against Rovers in Oriel, one against City and another against Rovers. Must be knocking on the five?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone know when the suspensions list for next week is issued? Normally it starts from the following Monday. Bit concerned about Dave Massey, picked up one against Rovers in Oriel, one against City and another against Rovers. Must be knocking on the five?

You're playing Galway at home on the last day. You're fine regardless. I'd say you could put out the kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

i just hope Dundalk aren't hammered, and there is a real possibility they will be. This team don't deserve that. And the FAI don't deserve Dundalk or Cork.

Very much this. Zenit are a top side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Michael O'Connor linked to Sheffield Utd & Andy Boyle linked to Barnsley.

Cork City host Helsinki tonight at Turners Cross KO 7pm in the second leg of the UEFA Youth League. 0-0 after the first leg. Roma awaits the winners. Crowd expected at the Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

CHealy wrote: »
    Cork City host Helsinki tonight at Turners Cross KO 7pm in the second leg of the UEFA Youth League. 0-0 after the first leg. Roma awaits the winners. Crowd expected at the Cross.

Terrific honour for Cork to have a team competing at this level. I hope the sport mad Cork public fill Turners Cross. The young lads deserve their support. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I'd say there'd be a much better crowd if not for CL games tonight. Good Luck to the youngsters.

Terrific honour for Cork to have a team competing at this level. I hope the sport mad Cork public fill Turners Cross. The young lads deserve their support. Best of luck.

They are hoping for 1000+, which I think would be really good for a CL Wednesday night for an u19 game. Im looking forward to it.

Good luck to the Cork lads tonight.

Sense of humour

https://www.rt.com/sport/358140-zenit-st-petersburg-burger-king/

Different league

http://backpagefootball.com/lucescus-zenit-unsurprisingly-dundalks-biggest-test/112320/

If Dundalk get a drubbing tomorrow, Delaney and his cohorts will probably be delighted. Vindicate his 'problem child! attitude. Whatever slim chance Dundalk might have had of getting a result with proper preparation has lessened considerably with that ridiculous run in of matches.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Michael O'Connor linked to Sheffield Utd & Andy Boyle linked to Barnsley.

Heard a few weeks ago the club signed O'Connor because they knew clubs were sniffing. Andy is one of the best players Dundalk have. Never gets the recognition he deserves.

Team could be decimated when the season ends. But it was great while it lasted. Memories for ever.

• Advertisement

Team could be decimated when the season ends. But it was great while it lasted. Memories for ever.

Good thing for ye is that ye'll have every other player in the league forming a line to sign for Dundalk, dollar dollar bill ya'll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Heading up to it myself, a big crowd would be great to see.

Edit: assume tickets on the gate?

Mushy wrote: »
    Heading up to it myself, a big crowd would be great to see.

Edit: assume tickets on the gate?

Tickets on gate, fiver in, or 1 Euro for a kid.

Good thing for ye is that ye'll have every other player in the league forming a line to sign for Dundalk, dollar dollar bill ya'll.

Maybe, maybe not. There was no superstars in SK's original signings, bar maybe O'Donnell. This team cost buttons, compensation payment to Cork, €10k or so to pats for Kilduff, €20k to Derry for McEleney, the rest afaik were all released by their clubs.

Seanie Maguire wanted guaranteed first team football, SK wasn't prepared to give that guarantee, it will be the same for whoever he signs. We have a ready made replacement for Horgan, Poynton would probably play in most LOI sides , as would Michael O'Connor and his brother Ciaran. I have heard that one player is done and dusted for next year but like everything else it might be a load of tosh.

anyway good luck tonight, you have a super U19 team, and it's a wonderful experience for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Attendance 1287 although it looks bigger on twitter, Cork City 1 nil up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What a fantastic results for city!!!!!

Bring on Roma !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Great result for Cork U19s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We're far better side for 75 minutes. Then they had 3-4 great chances to score, but Corks effort was tremulous. Bodies on line stuff. Deserved it though they need miracle in next round, but what a experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That was class. Left side (Ogbene and Taylor) played very well, keeper made some great stops. Harsh picking anyone out though, they all gave it everything.

Feel really sorry for the number 12. Minutes after coming on he makes a huge tackle to stop another Helsinki attack, had to come straight off and ended up leg in brace on a stretcher.

Penalty could easily not have been given, but arms up is asking questions so at least ref spotted it. Fitness of Helsinki was clearly evident too, but the experience against Roma should be great!

Great night at the Cross last night, each and every one of those City players can be proud of what they achieved, not one fella let themselves down. City could, and should have been 3-0 up after the first half, totally dominated Helsinki. Second half fitness really showed and the last 20 minutes was a real struggle for our lads, think half the team went down with cramp. But these Helsinki boys are a full time academy, they're not scattered around Helsinki in different schools and colleges like the Cork City lads, they are a full time setup, which makes last night all the more incredible.

1300 turning up on a Wednesday night with CL on the tele is another great achievement from last night.

Roma is the prize for these lads now, invaluable experience in their development, I really think theres 4 maybe 5 of this u19 squad that will make it onto the first team in the next couple of years, which will be a serious return from our underage setup.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement