Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

No idea about Waters, but I know Limerick are offering absolutely mental money to some players so guessing Greene could be one of those. Shane Duggan supposedly on a four figure sum a week!

I'd well believe it. I'd say convincing a goal keeper with international caps to play graveyard league football wasn't cheap either.
    I'd have grave concerns about Limerick. They seem to be banking on similar crowds to the back end of last season.
    What's changed in Pat O'Sulivans head? He wasn't willing to bank roll them heading into a PD season last year, why do it a division lower?
    They'll either get away with it or the begging cap will be out by June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I'm sure I'm stating the obvious here ...........sponsors are vital for us being able to operate at all next year. Simply put if we didn't have them, we wouldn't need any jersey. So I'm grateful to all of them. That's the reality of LOI ball.

All LOI clubs need good sponsors. When Dundalk were languishing in the 1st division without sponsorship we would not have survived. We might have looked with envy at other clubs sponsors but without our local sponsors we might not have survived.

On this subject who are the most generous sponsors of clubs? I suspect most clubs keep it pretty quiet on actual figures. I have heard rumours that Fyffes are pretty generous (household name but still local to Dundalk)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Speaking of Dundalk it would be remiss of me not to mention their magnificent Malone Cup victory over the weekend. Lift her up Grimesy!

1114417-312x375.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Am I the only one who actually likes the pink one? :D As someone else mentioned though, it would be so much nicer with a black collar. I genuinely can't see the reasoning why you'd have a maroon one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

The keeper's one is meh but the other two are very nice. Thought the pink one would have had pink shorts and black socks though. What they gonna do when they play a team with black shorts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Wilberto wrote: »
    I genuinely can't see the reasoning why you'd have a maroon one.

The maroon, like our crest, is as a result of Mick's obsession with Torino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Peers is back for us. Squad is complete now it looks like.

https://twitter.com/sligorovers/status/702164467375853569

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Pity Galway stick with the GAA colours. I'd prefer a seperate identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Did Galway go with the black and neon as a second or third kit this year? It would probably be the best kit in the league if they did.

• Advertisement

red sean wrote: »
    Pity Galway stick with the GAA colours. I'd prefer a seperate identity.

The association of maroon with Galway predates the GAA's first use of it in the 1930s.

I'd love to know the actual origin for sure, but I'd say it has something to do with the colour of the sails of Galway hookers.
    Did Galway go with the black and neon as a second or third kit this year? It would probably be the best kit in the league if they did.

Black kit is the third kit. The away kit has not been unveiled yet.

just seen on the website yeah they went with B. thought A was nicer but B is nice too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Has anyone got a picture of Galway's black one?

Has anyone got a picture of Galway's black one?

It was unveiled last month.

Lovely!

Originally, I wasn't a huge fan, I thought it was the lesser evil of the four choices that were put to a vote, but I came around.

I'd like to see a simple green jersey again in the future, like we had the last couple of seasons. That said, people seem to like the black one, so I'd hesitate to complain about the situation.

One of our most popular in the last few years was our black one, can't really go wrong i guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can't embed on phone, but new bray jersey

Mushy wrote: »
    Can't embed on phone, but new bray jersey

Was the word bathrooms really necessary?

• Advertisement

Conor Early, Sean Harding and Paul Finnegan signed from Shels, Limerick, Dundalk respectively. Then also a lad from Warrenpoint and a young lad from England

Possibly, it is the company name.

Many people would know Sonas as a company that runs a number of nursing homes, so yes, it is necessary imo.

Still looks daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Conor Early, Sean Harding and Paul Finnegan signed from Shels, Limerick, Dundalk respectively. Then also a lad from Warrenpoint and a young lad from England

Young Finnegan is a very good player, afaik only left because he wasn't guaranteed first team football.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Did Bray not change their jersey last season with Nike? #worsethanthepremierleague

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Did Bray not change their jersey last season with Nike? #worsethanthepremierleague

They did indeed. I think they were changing it this year anyway no matter what.

Tis a lovely jersey though, love green and black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

andrew lewis the guy from england was on trial with man united last year

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2955978/Manchester-United-set-hand-Southport-teenager-Drew-Lewis-trial-Old-Trafford.html

peteeeed wrote: »

I saw that, hopefully he's good now. Glad with the squad assembled though, should stay up comfortably enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Perhaps a large contingent of Bray fans are not familiar with the concept of a bathroom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cameras were installed in Turners Cross on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

So who do you have to sign up with?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/0224/770477-league-of-ireland-prize-money-to-increase-by-50/
    Prize money for the SSE Airtricity League will increase by €160,000, it was announced today.

League Director Fran Gavin revealed that the total prize fund will be €475,500 for coming season at the official launch at the Aviva Stadium.

It had previously been €315,000, with many clubs complaining that the low level of reward for competing in the league made it difficult to stay afloat.

It represents a 50% increase from last year.

Great news

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Step in the right direction, hopefully lots more to come from them. (you have to hope but know that little will change)

So who do you have to sign up with?

Bwin bookmakers but I'm unsure if the games are available in the ROI. It's not really for Joe soap to watch games it's more for your hardened punter around the world to place bets.

Great news with the prize money but an increase like that would be needed every 2 or 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Im sure there will be certain ways of watching LOI games if you are of the "adventurous" type.

CHealy wrote: »
    Im sure there will be certain ways of watching LOI games if you are of the "adventurous" type.

I hope that needing a betting account doesn't complicate things. Assume it won't, don't see how it's in bwin's interest to make things difficult.

Yeah by going to a game!

Yeah by going to a game!

Citys second game of the season is away to Derry, due to work commitments theres no way in hell I'll get to the opposite end of the island to watch it, assuming the game is not on RTE/Setanta, I will be hoping there is a stream available to catch the game.

Citys second game of the season is away to Derry, due to work commitments theres no way in hell I'll get to the opposite end of the island to watch it, assuming the game is not on RTE/Setanta, I will be hoping there is a stream available to catch the game.

Mine was a joke comment, certainly not an attack anyway.

• Advertisement

Mine was a joke comment, certainly not an attack anyway.

Ah I know that, I was just saying that if streams do become available, it'll be handy for those of us who might not make that particular away game.

I hope that needing a betting account doesn't complicate things. Assume it won't, don't see how it's in bwin's interest to make things difficult.

Bwin aren't bothered about attracting new people to the site. This is for customers they have already.

I assume all the games will be screen capped and available elsewhere on the usual flash sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Is there any word at all if First Division games will be streamed?

We seem to be forgotten by everyone :P

Ah I know that, I was just saying that if streams do become available, it'll be handy for those of us who might not make that particular away game.

I live in Cork so can't make bray games, it'll be a great help for me. It may also contribute to my need to drink ultimately though

Oat23 wrote: »
    Bwin aren't bothered about attracting new people to the site. This is for customers they have already.

I assume all the games will be screen capped and available elsewhere on the usual flash sites.

Why wouldn't they be bothered about attracting new customers? Don't all betting sites give great offers/free bets to new customers?

Didnt think about the screen cap mirrors. Problem solved!

Why wouldn't they be bothered about attracting new customers? Don't all betting sites give great offers/free bets to new customers?

Didnt think about the screen cap mirrors. Problem solved!

They give free bets and offers, but the live streams are just there to entice current customers into having a bet. It isn't part of their marketing campaign apart from a small mention at the end of *some* adverts. 'Bet in play' is a big part of their advertising campaigns, but not live streaming.

Bwin hardly bought the rights to stream the games to attract new customers in the Irish market or anywhere else. Very few people here care about the league to begin with, and on top of that it will be blocked on Irish IPs/billing addresses.

They did this for the same reason Bet365 have Chinese basketball. Nobody in the west cares about Chinese basketball and online betting is banned in China. It's for random customers like me who might gamble when we see the in play betting and the ability to watch the game live.

The LOI seems to already be very popular among gamblers in eastern europe and even further off, so this is a really smart move from BWIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Betfair insist on a minimum bet before they let you view matches

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

damemcd wrote: »
    Betfair insist on a minimum bet before they let you view matches

That's normal, I have a PP account and you have to bet a minimum of a Euro on a horse race.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Harps might just have one more new recruit, Barry Molloy training with us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels actually have a shirt sponsor this season! www.abbeyseals.ie/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement