Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I`d wonder why Bradford pulled out signing him and then Kenny was happy to let him go. Seems like there`s something more to it alright.
    Bit worrying as the other O`Connor brother has been linked with Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Personally I think Ciaran is as good as Michael, I think I am probably in a minority there. Don't know happened at Bradford but telling SK fcuk off wasn't the brightest thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Great work Seanofthedead, if only the people at the top put in such effort. I think it will be a long time (if ever) before we see a pyramid structure in this country unfortunately. You should send it on to someone like extratime or some of the LoI tweeters/journalists to see hat they think and get a few more people talking about it.

Oriel new pitch starts on Monday. Jamie McGrath, Niclas Vemmelund, and maybe Southend forward and Celtic loanee to Dundalk. McMillan to pats?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Towell played today, anyone know if he did any good?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Horgan on the bench for Preston

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

joeysoap wrote:
    Oriel new pitch starts on Monday. Jamie McGrath, Niclas Vemmelund, and maybe Southend forward and Celtic loanee to Dundalk. McMillan to pats?

That's hardly Mooney is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Horgan on the bench for Preston
    He's just come on. Fair fcuks to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Wilberto wrote: »
    That's hardly Mooney is it?

Yeah that's the rumour anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

doncarlos wrote:

Makes sense as to why he's leaving what with Cox, Ranger, and Fortuné all ahead of him. I would have thought he still had more to offer in English football. He'd be a very decent signing though, although one would presume that he'd prefer to come to Cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

He'd be a very decent signing though, although one would presume that he'd prefer to come to Cork!
    What's the logic behind that assumption? Was it the half a season he spent at Turners Cross? He is from Dublin and has a young family. Signing for Shamrock Rovers or Dundalk far more likely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

joeysoap wrote: »

There's underage games in oriel next weekend so I doubt a new pitch is starting Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Great work Seanofthedead, if only the people at the top put in such effort. I think it will be a long time (if ever) before we see a pyramid structure in this country unfortunately. You should send it on to someone like extratime or some of the LoI tweeters/journalists to see hat they think and get a few more people talking about it.

I might just do that man :)

It's about 10 pages long at the moment, but needs a bit more work before trying to make it public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I might just do that man :)

It's about 10 pages long at the moment, but needs a bit more work before trying to make it public.

Your report is very good and professional looking but the incorrect use of too and to jarred me a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Your report is very good and professional looking but the incorrect use of too and to jarred me a little!

Haha I'd be the first to admit my grammar usage isn't the strongest... Of course in the essence of submitting something professional in the hopes of been taken seriously, it would have be proof read and spell checked. I also have a nasty habit of thinking faster than I type so often my sentences would be missing key words... :(

If you have the time and are willing, I'd be more than happy to send it on to you to go over?

doncarlos wrote: »

Wasn't named to me but agree, it looks like Mooney. Season starts in about 6 weeks if they run with a hybrid pitch 80/20 is what I heard it will need bedding in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Forrester was superb against Chelsea. Could get a Premier League move. I think he would be good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

joeysoap wrote: »
    Back to rumour mill now, had a pre Christmas lunch out today (accompanied by a little liquid, so in theory anyway it was lunch)

And, as you do, we got talking football. Started with the frivolous stuff, was Pep as good as City thought, would 'no dandruff' Hart go to Liverpool etc. Then we got serious. LOI talk. If what my friends say is true, Finn got a very nice deal from Rovers. €2k a week for 3 years, a new car, his wife employed by Rovers and Finn himself getting employment in what he is qualified for. McMillan offered €3k a week by (an unnamed) Scandinavian club. Rovers telling O'Donnell go back out the door he came in, Michael O'Connor definitely leaving Oriel.
    AZ Alkmar loaning two fringe players to Dundalk to get experience, Jamie McGrath on the shopping list, SK looking at a NI player as well as UK players.

It was a very enjoyable lunch but how to distinguish fact from fiction would be a job worthy of Sherlock.
    Alot of this seems to be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

MD1990 wrote: »
    Forrester was superb against Chelsea. Could get a Premier League move. I think he would be good enough.

Will be shocked if he gets PL move. Championship player at best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

You see very quick to dismiss him.

He immediately established himself upon joining and only 10 months after joining, at the age of 23, was made club captain.

Have you seen much of Forrester at Peterborough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

I thought Forrester was good on the ball yesterday. He didn't impress me when Chelsea had the ball though, far too slow and looked to be putting in half hearted attempts to close players down.

He needs to get away from Peterborough though. They are muck.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Have you seen much of Forrester at Peterborough?

Seen him 6-7 times this season. Good player just not PL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

You see very quick to dismiss him.

He immediately established himself upon joining and only 10 months after joining, at the age of 23, was made club captain.

Im not dismissing him. He nice player but not PL standard.

In my opinion. I have been wrong plenty a time and I be happy to be proven wrong again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Killian Brennan has signed for the Drogs. Hope Ryan gets homesick and completes the quartet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Killian Brennan has signed for the Drogs. Hope Ryan gets homesick and completes the quartet.

A good signing for Drogheda. I thought Brennan going to Pats was a done deal. I wonder what changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ryan brennan signed a new contract with bray in the close season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

peteeeed wrote: »
    ryan brennan signed a new contract with bray in the close season
    Yeah, I knew that. You never know with this league. Someone in Bray might raise a banner giving out about the FAI and they'll be kicked out of the league or something.
    A good signing for Drogheda. I thought Brennan going to Pats was a done deal. I wonder what changed.
    It's hardly for more money. We tried that once and it didn't end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Pats obviously looked at his performances for Rovers last season.....

Yeah, I knew that. You never know with this league. Someone in Bray might raise a banner giving out about the FAI and they'll be kicked out of the league or something.
    i don't think he's ready to drop down a level yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Kurtis Byrne gone to Pats. Slightly surprised at that. Thought he was settling in well at Bohs after a slowish start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Killian Cantwell from Galway to Harps. Should help plug our defensive hole with Cowan's injury and with McConnell set to make his loan at Ballinamallard permanent. Had thought the exMan U u21 captain would have stepped up this year... evidently not! Dykes has taken a good few with him since he left, Brush & Curran announced last week and Flately went with him initially too.

Allowing for no injuries Drogs should get 20 games. The rest will be suspensions.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

overshoot wrote: »
    Killian Cantwell from Galway to Harps. Should help plug our defensive hole with Cowan's injury and with McConnell set to make his loan at Ballinamallard permanent. Had thought the exMan U u21 captain would have stepped up this year... evidently not! Dykes has taken a good few with him since he left, Brush & Curran announced last week and Flately went with him initially too.

Kilian is a fine player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Kilian is a fine player

yea happy with him. Im assuming he has taken one of our full time contracts.
    Adam Hanlon confirmed his departure on twitter. Would have liked to have kept him but its a long trek for him. Ruaidhrí Higgins was meant to be at our first training session so guessing that rumour is true. We definitely need a bit more in terms of attacking midfields from last year though.

I feel sorry for the young players at Drogheda with 3 Brennan's now at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

The town signing enda curran,zambra and Stephen walsh,good signings,hopefully it all cones together,should be tight between ourselves and waterford!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Pighead wrote: »
    Kurtis Byrne gone to Pats. Slightly surprised at that. Thought he was settling in well at Bohs after a slowish start.

Kurtis was a funny one. His general play was awful for the most part for us, but he popped up with the goals, a few them absolute crackers. Disappointed to see him go anyway.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Pighead wrote: »

We've also signed Barry Murphy and Alex O'Hanlon. O'Hanlon is an interesting one could be a potentially great signing but you never know how it turns out with the young players who return from England.

kksaints wrote: »
    We've also signed Barry Murphy and Alex O'Hanlon. O'Hanlon is an interesting one could be a potentially great signing but you never know how it turns out with the young players who return from England.

He`s 21 and this will be his first time playing senior football at any level. He`s a complete unknown. It could go anyway.

looks like Dundalk are signing McGrath,Duffy,Vemmeuland & Conor Clifford who was highly rated at Chelsea.
    Some very good signings. McGrath has huge potential. Clifford has had alot of clubs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

It will be interesting to see how Clifford gets on, not so long ago he was the next big thing in Irish soccer and it seems as if he has spiraled down the leagues rapidly, obviously a very talented player at one point. Is McGrath a winger or where does he play?

Conor Clifford was also at Southend but it just didn't work out there either. Could be last chance saloon for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Pats obviously looked at his performances for Rovers last season.....

Didn't know he had any

Conor Clifford was also at Southend but it just didn't work out there either. Could be last chance saloon for him.

To be fair he`s actually played a lot of football in the 5th tier in England.
    He`s potentially seen Forrester and Horgan progress in the LOI and thought he could go down a similar path.
    Would be great for young lads struggling in English academies to see LOI as an appealing move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

It will be interesting to see how Clifford gets on, not so long ago he was the next big thing in Irish soccer and it seems as if he has spiraled down the leagues rapidly, obviously a very talented player at one point. Is McGrath a winger or where does he play?

McGrath can play as a winger and a striker but his best position is behind the striker in an advanced midfield position. Disappointed to lose him, he has a lot of potential.

pats sign former Ireland under-19 international Alex O'Hanlon.

O'Hanlon has been a free agent since leaving Liverpool during the summer, and he joins former Bohemians striker Kurtis Byrne and goalkeeper Barry Murphy in the arrivals queue at Richmond Park.

http://www.extratime.ie/articles/18175/st-patricks-athletic-sign-former-ireland-and-liverpool-underage-star-ohanlon/

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

A trivia challenge for you: name every club faced by a LOI side in European competition.

Can you name the clubs that League of Ireland teams played in European Competitions?

I got 113/196, had to cheat with a few of the spellings.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement