Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭prodsc

chris turner ‏@ChrisTurns18 17m17 minutes ago
    More
    Time to pack the bags. Back to n.ireland I go. But where where will I be playing my football. North or south of the border.

Derry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Seani's on fire...your defense is terrified... we may be screwed at centre half but Sean Maguire takes 15 mins to open his account this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This isn't being streamed or anything anywhere is it?

No but you can see the goal here

https://mobile.twitter.com/FAIreland/status/832683448162607104

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Paddy Barrett is no Andy Boyle. Kilduff takes about 1 in 5 chances. Goalkeeper not our strongest position.

• Advertisement

Tidy.

Leaves the cb for dead and good shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭prodsc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Cork City put down a marker, 3140 on a really miserable night in Cork is a really good attendance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

First 10 min Dundalk looked streets ahead. But Cork grew into the game.

Nice marker, but lets not get carried away. Dundalk were not really bothered and Cork were more up for it.

Never seen player talk so much as Gartland though. Must be on his period or something was wound up to last.

• Advertisement

First 10 min Dundalk looked streets ahead. But Cork grew into the game.

Nice marker, but lets not get carried away. Dundalk were not really bothered and Cork were more up for it.

Never seen player talk so much as Gartland though. Must be on his period or something was wound up to last.

Blames his errors against Zenit St Petersburg and Maccabi Tel Aviv for Dundalks exit from the Europa League. Three great goals tonight in the Cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Seems like a missed oppurtunity with televising. Even if the FAI had it as a free stream it'd be a good way to get a bit of a buzz going around the start of the season.

Better chance of Delaney sprouting wings and flying up his own hole though I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thought the attendence looked least 500+ then what they said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Erra it's comes with an *. Dundalk were really tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Seems like a missed oppurtunity with televising. Even if the FAI had it as a free stream it'd be a good way to get a bit of a buzz going around the start of the season.

Better chance of Delaney sprouting wings and flying up his own hole though I suppose.
    They tried streaming last year. They made a balls of it. It was completely unwatchable so its probably much of a muchness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

They tried streaming last year. They made a balls of it. It was completely unwatchable so its probably much of a muchness.

My stream was flawless last year on YouTube.

Pity RTE didnt provide live coverage, clash of triple league champions and cup winners with both teams having lots of new faces, plenty of interest in the game and not just in Dundalk and Cork

Thought the attendence looked least 500+ then what they said.

Goes on all the time IMO. What is the breakdown for last nights gate,? I have no doubt the LOI takes a cut, that Dundalk's and City's expenses were covered (it was a Dundalk home match match but Oriel wasn't ready) and then what? In England the money goes to charity but I don't think LOI clubs can afford to donate whole gate money like that. Might be well supported clubs but it's still hand to mouth most seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Shams lost 1-0 to Thomastown United in the Leinster Senior Cup.

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is a wind up or not. A lot of people had issues with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Not sure if this is a wind up or not. A lot of people had issues with it.

Absolutely not a wind up. It was like watching TV. I don't know why people had problems with it, all I know is it was fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What is going on in Athlone? They've got lads coming in from all over the place and 3 Portuguese fellas coaching now.

They signed 3 French players today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Saw something about 28 live games, but don't know if that's in addition to the two semis and final of the cup. Eir will be showing games too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Pitch looks awful

Oat23 wrote: »
    What is going on in Athlone? They've got lads coming in from all over the place and 3 Portuguese fellas coaching now.

They signed 3 French players today.

Who are Mercato Athone Town?

French Website Announces 3 Signings
    Feb 18, 2017 | Club News, Latest News
    According to French football website www.lequipe.fr and French Twitter page 100% Mercato Athlone Town have completed the signings of three French players who have played in the French Ligue namely Sofiane Maakni a 21 year old midfielder who has played for Sannois..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Mercato just means Market? That's the name of the French twitter page, 100% Mercato

https://twitter.com/100Mercato/status/833034673529950208

1st division looks like it's going to be interesting this year. Bookies have Longford favourite, Waterford next, but Athlone might shake the tree. I'd love to see Shelbourne back in the premier but it's not going to be easy.

With Swindon not setting league 1 on fire (currently in the drop zone) might we see Waterford players crossing the channel during the English close season?

It could have been a great First Division race this year, but it has been ruined by the FAI shooting the league in the foot.

Athlone were meant to be incredibly poor against Bohs in their last pre-season friendly. Only 22 spectators there allegedly. I would expect them to finish last by quite a margin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Athlone were meant to be incredibly poor against Bohs in their last pre-season friendly. Only 22 spectators there allegedly. I would expect them to finish last by quite a margin.

There was an Athlone fan on twitter saying most of the foreigners signed don't look like they have played football at any level before based off that Bohs game.

• Advertisement

Yeah I saw that also, I would regard him as quite a reliable source for the goings on there.

Also worrying is that this is the last club that Ricardo Monsanto has managed, in the Ballymena district league:
    During their first season as an intermediate club, 2015-16, the club struggled to make an impact in the Ballymena & Provincial League, drawing two and losing fifteen of their matches, with one match not played.[3] The match in question, an away tie against Rathcoole, was abandoned in the second half after a mass brawl between players from both teams broke out.[4] They suffered several heavy defeats, including losing 15-1 at Magherafelt Sky Blues, 15-0 at Ballynure Old Boys and 18-1 at Dunloy.[5]

joeysoap wrote: »
    With Swindon not setting league 1 on fire (currently in the drop zone) might we see Waterford players crossing the channel during the English close season?

I cant think of any Waterford player who would be capable of making the step up.
    I would think their 3 star players are O`Sullivan, Puri, Browne. None of those are up to it for various reasons.
    Now maybe there`s a star in the underage teams that I know nothing about but I cant see any current senior players at Waterford going to Swindon in the near future.

I'm surprised to see Longford favourites for the FD, I would've thought bookies would have Waterford at short odds. Maybe with a combination of good Dublin based players they have just as good a team as Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Eir and Virgin still haven't buried the hatchet so it's off limits to anyone on Virgin. Hopefully RTÉ are showing the vast majority.

I think it's 17 games on rte and 11 on eir

D14Rugby wrote: »
    I think it's 17 games on rte and 11 on eir

Plus any European games Eir decide to carry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Sligo 2-2 Athlone

Going to be a few weeks in to the season to get a proper feel to how it will pan out

• Advertisement

Predictions for the Season

Champions - Cork City (I have to say that regardless)
    2nd - Dundalk
    Shamrock Rovers 10 points behind in 3rd.

Relegation
    Harps
    Galway
    Drogheda

League Cup - SPA
    FAI Cup - CCFC Vs Dundalk final again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Predictions for the Season

Champions - Dundalk
    2nd - Rovers

Relegation
    Drogheda
    Finn Harps
    Bohs

League Cup - Pats
    FAI Cup - Limerick

Up - Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Would there be any chance of more tickets coming down from Oriel for away end or is the 500...sold out...about the max for fridays match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

damemcd wrote: »
    Would there be any chance of more tickets coming down from Oriel for away end or is the 500...sold out...about the max for fridays match?

500 is the max I'm pretty sure. I heard because fans were complaining about the state of the away ends, lack of toilets etc, they reduced the allocation to 500. That's just what I've heard though so don't know how true it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Here a link for all the taxi drivers that fally the rovers still looking for a ticket

http://www.ticketgroup.ie/Dundalk_F.C_tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

They took that down ......de taxi drivers are fcuked so we are...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Nobody predicting first club to have the begging bowl out.

Disappointed.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Nobody predicting first club to have the begging bowl out.

Disappointed.

True. Normally there is a "First *" asked. My bad :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement