Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Wouldn't be a fan of Roddy by any stretch of the imagination, but this is just wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

What did he say, (apart from the truth probably)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pretty much just the truth on this occasion. The FAI have overstepped their bounds here in a big way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

anyone have a link to the article?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Seven Worlds will Collide

The truth hurts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Reading what he has to say there does not warrant the punishment he got from the FAI at all to put it mildly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Madness to ban him for anything in that article. The word 'shambles' and maybe when he said the 'game is ****ed' are the only two things that come up, but even so neither are worth anywhere near any sort of action. Like many, I certainly wouldn't be his biggest fan but hope there's an outcry from other players, clubs over this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Agree with all of the above. Not a fan of Roddy at all, but it's an insane punishment for just saying what we all know. Disgraceful move by those involved. Very much hope the appeal is successful.

On the upside, I'm sure the article will get 10 times as many readers because of their action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It's not an under 15 league that's needed at all it's an under 21 or B or reserve team league that's needed too continue too develop players after they out grow the 19s
    An U15 is desperately needed. The younger kids are involved in full time high quality teams where the play against other top talents the better. While I certainly think there's room for a reserve lague/U21 I think it's rightly not the priority at the moment. At the end of the day the U17&19 leagues are there to pick up players who haven't been spotted by British clubs or aren't good enough. I think we need a structure to pick up on players who have been turfed out of English academies. Now a reserve/u21 would definitely be helpful but so would the FAI keeping a record of players returning home and notifying LOI clubs and organizing trials. At the moment they are all just dropping through the cracks.
    cms88 wrote: »
    The ''A'' league as it was called should be brought back. Gave teams like Tralee. Carlow etc a good opportunity to play at the next level

This. It was terrible short sightedness that clubs were allowed to vote this out. I think some of the clubs in it had issues with it being badly run and travel expenses. But it was a new league so there was going to be teething problems.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't criticise the regime, rule no. 1 of North Korea Irish Football

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Don't criticise the regime, rule no. 1 of North Korea Irish Football

#greatestleagueintheworld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

You wouldn't see a 6 game ban for worse in any other league in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

FjWuU1r.png

Absolutely ridiculous. Everything he said was spot on.

If Delaney was a mod on here, Oat23 would probably get 2 consecutive lifetime bans for that pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

overshoot wrote: »
    anyone have a link to the article?

Sorry i thought there were quotes in the link i posted. May have been removed for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

JD has nothing on Saddam. Its a joke.

But one theory on it is Roddy has been pushing the envelope for years now and the FAI finally snapped in this occasion.

One way or other its an utter nonsense. Whatever about the massive (unjust) fine, I do not see why this should incur a touchline ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

it appears your only allowed use vague terms to describe the issues in the LOI... like "problem child"

overshoot wrote: »
    it appears your only allowed use vague terms to describe the issues in the LOI... like "problem child"
    And you musn't confront "teacher" !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Wouldn't be a fan of the Rod but fair play to him for piping up and then standing over his words. I can't imagine his appeal will succeed, call me cynical like that.

As rightly pointed out, this is just going to bring more attention to what he said. I didn't catch those comments the first time round and I don't remember anyone here posting a link to it, along the lines of "Roddy's been having a go" and none of my friends back home who are into the LOI told me about it even though they know I'm removed from the situation and pick up on about 10% of all the goings on back home.

So thanks FAI, your Stalinist instinct has launched the Streisand effect and further boosted The Rod's ego.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Muse and their crew set to play Cabinteely in a friendly game on Monday 4th April. :pac:

Worrying for us now. Losing 4-0 to Bray is about as bad as it gets.
    Won't get any better with cork rolling into town next week and Pats and Dundalk after them.
    I would say Robertson will get time whether he deserves it or not I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Derry moving to Buncrana for a few games later in season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bradford supposedly after Horgan and Gannon off Dundalk as per one of the tabloids today.

Bradford supposedly after Horgan and Gannon off Dundalk as per one of the tabloids today.

Could be a good move for both particularly as Branford may well be a championship side next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Could be a good move for both particularly as Branford may well be a championship side next season.

Could also be a disaster.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Derry City will play their last few home games of the season in Maginn Park, Buncrana. http://www.derrynow.com/sport/the-candy-stripes-are-coming-to-maginn-park/84670

For those who've never been, Buncrana is a nice enough wee town on Lough Swilly with lovely scenery and more than enough pubs on the main street to handle any amount of fans. It's a further 20 minutes from Derry so won't add to your journey times too much. Shamrock Rovers, Bohs and Sligo fans are probably the only ones who'll be affected.

Ya they'll more than triple their weekly wages and have an income for 52 weeks of the year, be part of a full time professional set up/league, have the possibility of playing infornt of 10s of thousands as opposed to thousands or even hundreds that they do now.

Even not getting into the team immediately al a Towell wouldn't be a disaster. Theres a big prize worth working towards and if they fall short there's always the lower leagues/return home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

irish_goat wrote: »
    Derry City will play their last few home games of the season in Maginn Park, Buncrana. http://www.derrynow.com/sport/the-candy-stripes-are-coming-to-maginn-park/84670

For those who've never been, Buncrana is a nice enough wee town on Lough Swilly with lovely scenery and more than enough pubs on the main street to handle any amount of fans. It's a further 20 minutes from Derry so won't add to your journey times too much. Shamrock Rovers, Bohs and Sligo fans are probably the only ones who'll be affected.

"We looked at Institute’s ground at the Riverside but they have a very busy youth club on a Friday night and it probably wouldn’t have suited us to play our games on a Saturday remembered why we play in the league of Ireland in the first place so Maginn Park is the choice," Mr O'Doherty told BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Only for Dundalk

21/25

Personally, I think Gannon would become an International within a season or two, he's good enough but the exposure he'd get would carry him over the line.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

irish_goat wrote: »

Poor Buncrana so. Rovers could leave the town a state by the end of their trip up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Horgan and Gannon would be better off moving this season if the chances arise again. Both players will be 24 and 25 at the end of this season, young enough to still make some good coinage and get a chance to get a call up for the national team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

uch wrote: »
    Personally, I think Gannon would become an International within a season or two, he's good enough but the exposure he'd get would carry him over the line.
    Isn't he a right back? Probably the position we're least in need of cover right now.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Isn't he a right back? Probably the position we're least in need of cover right now.

Exactly but how else would people get a chance to use the phrase "Magic plane".
    Colemans 27 so may well have up to 7 years left at RB. Gannon would probably have to play Champions League proper football to dislodge him. Chrystie has also proven himself.
    Gannon is million miles from the international set up.
    If he goes it'll be for the reasons I've said (bumper wages/crowds/professional development).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

uch wrote: »
    Only for Dundalk

Not necessarily, though they would be a big loss. Barrett and Benson well capable of regular first team football. A few really handy players in the U19 squad Poynton and O'Connor ( who played the 2nd half of last season with Derry on loan) to name two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Can't see Horgan playing in the LOI next season. Can see him playing for a top half League 1 team.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Not necessarily, though they would be a big loss. Barrett and Benson well capable of regular first team football. A few really handy players in the U19 squad Poynton and O'Connor ( who played the 2nd half of last season with Derry on loan) to name two.

THere isn't a full back in the country as good as Gannon, IMO, so regardless of who replaced him it'd be a loss for Dundalk

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Can I ask any St Pats fans here where would be the handiest place to park near Richmond if a lad was to get there an hour before KO?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Sligo Rovers fan here, re parking for St Pats, go behind St. Michaels church go right there is a road there and handy to get parked. Only a min to stadium then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

You can park also on the road that leaves down from Drimnaigh luas stop Thomas Davis St West I think is the name although the option Joeyjj mentioned is easier for away fans. Dont leave anything visible in the car. Sometimes cars have been broken into when matches have being going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

anyone know the price of tickets for Bohs v Rovers tmw night and will it sell out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Muahahaha wrote: »
    anyone know the price of tickets for Bohs v Rovers tmw night and will it sell out?

Tickets are €15. Not sure if it will sell out or not, I think its unlikely but I would get down there early.

http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=231

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Muahahaha wrote: »

€15, no it will not.

In other news, Stephen Elliott to Shels.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

In other news, Stephen Elliott to Shels.

Yup, announced at our Fans' Forum tonight. He moved his family back home last year due to the ill health of his father and has been training with Rovers since January. Waiting on the clearance before he can play! :D

Thought the Elliott thing was a wind up. If he's fit he'll tear up the First Division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Thought the Elliott thing was a wind up. If he's fit he'll tear up the First Division.

Tbh, based on the fact he's joined us, I reckon that if must be a big one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Elliott is finished as a player. Still could grab a goal or 2 in the First.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement