Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Its good to see chat here, keep going.

Anyone hear anything about some James Connor dude for Sligo Rovers?
    There was a Jack Connors playing for Irish U21s a few years back, possibly him. Don't know who James Connor is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

PGE1970 wrote: »
    And so we enter the fourth day of the Ogbene Thread (formerly known as LoI rumours, transfer gossip etc).

Oh sorry your Lordship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

damemcd wrote: »
    Dundalk are going with the plastic for next year.......hope they have it nice and manicured for us in february..

We'll water the half we are playing into for the second half at half time. That should be good enough. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Cork City = best supported team in the LOI.

More supporters = more posters.

Why is it surprising that an LOI thread contains lots of posts about one of our brightest young prospects making a seemingly strange move to another LOI club :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Cork City = best supported team in the LOI.

More supporters = more posters.

Why is it surprising that an LOI thread contains lots of posts about one of our brightest young prospects making a seemingly strange move to another LOI club :confused:

Going on last years attendance figures we're not even that anymore, coming second to Dundalk once again, which is actually embarrassing given the size of the city but Iv been through that before on here. I think you could say we are "potentially" the biggest fanbase in the LOI when things are going right, something that goes for each club in reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Michael Duffy set to be announced for us over the weekend along with 2 others.

Cant wait for the league to start now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dundalk favourite with the bookies to make it four in a row at even money. Cork and Shamrock Rovers second and third favourites.

Drogheda, Finn Harps and Bohs going gown according to Paddy's odds compiler.

http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/airtricity-league-premier-division

At the moment ( this could change) my predictions

1 Shamrock Rovers
    2 Derry City
    3 Cork City
    4 Dundalk
    5 Bray Wanderers
    6 Sligo
    7 St Pats
    8 Limerick
    9 Galway
    10Drogheda
    11Bohs
    12 Finn Harps

joeysoap wrote: »

1 Shamrock Rovers
    2 Derry City
    3 Cork City
    4 Dundalk
    5 Bray Wanderers
    6 Sligo
    7 St Pats
    8 Limerick
    9 Galway
    10Drogheda
    11Bohs
    12 Finn Harps
    Wow! I reckon you must be the only person in the country/world/universe who think Dundalk will finish outside the top three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

1 Shamrock Rovers
    2 Derry City
    3 Cork City
    4 Dundalk
    5 Bray Wanderers
    6 Sligo
    7 St Pats
    8 Limerick
    9 Galway
    10Drogheda
    11Bohs
    12 Finn Harps

i'll have what you're having

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Wow! I reckon you must be the only person in the country/world/universe who think Dundalk will finish outside the top three.

At the moment ( this could change) my prediction :)

I think we are a little bit weaker at the back with the loss of Boyle, hopefully I am proved totally wrong.

Fwiw. I have collected my season ticket a few week ago. Keeping the faith :)

At the moment ( this could change) my prediction
    It doesn't matter if you change your mind or not. The fact that at this moment in time you think Dundalk will finish outside the top three is mindboggling!

Cork will do well to get 2nd again

I could see us having disappointing season unless we buy coulple of real quality players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Cork will do well to get 2nd again

I could see us having disappointing season unless we buy coulple of real quality players.

Where are these quality players going to come from? Iv seen this mentioned over the last few weeks not just by yourself. Caulfield already confirmed that the squad will be smaller this year, we had a really good starting 11 last season that we've managed to somehow keep a hold of, we dont need an influx of players every year to go win a league, sometimes with familiarity comes success. It'll be JC's first season of having pretty much the same starting 11 so lets see if we can progress with what we've got. And of the players we did bring in, Keohane looked brilliant against UCC during the week as did McCormak. We need a CB to cover the aging Bennett, expect something to be announced on that next week, 2 players in particular being looked at.

My prediction for top 4 is:

Cork City
    Dundalk
    Shamrock Rovers
    Derry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Plenty quality in the City squad, Kav coming back will be like a new signing and it will also allow Beattie to play in his preferred wing position. People like Maguire, Kevin O Connor and Bolger will only push on from last season's standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

AgileMyth wrote: »
    There was a Jack Connors playing for Irish U21s a few years back, possibly him. Don't know who James Connor is.

Check Rovers post of FB about sponsorship a day or two ago. Some buck posts on it mentions him, his title on his page is Sligo Rovers chief scout, if he is scout why is he posting about players not yet signed? Because in another post before he claims to be this guys representation also ??

CHealy wrote: »
    Where are these quality players going to come from? Iv seen this mentioned over the last few weeks not just by yourself. Caulfield already confirmed that the squad will be smaller this year, we had a really good starting 11 last season that we've managed to somehow keep a hold of, we dont need an influx of players every year to go win a league, sometimes with familiarity comes success. It'll be JC's first season of having pretty much the same starting 11 so lets see if we can progress with what we've got. And of the players we did bring in, Keohane looked brilliant against UCC during the week as did McCormak. We need a CB to cover the aging Bennett, expect something to be announced on that next week, 2 players in particular being looked at.

My prediction for top 4 is:

Cork City
    Dundalk
    Shamrock Rovers
    Derry

Still think we are short on Striker, CB and CM with bit more advanced play in the locker

You make very good argument. And hard to argue against. Still time but maybe few players in Dublin might be interested. I know it aint easy get players but even your expectations are already set on great season. If it does not work out then JC will be under the cosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs are too big to go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Omackeral wrote: »
    Bohs are too big to go down.

So were Shels, Rovers, Cork and Derry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

#NeverRelegated

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

PGE1970 wrote: »
    And so we enter the fourth day of the Ogbene Thread (formerly known as LoI rumours, transfer gossip etc).

Completely forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me:)

He plays for a LOI team.

There was a rumour he was leaving.

Then he transferred.

Now people are gossiping about him.

Absolute joke really that's it's spoken about in this thread.

Looking forward to the 2017 version of this thread already , I reckon my first post there will be about a fella who just went from City to Limerick ( he who shall not be named!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Michael Duffy set to be announced for us over the weekend along with 2 others.

Cant wait for the league to start now.

Any word on who the 2 others would be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

dan1895 wrote: »
    So were Shels, Rovers, Cork and Derry.

And Wexford Youths :D

Sander Puri would walk into any team in the country. Signed for Waterford..

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Check Rovers post of FB about sponsorship a day or two ago. Some buck posts on it mentions him, his title on his page is Sligo Rovers chief scout, if he is scout why is he posting about players not yet signed? Because in another post before he claims to be this guys representation also ??

I think its a bad pisstake. Hes asking questions publicly on Facebook about a player he's claiming to represent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭sligolad1

They must have offered him an incredible deal, why on earth would he go there!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

sligolad1 wrote: »

They must have offered him an incredible deal, why on earth would he go there!?!?

I imagine the link with Swindon is very attractive to players, play exceptionally well and you're practically guaranteed a move to England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

No he wouldn't, Mceleny at Dundalk and Connolly at Bray are just 2 that would keep him on the bench. He was average at best for us. Now that could be explained by the fact he was in a relegation threatened team. But In comparison Dinny Corcoran hit 12 goals for us that year and Puri contributed very little.
    He`s very light and didn't seem to fancy any of the physical side of the game.
    The fact he has over 50 caps for Estonia says a lot about the level they are at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭sligolad1

No he wouldn't, Mceleny at Dundalk and Connolly at Bray are just 2 that would keep him on the bench. He was average at best for us. Now that could be explained by the fact he was in a relegation threatened team. But In comparison Dinny Corcoran hit 12 goals for us that year and Puri contributed very little.
    He`s very light and didn't seem to fancy any of the physical side of the game.
    The fact he has over 50 caps for Estonia says a lot about the level they are at.
    Don't agree with that, thought he was very impressive for us. Not very physical alright but fast, skilful and gave 100% all the time. He played on the wing so you wouldn't expect him to score more our striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Glad to see there is at least one other club chairman out there who doesn't consult with fans over the choice of crest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Still think we are short on Striker, CB and CM with bit more advanced play in the locker

You make very good argument. And hard to argue against. Still time but maybe few players in Dublin might be interested. I know it aint easy get players but even your expectations are already set on great season. If it does not work out then JC will be under the cosh

Aganovic who was with us last year was playing for ye in a friendly during the week I hear, he'd solve your issue at CB. Probably not good enough to be a league winning starter but as a backup CB ye could do worse.

sligolad1 wrote: »
    Don't agree with that, thought he was very impressive for us. Not very physical alright but fast, skilful and gave 100% all the time. He played on the wing so you wouldn't expect him to score more our striker.

No I wouldn`t expect him to score more than a striker, I was just making the point that his overall contribution was limited.
    He went off to the Czech First Divison after leaving us and played last season in Estonia.
    Our league is certainly of a higher level than Estonia`s so its ridiculous to say he`d walk into any side here.

C2omPKkXUAA1VUT.png

It looks nice although their previous one was nice too.
    I`d wonder how much it cost. I remember Cork City doing something similar under Arkaga and it cost about 70k between design costs and changing crests around the club and other associated stuff. Obviously the latter wont be a problem for Waterford but I wouldn't mind seeing the design cost.

And Wexford Youths :D

And Dundalk, Twice :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just for clarification purposes - how many posts are allowed on a player transfer before we have to move on?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

gimmick wrote: »
    Just for clarification purposes - how many posts are allowed on a player transfer before we have to move on?

I'm completely stunned that the discussion in this thread of a player moving between LoI teams has provoked criticism. I think some people need to moan about anything.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Another signing for Limerick, Brazilian striker Rodrigo Tosi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm completely stunned that the discussion in this thread of a player moving between LoI teams has provoked criticism. I think some people need to moan about anything.

Look at the English January transfer thread if you think this one is bad. About 10 pages of Liverpool and United fans arguing about whether Suarez who used to play for one is better than Griezmann who might sign for the other in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Look at the English January transfer thread if you think this one is bad. About 10 pages of Liverpool and United fans arguing about whether Suarez who used to play for one is better than Griezmann who might sign for the other in the summer.

I presume the only reason you were reading that was to try an cure your insomnia! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Puri becomes the 15th member of the Blues squad ahead of the 2017 season.

Squad so far: Matthew Connor, Robin Dempsey, Patrick McClean, Conor Whittle, Gary Delaney, Dean O’Halloran, Owen Wall, Dave Mulcahy, Shane O’Connor, Anthony McAlavey, Garry Comerford, Sander Puri, Dean Walsh, Paul Murphy, Mark O’Sullivan.

Squad so far: Matthew Connor, Robin Dempsey, Patrick McClean, Conor Whittle, Gary Delaney, Dean O’Halloran, Owen Wall, Dave Mulcahy, Shane O’Connor, Anthony McAlavey, Garry Comerford, Sander Puri, Dean Walsh, Paul Murphy, Mark O’Sullivan.

What do independent eyes think of this squad? Lots of talk of Kenny McEvoy and Colin Healy in a player/coach role (only thing holding this up is his wife's health unfortunately)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

https://m.facebook.com/OfficialLimerickFC/photos/a.383440733885.162992.93574368885/10154847999808886/?type=3

Limerick sign Rodrigo Toshi, played with Joe Gamble in Brunei. From seeing him training with the squad he looks quality and after being recommended by Gamble for the club to sign he must be somewhat decent.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

What do independent eyes think of this squad? Lots of talk of Kenny McEvoy and Colin Healy in a player/coach role (only thing holding this up is his wife's health unfortunately)

2nd best in the division on paper as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Kenny Browne due to sign next week?

Where the fcuk are Waterford getting the money, Swindon can't be that flush? I thought you could only have a wages bill that was a % of the gate money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

What?

Where the fcuk are Waterford getting the money, Swindon can't be that flush? I thought you could only have a wages bill that was a % of the gate money.

Swindon Town are a football club, they didn't buy them.
    Lee Power bought them. It wont end well though but hopefully they get back to the PD and the fall isn't too big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Kenny Browne has a second year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement