Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

gimmick wrote: »
    But the pitch will be like a bog.

In hindsight, last week could turn out to be good preparation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

If the Derry lads got the DUP to build it ,lashed in a few boilers to the back of the stand, theyd be up 14million by this time next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Munster Senior League ref called the pitch as unplayable at the 1pm inspection, so the game tonight at Turners Cross is 100% on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

CHealy wrote: »
    Munster Senior League ref called the pitch as unplayable at the 1pm inspection

Has the rain eased?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Any idea when the Cork game will be confirmed?

Rain has eased off here, although still few showers.

Edit: nevermind another inspection at 4pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Has the rain eased?

Ya it has tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Stopped for now.

The game will go ahead barring some absolute biblical rain falling between now and 7.45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Ya rain stopped for now but theres a Met Eireann alert in place for heavy rain in Munster for this evening and tonight, even if it passes the 4pm inspection theres no saying it still wont be called off 3 hours later. Its been raining heavy non stop since this time yesterday, literally no break from it at all until 20 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Game on in Cork!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City game has been officially given the go ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Anyone from up Deery way know if any where for me to listen to limerick derry tonight online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Anyone from up Deery way know if any where for me to listen to limerick derry tonight online?

Can't make it on Fri Night? Get @derrycityfc v @LimerickFC online @ http://drive105.co.uk or http://tunein.com/radio/Drive-FM-1053-s117018/ … from 7:20pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Seriously? 7million queen quids for a mini stand?
    Insanity.

The new South Stand in Tallaght is costing 1.9 and will double the size of that "main" stand going in at the Brandywell.

Even better than that the railway end in the showground's in Sligo has a 1300 capacity and cost 250k! Granted it doesn't have changing rooms or a roof but would they really add E7M?
    I know they are relaying the pitch, taking out the dog track and making various other improvements but it still doesn't make sense.
    I know the council spent a long time mulling over tenders originally as they said they were too expensive.
    That would make me wonder was there ever really £7M in the kitty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

@MarsBar did ya stay in Cork to go to the cross tonight?

Hope ya passed the Pro B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

MrMac84 wrote: »
    @MarsBar did ya stay in Cork to go to the cross tonight?

Hope ya passed the Pro B

I didn't stay. The weather was too bad to take the chance and my exhaust snapped on the way down to Cork last week and my car is louder than a boy racers and very, very rattly!

Thanks Mac. We don't find out until June 1st and we have assignments to do up until then. It didn't go so well for me on the pitch though but I can work on that in the mean time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

1-1 in Buncrana and the floodlights have gone off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

irish_goat wrote: »
    1-1 in Buncrana and the floodlights have gone off...

If Limerick were the home team in Jackman and this happened there'd be war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Daphne Polite Bedding

Great 4-0 win for City in awful conditions, over 3,000 which is good in this weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

5,220 in Tallaght for Rovers v Bohs which is a great attendance considering the game was declared on until 530pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

How is buttimer still refereeing? By all accounts another clusterf*ck of errors in the Bray match. I though the league had learned that he was close to useless but he's still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

joeysoap wrote: »
    How is buttimer still refereeing? By all accounts another clusterf*ck of errors in the Bray match. I though the league had learned that he was close to useless but he's still there.

yeah he was horse**** for both teams , it was a mental game in terrible conditions , good crowd too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

peteeeed wrote: »
    yeah he was horse**** for both teams , it was a mental game in terrible conditions , good crowd too

Mental game how?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

The muppets in Tallaght weren't great either missed all sorts of stuff, not quite buttimer or Doyle level but still not great. Rovers got a free in their own box, took it short and the linesman pulled it back for not leaving the box thinking it was a goal kick and the ref went along with it. How basic of a mistake do you want to get.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

D14Rugby wrote: »
    The muppets in Tallaght weren't great either missed all sorts of stuff, not quite buttimer or Doyle level but still not great. Rovers got a free in their own box, took it short and the linesman pulled it back for not leaving the box thinking it was a goal kick and the ref went along with it. How basic of a mistake do you want to get.

The penalty call was hilarious. I haven't seen a reply of it so I'm not sure if it was deserved or not, but the ref blew his whistle and then didn't know what to do :pac:.

Don't think the officials influenced the result tbf.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Mental game how?

For starters he allowed bray to play on and score in an empty net while our keeper was down (outside the box) following a clash of heads. Had to be replaced too, think its just a concussion but wasn't at it... I'm curious to see what soccer republic shows. The extra time report makes for some reading!

• Advertisement

GLaDOS wrote: »
    The penalty call was hilarious. I haven't seen a reply of it so I'm not sure if it was deserved or not, but the ref blew his whistle and then didn't know what to do :pac:.

Don't think the officials influenced the result tbf.

they didn't at all, no huge game changing mistakes but its the small simple ones that you'd expect Sunday league refs not to do that annoy me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Well fair play to the lino because that's a correct call.

Well fair play to the lino because that's a correct call.

It's not, free kicks don't have to go outside the box.
    Also it left the box anyway

Edit. Googled it there it does have to leave the box but the ball did so still a bad call

It's not, free kicks don't have to go outside the box

Second last paragraph
    http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-13---free-kicks

Also happened at an loi 17s game, local ref was reffing the game and must not have known the rule and was the linesman Dermot Broughton who flagged for it to be retaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Great Atmosphere in Tallaght last night, Bohs end was hopping and great to see the final attendance considering the conditions.

As for the Ref, he was terrible for both teams, Ive being supporting the league for 17 years now and nothing has changed. Facilities, Standard of play, Professionalism has all improved bar the Ref's. The amount of ruined games over the years by basic mistakes is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

major bill wrote: »
    Great Atmosphere in Tallaght last night, Bohs end was hopping and great to see the final attendance considering the conditions.

As for the Ref, he was terrible for both teams, Ive being supporting the league for 17 years now and nothing has changed. Facilities, Standard of play, Professionalism has all improved bar the Ref's. The amount of ruined games over the years by basic mistakes is ridiculous.

Yeah thought it was a really good crowd and atmosphere last night especially all things considered. Not heard of any trouble either.

Yeah he didn't influence the game purely by being poor for both teams.

Very thoughtful of the FAI to re-arrange the Derry v Limerick match for a Tuesday. :eek:

Second last paragraph
    http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-13---free-kicks

Also happened at an loi 17s game, local ref was reffing the game and must not have known the rule and was the linesman Dermot Broughton who flagged for it to be retaken.

yeah looked it up and the ball does have to leave the box, but it did was the annoying bit. Its also the sort of thing where you should really just let it go in that case it wasn't really of any benefit, retaking the free kick just took up time and slowed the game down and in those conditions,in a big match, on tv thats really just unnecessary for the sake of a few cm at most.

Very thoughtful of the FAI to re-arrange the Derry v Limerick match for a Tuesday. :eek:

League Cup games are fixed for that night and both teams aren't playing in the first round I think. Apprantly Limerick offered to stay over night and play it today at 2pm but Derry refused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

overshoot wrote: »
    For starters he allowed bray to play on and score in an empty net while our keeper was down (outside the box) following a clash of heads. Had to be replaced too, think its just a concussion but wasn't at it... I'm curious to see what soccer republic shows. The extra time report makes for some reading!

That keeper who came on had a stormer 4 or 5 really good saves and the winger on the left was nippy enough .
    I'd give buttimer a pass on the goalie injury it happened so fast mccabe hit it straight back and he collided with his own player other than that he was his usual inept self

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

That keeper who came on had a stormer 4 or 5 really good saves and the winger on the left was nippy enough .
    I'd give buttimer a pass on the goalie injury it happened so fast mccabe hit it straight back and he collided with his own player other than that he was his usual inept self

Yea Doherty seems a good prospect, Gavin cullen reckons he could be one of the best keepers in the loi. Will see now if he keeps his place next week/maybe no choice.
    McAleer too is a great signing, tricky and pacey, tad light though.
    Was hard to tell from reading reports on that goal. Most seem to say harps stopped so I presumed there was a bit of time. Still even if we can put a few down to buttimer, still too many conceeded. We have a good attack this year but it won't be much good if our defence has gone... Cowen is a huge loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Have to disagree with you on buttimer peteeeed I was shocked he let play continue as were quite a few sitting around me then to rub salt in the wound he blew up immediately towards the end of the game when dylan went down. Overall I thought Buttimer had a mare.

But I would agree with the point about harps sub keeper. from the time he came on he was far superior to the first choice who seemed incapable of keeping the ball in play on his kickouts.

Did Lee Power really say that Waterford broke the LOI transfer record for Kenny Browne? Or did he mean a Waterford record transfer?

Did Lee Power really say that Waterford broke the LOI transfer record for Kenny Browne? Or did he mean a Waterford record transfer?

"I believe we’ve broken the transfer record, obviously bringing [Kenny] Browne back from Cork."
    http://www.the42.ie/lee-power-waterford-fc-interview-3262200-Mar2017/

I read this yesterday too. I`m unsure if he means a FD transfer record or a PD transfer record. The PD record is about 75k. If they`ve spent something close to that figure on Kenny Browne its madness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

"I believe we’ve broken the transfer record, obviously bringing [Kenny] Browne back from Cork."

I read this yesterday too. I`m unsure if he means a FD transfer record or a PD transfer record. The PD record is about 75k. If they`ve spent something close to that figure on Kenny Browne its madness.

As a City fan, I reckon if they've spent close to that on him it's fantastic.

:pac: :pac: :D

• Advertisement

Think someone mentioned that it was 15k they paid for him which was half what his contract was worth. Who holds the record of 75k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Think someone mentioned that it was 15k they paid for him which was half what his contract was worth. Who holds the record of 75k?
    The Drogs spent €80k on Eamon Zayed in about 2006. Complete madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I imagine he's either on about a Waterford or First Division record

McMillan, Massey, O'Donnell and Shields missing from Dundalk tonight. No integrity.

McMillan, Massey, O'Donnell and Shields missing from Dundalk tonight. No integrity.

Resting them for next week's big game :D

Resting them for next week's big game :D

All injured, though Shiels was on the bench. No, I was joking about Dave's 'no integrity' tweet last year when Dundalk Did rest most of the team for the Pats match.

The reports I read said Sligo should have had a pen, so it's not as easy as the score line suggests.

All injured, though Shiels was on the bench. No, I was joking about Dave's 'no integrity' tweet last year when Dundalk Did rest most of the team for the Pats match.

Go way all out because of injuries, hopefully be a few of them still missing next week. They still have quality players to replace the lads but every little helps.

Peppa Pig wrote: »

I think Shels spent a similar fee on Jason Byrne in the early 00`s.
    Ah the Celtic Tiger, when even League of Ireland clubs had more money than sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Peppa Pig wrote: »

Did they actually pay that for him though? They signed Kuduzovic from us and never actually paid the agreed fee. The cheating caught up to them before they could finish the payments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The reports I read said Sligo should have had a pen, so it's not as easy as the score line suggests.

You're joking? Cos it was as easy as the scoreline suggests.
    I didn't see any pen call for Sligo throughout the game.
    Dundalk sauntered home against the worst Sligo side i've ever seen.It was almost like a training match for Dundalk at times.Not that Dundalk were brilliant mind but they done what was necessary without really raising a gallop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement