Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Barry Fry likes de lad Christy......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

gimmick wrote: »
    When did this happen? I've been a season ticket holder for 10+ years and cannot remember this ever happening. Not to say it didn't, just no memory of it.

Can't find any links to ascertain the years, but from what I remember there was a Monday night Pats match towards the end of the 2007 season. ST holders were posted out two free tickets. Still ended up with the attendance you'd expect for a midweek clash at the end of a season by which any league challenge had well and truly petered out. It was also part of the 2008 season ticket, for two matches (I think it was for specific ones to be picked by the club, rather than any one in the year). But I don't think that part of the ticket was ever honoured and given the financial situation at the time, I doubt any ST holders were too bothered about chasing it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The pundits are very, very impressed with Forrester tonight. Wonder will he take a penalty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Another article the boys in Abbotstown will not like. Hopefully more of this sort of stuff from media outside the inner circle who have nothing to lose...

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/irishnews/sport/article4682013.ece?shareToken=16fec332cf2041d2daf2a1cd63a457bc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Delaneys legal team pouring over every word as we speak....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Oat23 wrote: »
    Another article the boys in Abbotstown will not like. Hopefully more of this sort of stuff from media outside the inner circle who have nothing to lose...

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/irishnews/sport/article4682013.ece?shareToken=16fec332cf2041d2daf2a1cd63a457bc

im surprised they didnt draw a comparison between Scully's fine for agreeing the league is in disarray and Delaney's 'Problem Child'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Adam Johnson to Bohs supposedly after his sacking from Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Oat23 wrote: »

Got the text of it by any chance, anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Buddy of mine living in Naas headed upto the Drogheda v Cork City friendly last night, said it was a very enjoyable game with both teams playing some great football. City obviously ended up the stronger team but seems positive for both sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I heard the Cork game finished a bit early can your mate confirm that? What was ref at?

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I heard the Cork game finished a bit early can your mate confirm that? What was ref at?

Didnt say anything about finishing early but he did say there was only a 6 or 7 minute turn around at half time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

JoeyJJ wrote: »

Apparently they decided to play 40 min halves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers beat Argentina 0-1 so if Dnipro avoid defeat against 1860, the Cabinteely friendly might have to be postponed.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

dfx- wrote: »
    Rovers beat Argentina 0-1 so if Dnipro avoid defeat against 1860, the Cabinteely friendly might have to be postponed.:eek:

Munich and Dnipro to pull a West Germany/Austria and play out a quiet 1-0 scoreline, ensuring both teams qualify. The Disgrace of Kozhikod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Any video of any of these games online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Youths 3-1 Irish Universities

Good workout in Carlow with typical amount of substitutions as the game went on. 4 Youths players turned out for Irish Universities with Matthew Connor in goal making some fine saves. Spot Murphy played the full 90 and looks to be gaining the fitness required for this level

Nice to see former favourite, Shane Nolan, back on a football pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Mushy wrote: »
    Actually saw something on Facebook of the FAI having a marketing function hosted by the people who work with Cabo. Hoping it's a startup who offered services...it's worked anyway.

Pretty sure one of their players, or a players brother (or both), have their own marketing company

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Any video of any of these games online?

they're all broadcasted on indian tv, but I'm not sure where..

Brennan's winner against Argentina:

https://twitter.com/mathrubhuminews/status/699125140735397888

playing Atletico Paranaense in the semi finals...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

What's the difference between Premier division and First Division licences? What do Drogheda have that Ucd don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

AgileMyth wrote: »
    What's the difference between Premier division and First Division licences? What do Drogheda have that Ucd don't?

An FAI owned ground.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I think UCD only applied for a First Division Licence. We probably would have gotten a PD licence had we applied for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pats 7 Shels 1

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Pats 7 Shels 1

Only a friendly but a nice kick up the hole!

Heard conditions where horrendous, glad I had a quiet chat with myself at lunch time in work saying not to drive over! :pac:

Cork City sign Eoghan O'Connell on loan from Celtic. He's following his father and his brother in playing for the club.

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2016/02/16/eoghan-oconnell-joins-on-loan-from-celtic/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

CHealy wrote: »
    Cork City sign Eoghan O'Connell on loan from Celtic. He's following his father and his brother in playing for the club.

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2016/02/16/eoghan-oconnell-joins-on-loan-from-celtic/

Could be an excellent signing. Apart from Bolger haven't been overly worried about any of Corks new recruits. This lad may make a difference to the slowest defence in the league

doncarlos wrote: »
    Could be an excellent signing. Apart from Bolger haven't been overly worried about any of Corks new recruits. This lad may make a difference to the slowest defence in the league

Pity its only for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

O'Connell has had rotten luck with injury. Hopefully he can regain his fitness while at Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

doncarlos wrote: »

If you said centre backs I'd have agreed with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Good move for O'Connell, I'm sure being back at home could work magic for him. Hopefully its extended beyond the six months seeing as being back in Ireland did Towell no harm after leaving Scotland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Good move for O'Connell, I'm sure being back at home could work magic for him. Hopefully its extended beyond the six months seeing as being back in Ireland did Towell no harm after leaving Scotland.

Well he will likely go back to Celtic for pre-season at the start of July what happens after that who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Kieran Marty Waters now at UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Kieran Marty Waters now at UCD.

Great signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Massive signing for UCD, brilliant player.

Aaron Green signing for Limerick?

2nd highest scorer with us last season.

Aaron Green signing for Limerick?

2nd highest scorer with us last season.

Apparently turned down us (Cork) for Limerick. Being able to go back to Dublin during the week seems to be the deciding factor.

Corholio wrote: »
    Apparently turned down us (Cork) for Limerick. Being able to go back to Dublin during the week seems to be the deciding factor.

Are cork players not allowed go to Dublin? :pac:

Pats 1 up on Bray one of the dennehys.

The not defender one has looked decent for us in pre season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Presume it was Billy, never saw him defend!

1-1 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Waters and Greene are both a lot better than where they've gone this year. Strange.

• Advertisement

Are cork players not allowed go to Dublin? :pac:

Not as much as Limerick will let him I suspect. So in short, definitely not :P

The actual new Youths kit was launched today, great crowd at the launch event, must have been around 100. Loads of kids, great to see.

CbwqHIPW4AEhqWB.jpg

Love the black kit in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Jesus, they're like a Swedish league jersey, way too much going on.

Black kit has potential but the other 2 are awful.

way too much going on.

We're used to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Black one is grand. Pink one is poor (not because it is pink) and the goalie's one is is fairly standard I would have thought

I like the pink one basically as much as the black one. Not mad about the bull but I do like that the collar is a different colour. Probably helps that I'm well used to seeing pink and maroon as a combination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

The black collar looks great, would look nice on the pink too one, the maroon isnt great. Just too many sponsors ruining it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Black ones acceptable, the other 2 are horrendous. All 3 are ruined with all that writing.
    What's the story with the goalies one? What's that cylindrical thing?

I really like the keeper's one myself. Presume it won't be on sale but would buy it if it is.

I'm sure I'm stating the obvious here and it doesn't make the jersey look any different, but the sponsors are vital for us being able to operate at all next year. Simply put if we didn't have them, we wouldn't need any jersey. So I'm grateful to all of them. That's the reality of LOI ball.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Waters and Greene are both a lot better than where they've gone this year. Strange.

No idea about Waters, but I know Limerick are offering absolutely mental money to some players so guessing Greene could be one of those. Shane Duggan supposedly on a four figure sum a week!:eek:
    The actual new Youths kit was launched today, great crowd at the launch event, must have been around 100. Loads of kids, great to see.

SBOBet as the main sponsor? Unusual, any story behind it?

SBOBet as the main sponsor? Unusual, any story behind it?

Nothing strange. SBOBet are entering the Irish market and chose us, and were incredibly generous in supporting our chosen charity too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement