Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Some weeks we have better players and he still doesn't make substitutions. So obviously it doesn't matter who is on the bench, they'll be sitting there for the 90 minutes regardless.

Why was Mikey Place signed up for next year if he's not good enough to even come off the bench this year?

We are top heavy with defensive players. Robertson will have to offload a good few of them and try and find a decent striker and attacking MF.
    We`re a patchwork team at the minute and that's understandable consider DR had about 5 players at the club until late January.

He`s still playing for the 19s.
    The fact he was given a contract shows he is rated at the club. He has gotten a few minutes this season and for an 18 year old kid that's pretty decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Wilberto wrote: »
    As a Cork man, I would have liked to see Cobh come up given that their team is half made up of our former players! :pac:

A local derby would also have been quite nice. :D

Cobh are basically our "B" team. Handy to have an oul feeder club just down the road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Cobh are basically our "B" team. Handy to have an oul feeder club just down the road.

Maybe get a different feeder club and you might start coming 1st instead of 2nd

Do you ever get splinters from that chip on your shoulder? You seem to have a real complex about us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The reverence and likeability of some Dundalk fans knows no end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I see there was a bit of agro at the cobh v drogs match afterwards. Not a Garda in sight and apparently the away fans were not segregated either. Saw a link on cork gaa banter Facebook page, can't post it, but looked Drogheda fans invaded the pitch following the goals and this escalated to the cobh lads/lassies getting involved outside afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Do you ever get splinters from that chip on your shoulder? You seem to have a real complex about us.

You can't really blame him for making a quip when you post a thoroughly condescending and disrespectful comment about Cobh.

You can't really blame him for making a quip when you post a thoroughly condescending and disrespectful comment about Cobh.

True, bit I'd say it was more anti City than pro Cobh.

Would have been nice for cobh to keep the tie in the balance with a draw but at 2-0 down I can't see them coming back from that in the away leg.

Given the flow of players between the two clubs what I said isnt inaccurate. Even Cobh fans would admit that. That posters obsession with us is well known too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I see there was a bit of agro at the cobh v drogs match afterwards. Not a Garda in sight and apparently the away fans were not segregated either. Saw a link on cork gaa banter Facebook page, can't post it, but looked Drogheda fans invaded the pitch following the goals and this escalated to the cobh lads/lassies getting involved outside afterwards.

There shouldn't really need to be Garda at LOI football matches. Unfortunately there is a need. We could learn a lot from our GAA and Rugby colleagues. And when it comes to supporting our national team,sure aren't we the best supporters in the world (maybe that's because very few who support the national team are LOI supporters?)

Either way there should have been no need for Garda at this match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

To be fair he's been over sadly trolling on City's forum, he'd jump at any chance to do the same here. There's been plenty of disrespectful comments both ways, can hardly just pick out that cos he's a fellow dundalk fan. I wouldn't expect other Dundalk fans, or fans here in general, to be as sad as he has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

joeysoap wrote: »
    There shouldn't really need to be Garda at LOI football matches. Unfortunately there is a need. We could learn a lot from our GAA and Rugby colleagues. And when it comes to supporting our national team,sure aren't we the best supporters in the world (maybe that's because very few who support the national team are LOI supporters?)

Well, an outdoor event attracting 1,500+ in a small town like Cobh warrants a couple of Gardaí, I think. Not just for dealing with things like this, but general stuff - general crowd management, traffic co-ordination etc. The streets around St Colman's Park are narrow and the roads of a small town generally wouldn't be used by huge numbers. So, 1,500 all coming in and leaving a small area in a fairly small time window gets the place crowded and creates traffic backlogs that have to be dealt with. This would require some guards, imo. I'd imagine something like an outdoor concert or festival that has the same numbers/rate of attendees would have some Gardaí to help them.

Also, one of the videos showed a handful of stewards outside the stadium trying to keep fans apart/shepherding them away from the area. It's not really the duties of workers of a private company to be dealing with public disorder on a public road. It's the job of the police to deal with crime.

I take your very valid points Paz-CCfC, I was just kinda referring to the fans attending the match. There was over 2000 at this match according to a report I read. There could be ten times that number at a GAA match and the fans wouldn't start a barney between themselves (admittedly the teams might :pac:)
    It's too bad that a minority can mar an event like this because there are no Garda around to stop them. We shouldn't need Garda around to stop fights breaking out. If Drogheda fans started it, and it sounds like they did, the club should warn fans that this behaviour is unacceptable. But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

joeysoap wrote: »

ya learn by knocking out the garda...

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/new-assault-claim-after-brawl-at-sligo-gaa-game-that-saw-garda-knocked-unconscious-35035135.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Anyone got a stream for the Bohs Dipundalk game? I'm abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

justshane wrote: »
    Anyone got a stream for the Bohs Dipundalk game? I'm abroad.
    Haven't been able to find one. I think RTE only have the stream on their online RTE 2 channel. They don't have a dedicated stream for this match, so no-one outside of Ireland can watch it live. Bravo RTE.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Christ that was never a penalty!
    Don't think any Bohs player even appealed for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The Bohs player really sold the ref that one for the penalty

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The Bohs player really sold the ref that one for the penalty

In fairness he was just trying to get out of the way. Bohs were as suprised as Dundalk that it was given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Kinda off-topic, but is anyone here going to the UEFA workshop on women's football in FAI tomorrow?

Kinda off-topic, but is anyone here going to the UEFA workshop on women's football in FAI tomorrow?

What's this now? I'm going to the volunteer recruitment for women's football on Wednesday in Castlebar.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    What's this now? I'm going to the volunteer recruitment for women's football on Wednesday in Castlebar.

UEFA Workshop on Development of women's football in Ireland, mostly media-communicationsy stuff I think. PM me if you want me to forward you the email!

UEFA Workshop on Development of women's football in Ireland, mostly media-communicationsy stuff I think. PM me if you want me to forward you the email!

First I heard of it. It's probably in Dublin is it?

I'm going to a 7v7 Workshop hosted by Ruud Dokter tomorrow evening anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Supple's been poor for both goals that Dundalk have scored. Stuck to his line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not at all shocked Gartland has scored

• Advertisement

Shields is magnificent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Peeing down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Shields is magnificent.

Deserves a call-up just as much as Horgan IMO.

Duff wrote: »
    Deserves a call-up just as much as Horgan IMO.

DIsagree. At least we have centre midfielders but we literally don't have many wingers at all.

Peter Collins consistently calling Eoin Wearen 'Wearer' is bloody stupid. Can he not read the programme or whatever he's using?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Congratulations Dundalk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Congratulations Dundork....

Congrats to Dundalk. Well deserved. If they don't get team of the year it'll be a travesty.
    Delighted for Benson to win the league in his first season there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Well done Dundalk, worthy champions again. Now that its wrapped up,an opportunity to rest some players ahead of the other big games ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

First 3-in-a-row since Rovers 30 yrs ago. And in middle of Irish football's greatest Euro campaign. And a Cup final to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well done Dundalk !!!

Comhghairdeachas Dundalk !! The league was won by the best team.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Congrats Dundalk!

Congratulations Pighead :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

10 games in October for these players.

This team & players deserve much more recognition from the media. Surely they win team of the year again.

Hopefully it can instill more belief throughout Irish football to other clubs.

Probably the greatest club team to ever play in Ireland. Incredible last three years by them.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Probably the greatest club team to ever play in Ireland. Incredible last three years by them.

I can't think of a better one.

Congrats to Dundalk. Even with the clogged up fixture schedule they've rose to the challenge and are more than worthy winners. Still hoping they'll have an off day on the cup final day though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Their fitness levels are immense the way they have kept going. Deserving champions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

MD1990 wrote: »
    10 games in October for these players.

That must be as long than the entire GAA season.

Hope it's not Doyle in the cup final. That's 3 penalties he's given against Dundalk now (at Oriel) that had most of us watching trying to figure out what we missed. He's one of the better refs but of the 4,600+ in Oriel tonight he was the only one who saw it. And that includes the Bohs players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Congrats to Dundalk and well deserved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

SantryRed wrote: »

The greatest Irish team ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

We know what we are! What a night! Again!

I know Oriel Park is a kip but you can't help loving the old place on nights like last night. The place was rocking. Bohs gave a good account of themselves but for twenty five minutes in that second half we were like a team possessed. It seemed there were about twenty Dundalk players on the pitch. Didn't give the Bohs lads a second on the ball. Shields immense. Gartland a hero again. Kenny the best ever. What a team. Now bring on Cork for the double double.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Well done Dundalk, funny to see Keano front and central in the celebrations and rte plucked him out first for interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Is there any plans for a new surface at Oriel Park for next season or what is the situation now with the ground?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement