Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

MD1990 wrote: »
    Is there any plans for a new surface at Oriel Park for next season or what is the situation now with the ground?

There are plans but nothing can go ahead until the lease is sorted.

While the council in Dublin is investing millions in Tallaght Stadium, Louth Council are trying to screw the club for €0.5m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

There are plans but nothing can go ahead until the lease is sorted.

While the council in Dublin is investing millions in Tallaght Stadium, Louth Council are trying to screw the club for €0.5m.

What? Why?

If they had any sense at all they'd be jumping on the bandwagon to get the public onside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Congrats to Dundalk. Well deserved. If they don't get team of the year it'll be a travesty.
    Delighted for Benson to win the league in his first season there.
    Can't see the national team not taking that one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

CHealy wrote: »
    What? Why?

If they had any sense at all they'd be jumping on the bandwagon to get the public onside.

Sense? Council? League of Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

CSF wrote: »

Can't see the national team not taking team of the year? That's a joke, right?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

If the two Cork rowing lads are classed as a team I'd say they'll get it. Although yes I heartily agree with all of the above posters who say Dundalk truly are the greatest.

By the way for those who like a bet I would recommend taking a look at St Pats at 13/8 tomorrow evening. Seriously good price considering Dundalk are going to have five or six kids in the matchday squad. I'd guess at least three of them will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Pighead wrote: »
    By the way for those who like a bet I would recommend taking a look at St Pats at 13/8 tomorrow evening. Seriously good price considering Dundalk are going to have five or six kids in the matchday squad. I'd guess at least three of them will start.
    St Pats were as high as 5.00 earlier today. a few Dundalk u19's likely to be playing

wadacrack wrote: »
    St Pats were as high as 5.00 earlier today. a few Dundalk u19's likely to be playing
    5.00! I'm guessing that was only for a few quid on Betfair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Well done to Dundalk from a Bohs man.

Also great to see Stephen Kenny do well, great manager.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I'd say our team will be
    Sava/Rogers
    Poynton
    Barrett
    Finnegan
    Grimes
    Mennan
    C o Connor
    M o Connor
    Kilduff
    Shiels
    An Other

I'd say our team will be
    Sava/Rogers
    Poynton
    Barrett
    Finnegan
    Grimes
    Mennan
    C o Connor
    M o Connor
    Kilduff
    Shiels
    An Other
    Calton Ubaezuonu and Anton Reilly should get some minutes as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

fullstop wrote: »
    CSF wrote: »

Can't see the national team not taking team of the year? That's a joke, right?!
    It's a public vote and the national team getting through to the knockout stages of the Euros was easily the most high profile achievement we've seen this year.

Obviously the Dundalk results have captured the attention of the sporting public too, but I'd venture a lot less people watched Dundalk conquer BATE than watched Robbie Brady send us through against Italy.

I'm not necessarily talking about who I think should win it (although I think it's close), moreso who I think the typical Irish sports fan would have been more taken by this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Ireland got as far in the euros as trap's team. The knockout stages are the equivalent to qualifying a the tournament before.
    Connachts zero to champions is probably bigger competition, especially if they continue their upturn in form

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Dublin, Tipperary, Ireland, Dundalk and the Cork Ladies GAA team,I expect at least one rugby team in nominations as well(Connacht) and as Pighead has posted if those two rowers are classed as a team that's a real runner. Last year was a pleasant surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Dundalk already Team of the Year by a mile imo, if they add the FAI CUP to do a double double and get out of Group D of the Europa League then its a racing certainty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Folks - sorry to be boring, but the team of year is not (AFAIK) decided on merit, it's decided by the amount of supporters that are willing to phone/text a premium rate number

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Congrats to Harps on staying up. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This evening could be very interesting for the future of football in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

In what regard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

In what regard

It just could be, you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

It just could be, you never know.

But y? League is over

Or maybe not. Had initially heard a whisper about Delaney stepping down from the FAI. Turned out it was wrong and he'll be stepping down for the OCI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Or maybe not. Had initially heard a whisper about Delaney stepping down from the FAI. Turned out it was wrong and he'll be stepping down for the OCI.

Why not just say that instead of all the mystery?

I enjoyed the mystery.

Wasn't sure as to the truth of the whole thing. Now I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Booooo urns.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

As if Delaney would step down from the job when he's getting paid what he is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Pighead wrote: »
    Ya boya!
    4-0 Pats at half time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Ya boya!
    4-0 Pats at half time.

They must be well hungover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That bet has been the talk of the town today, you'd almost think there was something fishy going on.

Buying money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Wasn't there a thing a few years back involving a club from the Midlands (can't remember which one exactly) who upset the odds big time and certain bookies questioned the validity of the result as they ended up well out of pocket?

It's no surprise whatsoever that Dundalk would take their foot off the gas in this case, with all the games they have coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Finished 5-2 in the end. Happy with that we as played quite a few under-19 this evening so its good to win comfortably even with Dundalk's hangover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Not sure if this was a joke by Robertson.

But McMillan responded
    @DaveRobertson11 ���� and what was your excuse?

https://twitter.com/DMcM88/status/791008338746150912

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Not sure if this was a joke by Robertson.

But McMillan responded
    @DaveRobertson11 ���� and what was your excuse?

https://twitter.com/DMcM88/status/791008338746150912
    Patww79 wrote: »

What did it say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

What did it say?
    https://twitter.com/DaveRobertson11/status/790996273168015361

Looks like Stephen Kenny & Dundalk have chucked the towel in on the League #NoIntegrity

What did it say?

Looks like Stephen Kenny & Dundalk have chucked the towel in on the League #NoIntegrity

Pretty dumb tweet.

wadacrack wrote: »

He's hardly surprised. I think Kenny would have played a much stronger team but they've just played a heap of games, they've three matches to play in nine days, the first team deserved a wee knees up after Sunday. St. Pat's were just fortunate the way the fixtures panned out. I think if he has a problem he should talk to Fran Gavin about fixture congestion, although that'll probably be different for next season.

• Advertisement

Just seen on the Rover's site that McPhail has retired. I thought he still had another year in him at least, a great reader of the game.

Dundalk played 9 matches including tonight's in October. Sligo played 4. Dundalk have 5 matches left , Sligo 1. Get a grip Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Did he want Dundalk to make sure that Pats were 4 points behind Sligo going into the weekend, so his team could subsequently relax against Wexford and compromise the integrity of the league?

Did he want Dundalk to make sure that Pats were 4 points behind Sligo going into the weekend, so his team could subsequently relax against Wexford and compromise the integrity of the league?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just seen on the Rover's site that McPhail has retired. I thought he still had another year in him at least, a great reader of the game.

Great player in his day but I'd say the fact that he is playing at the level he is now is probably hard to take for some players, and maybe their hearts just aren't in it any more?

And playing for a bucket side doesn't help either I'm sure.;)

A neat response though:

https://twitter.com/tonygor007/status/791010923582484482

Stephen Kenny may have Dave's tweet printed and put up on the wall in the Dundalk dressing room when they meet for the first time next season....

EDIT: jaysus, theres a twitter storm raging. Some of the responses to him are priceless....

FURTHER EDIT: Attempting a retreat now it seems.

https://twitter.com/DaveRobertson11/status/791013016829583360

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

what was Robertson thinking, is he Kenny Shiels in disguise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Twitter climb downs are embarrassing sometimes.

'#NoIntegrity'.....

'....No insult intended'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Robertsons Twitter is cringe anyway, its like he went to a buzzword seminar and setup a Twitter account immediately after.

Q. How many managers would have done what SK did last night?
    A. All of them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement