Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

CHealy wrote: »
    If a few car loads of Cork City fans can travel 4 hours up the road on a Tuesday morning to buy home end tickets for the 2014 league decider, then surely Rovers fans can manage the hour up the road? "Negotiate" your way into the away end then.

Oh im sure many will despite the extra security that supposedly is going to be there, I won't be one of them though as unfortunately I can't make the game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

NIMAN wrote: »
    Yeah, cos its nice to get a soaking at a match, get on to a bus and sit for a few hours on a trip home wet to the skin.

The least fans can expect is a little shelter from the elements.

We have a stand! There is an away section in the stand.

Bray, Longford (im sure there is more have no roof over the away ends. They dont receive half as much ranting and giving out.

P.S I hope it pisses rain all day and night on Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

We have a stand! There is an away section in the stand.

Bray, Longford (im sure there is more have no roof over the away ends. They dont receive half as much ranting and giving out.

P.S I hope it pisses rain all day and night on Friday

Well I can agree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Omackeral wrote: »
    Well I can agree with you there.

I don't! Will affect the gate and the atmosphere. Big gate big atmosphere. It's live on de telly, so no we don't want rain. Weather forecast is rain on Friday morning, but same forecast says it was windy this morning. I obviously missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

joeysoap wrote: »
    I don't! Will affect the gate and the atmosphere. Big gate big atmosphere. It's live on de telly, so no we don't want rain. Weather forecast is rain on Friday morning, but same forecast says it was windy this morning. I obviously missed it.

You won't miss it tomorrow morning. That's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The league website is 'live' according to the FAI twitter account, but nothing seems to be working on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The league website is 'live' according to the FAI twitter account, but nothing seems to be working on it.

It's there.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Strange - no content at all coming up for me on Google Chrome but it works on explorer. Looks well actually! Let's hope they keep it updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not working on mobile for me anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Looks pretty good. Better late than never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭prodsc

Strange - no content at all coming up for me on Google Chrome but it works on explorer. Looks well actually! Let's hope they keep it updated.

working fine for me on Chrome and mobile. Look forward to live section tomorrow night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It's grand. Pretty light on content (player photos would be great) but it's an OK start. No obvious way to integrate an FAI TV livestream is disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can't get it working on Chrome on phone, does on Browser though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Had a look in the clubs section... does anyone think the player interviews are all made up? I noticed "absolutely" as the start of a response in the 4 iv clicked in so far and they all seem so generic...
    Tbh only suspicious as ours is with Keith Cowan... who barring a miracle wont play this year due to injury, isnt announced as signed, the interview makes no reference to it and the last question is.... "you must be really excited to get going?". Reply - "No matter who we play against, it is going to be tough......... I’m sure we’ll make it a tough test for Cork as well."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

I noted that myself but tbh just assumed that it was just the usual soundbites and clichés rolled out by footballers... only thinking of the next game, no such thing as easy games, its a tough league to win, giving it 100%, doesnt matter who scores as long as it goes in, its a team effort and so on and on!! It would be refreshing to hear a player say 'yeah they are not very good are they!' or 'we were muck tonight', I am a greedy git as I love to score goals and want to score them all!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It's grand. Pretty light on content (player photos would be great) but it's an OK start. No obvious way to integrate an FAI TV livestream is disappointing.

Might be nitpicking, but the club badges are very low res too.
    http://fms.sseairtricityleague.ie/export.media/-/action/getLogo/id/01TUGGBIO4000000VUM100GLVUSBBC1N/verband/0123456789ABCDEF012345670IRL1010

Even I have better quality on my own drive.
    http://i.imgur.com/bCwgMdp.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Great to see Dinny in the herald yesterday talking about possible relegation before the season even starts.

Gonna be a long one in Dalyer this year if thats the mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Great to see Dinny in the herald yesterday talking about possible relegation before the season even starts.

Gonna be a long one in Dalyer this year if thats the mentality.
    Lots of people picking Bohs as one of their relegation picks it seems. Might be a good idea for Bohs fans to print out the current league table and enjoy it for the next 30 hours or so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I don't think Bohs have any chance of going down, unfortunately. As it stands, I'd have Finn Harps and Galway as certainties and probably Drogheda

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

dfx- wrote: »
    I don't think Bohs have any chance of going down, unfortunately. As it stands, I'd have Finn Harps and Galway as certainties and probably Drogheda

I think Drogheda will be good this season.

2 Brennans will be massive additions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pitch inspection in Harps tomorrow at 10am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Pighead wrote: »
    Lots of people picking Bohs as one of their relegation picks it seems. Might be a good idea for Bohs fans to print out the current league table and enjoy it for the next 30 hours or so.

We've never been relegated so I suppose there is that.

And I could give two shiny ****s whether other people pick us to go down, just when our own players are publicly discussing it is a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

gimmick wrote: »
    Pitch inspection in Harps tomorrow at 10am.

At least you'll know if there is a game on before leaving Cork. Still a pain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

At least you'll know if there is a game on before leaving Cork. Still a pain though.

Team are travelling today.

Reports are that the pitch is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

bray signed ryan robinson from bohs , any use ?? think he was with shels before that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

peteeeed wrote: »
    bray signed ryan robinson from bohs , any use ?? think he was with shels before that

If he was with Bohs he has only been with them a few weeks as he left Shels in the off season. Tipped for big things at one stage but never really lived up to the hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

dfx- wrote: »

I wouldn't have Galway as certainties, although they`ll probably be in the mix. They`ve plenty of quality and if Ronan Murray fires they should be comfortable enough.

Harps are certainties. They finished 10th last year and I see nothing in their squad to suggest they`ll improve on that. Plus, its a stronger league this year as there`s no Longford or Wexford type team so they`ll do very well not to be 12th.

Drogheda will find it tough too. Whatever about the Brennan`s, I think Mahon will be their strong suit, an excellent manager with bags of experience. If they stay up it`ll be because of him.

Bohs then look the next weakest. They really haven't brought in anyone of note and they`ll miss Lopes.

Galway, Limerick, Pats and Sligo could very conceivably end up in the mix.

I'm very apprehensive about us (Sligo). This season could go absolutely anyway as our main strike force consists of 2 teenagers on-loan from England and Raff (35).
    If they don't fire we`ll do very well not to be in the bottom 3.

Seriously? Someone could have jumped in a car and drove it to Dublin.

https://buzz.ie/transfer-deadline-day-frustration-for-sligo-rovers/

Though knowing the FAI they would have rejected that too on the technicality that it was not sent by post as the rules state. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

peteeeed wrote: »

Left Shels for St Mochtas. Dont think played with Bohs

http://thejuniorsoccerportal.info/saints-sign-shels-starlet-title-hopefuls-bring-loi-defender/amp/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

He was all but signed for Bohs but went to Mochtas due to work commitments. Situation must have changed very recently.

Harps are certainties. They finished 10th last year and I see nothing in their squad to suggest they`ll improve on that. Plus, its a stronger league this year as there`s no Longford or Wexford type team so they`ll do very well not to be 12th.

I'm very apprehensive about us (Sligo). This season could go absolutely anyway as our main strike force consists of 2 teenagers on-loan from England and Raff (35).
    If they don't fire we`ll do very well not to be in the bottom 3.

In fairness i think we potentially have a stronger squad than last year, defence is much unchanged but there is a much better attacking threat. Only issue is a lot of the lads are young, so it is potential. What hurt us most last year in the bad run was the part time squad. We were joint 5th before it have 5 or 6 full time players this year so, hopefully can avoid another run like that which would take us down this year.

I think your right on sligo, if a goal scorer doesnt emerge you could struggle... to me though this is a top 5 (providing bray dont *) and the rest. Sligo, Pats & Limerick best placed to keep their noses out of it but any could go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

overshoot wrote: »
    In fairness i think we potentially have a stronger squad than last year, defence is much unchanged but there is a much better attacking threat. Only issue is a lot of the lads are young, so it is potential. What hurt us most last year in the bad run was the part time squad. We were joint 5th before it have 5 or 6 full time players this year so, hopefully can avoid another run like that which would take us down this year.

I think your right on sligo, if a goal scorer doesnt emerge you could struggle... to me though this is a top 5 (providing bray dont *) and the rest. Sligo, Pats & Limerick best placed to keep their noses out of it but any could go down.

You wouldn't by any chance be talking down Sligo's chances? Pats could be in trouble early doors and Buckley gone by Easter.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    You wouldn't by any chance be talking down Sligo's chances? Pats could be in trouble early doors and Buckley gone by Easter.

I feel behind the front men they are fine but as topman said there is a 35 year old up top and some young lads in support. They could do well and net a dozen goals, but if they struggle suddenly wins may be draws.
    I'd say the same about ourselves only on a larger scale. lots of potential... But it will be a long season if it isn't fulfilled. We need things to click if we are going to survive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭prodsc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Don't forget, league of Ireland weekly predictions league is here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057709321

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

prodsc wrote: »

Great piece, Doc has only being to two games since stepping down? A now we play a good bit in or around dub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Citys brutal opening day away record and the fact Donegal is covered by a blanket of rain doesnt fill me with much hope tonight should the game go ahead. Coincidentally the last time we won an away game on the opening day was up at Finn Harps in 2005 and went on to win the league. John O'Flynn and Kevin Doyle the scorers that night.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Seriously? Someone could have jumped in a car and drove it to Dublin.

https://buzz.ie/transfer-deadline-day-frustration-for-sligo-rovers/

Though knowing the FAI they would have rejected that too on the technicality that it was not sent by post as the rules state. :rolleyes:

This is what happened apparently. After they refused an e-mailed copy of his registration, the club wanted to send someone to Dublin with them, but the FAI said they would not accept hand delivered documents and they had to be posted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Disgraceful, but not in anyway surprising from the FAI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Did a little illustration of Ronan Finn before his homecoming of sorts tonight!

il_570xN.1149670184_jd2s.jpg

You can see all of my LOI Illustrations here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Patww79 wrote: »
    Will Shelbourne hit 3 figures for attendance tonight?

If Longford can bring 98 fans that should do it

Bad start to things in Athlone.

https://twitter.com/ExtratimeNews/status/835213919807488000

Plus, they've put Wexford FC on the teamsheets instead of Waterford FC.

Bad start to things in Athlone.

https://twitter.com/ExtratimeNews/status/835213919807488000

Plus, they've put Wexford FC on the teamsheets instead of Waterford FC.

I really really really do not want to go back to that division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

[QUOTE

Plus, they've put Wexford FC on the teamsheets instead of Waterford FC.[/QUOTE]

How did they manage to mix WFC up with WFC?.......Oh wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Kick off 20:15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Limerick starting well!

Have a missed a matchweek thread? can't see it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement