Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The vocabulary skills up the midlands must not be great.
    Midlands? Geography skills down in the south not too hot either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

yawn

Alright dundalkfc10 buddy, where have you been?????

Kenny disappointed with Caulfield's comments. From dundalksport website:

However, speaking after his sides EA Sports Cup win over UCD on Easter Monday, Kenny said that Caulfield's criticism was well off the mark.
    "I didn't criticise the officials,"said the Lilywhites manager. "I referenced the fact that players are manufacturing penalties and that referees need to be more vigilant to it. That was the main point of it.
    "It's not an easy job for referees to do that and it's difficult for them to ascertain that at times. Players are 'creative' in doing it, if I can use that word.
    I think his (Caulfield's) personal attack on me is quite low. As a fellow manager you should never launch personal attacks like that and that's disappointing," he added.
    https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-kenny-hits-back-at-cork-city-boss-29030b2126f2

June 2nd in Oriel Park is going to be INTENSE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Is Kenny starting to suffer from persecution complex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lol. And some will defend Kenny now.

Its clear as day what he said last week. Now he is already backtracking and laying blame elsewhere. Good man, keep it up.

• Advertisement

Is there something wrong with Kenny like emotionally, or mentally? I know its nothing to joke about but what else can explain such a bizarre week for him?

CHealy wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with Kenny like emotionally, or mentally? I know its nothing to joke about but what else can explain such a bizarre week for him?
    That's no way to be talking about the best manager in the league. Have some respect for the King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Personal attack? Did JC even mention Kennys name once?

Its all a bit

1tMWt4cjqC0aknVZpfPsoPn6xHlmNiB3.jpg?20160323143409

Good manager or not, that's surprisingly stupid by Kenny. It just suggests he doesn't know what a personal attack is. Caulfield didn't get personal at all, he spoke exclusively about what Kenny said rather than the man himself. It wasn't ad hominem or abusive or insulting in any way. His employers should talk to him and tell him he's a fine manager, but it's time to drop this one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If Kenny has a problem with people talking about what he said, he should simply not be making the comments he did. Plain and simple. He's clearly feeling the pressure.

• Advertisement

I think he is trying mind games and when JC didn't get involved he simply tried to dig a bit more at it. Essentially he lost his own mind game imo.

What gets me though is he says he tells his players be honest, clearly implying that all the other managers tell their players to be dishonest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Truly bizarre comments from Kenny, I could say a lot about them but I'm more genuinely interested what Dundalk fans think. The league is far from over so god knows why he's lost his head lately.

Plus he got decent squad, he good managet and its still very early days. They are more then capable of winning the league again.

As Cork fan its good news though.

Am I right in thinking the last time Cork won 8 games on the bounce at the start of the season,like Sligo Rovers in 2013, they failed to win the league?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

red sean wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking the last time Cork won 8 games on the bounce at the start of the season,like Sligo Rovers in 2013, they failed to win the league?

Doesn't matter, because we've actually won 9 on the trot this season :)

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, because we've actually won 9 on the trot this season :)
    Fair enough, but still doesn't answer my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

red sean wrote: »
    Fair enough, but still doesn't answer my question.

yeah 98/99 season they finished second.
    Only one team have bottled it after wining first 9 or more though and that was Rovers in 65/65. Typical :rolleyes:

If they're a downside to 9 from 9 is that if we dont win league now it will be considered bottling it.

Which would be hard to argue against. The problem for Cork is if we lose Maguire or he gets injured we might be in spot of bother.

Keep him and he stays fit for most part and I be confident of holding onto the early lead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

It's still possible to **** it up if you try really hard. Sligo Rovers 2013 say hello.

• Advertisement

If they're a downside to 9 from 9 is that if we dont win league now it will be considered bottling it.

Which would be hard to argue against. The problem for Cork is if we lose Maguire or he gets injured we might be in spot of bother.

Keep him and he stays fit for most part and I be confident of holding onto the early lead

While losing McGuire will be a massive loss, there are goals coming from elsewhere. Shepard has really stood up, while Garry Buckley is scoring from midfield too. Dooley is always ok for a few too.

It would be a massive set back, but I have faith in the others to step up even further when he does go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Alls good, New season into 1/4 final League Cup, 2nd in League with loads to play for, Champions League Qualifier(s) to look forward too, Cork fans losing their **** over Kenny's comments (when Caulfield has done similar/worse last few years)

gimmick wrote: »
    While losing McGuire will be a massive loss, there are goals coming from elsewhere. Shepard has really stood up, while Garry Buckley is scoring from midfield too. Dooley is always ok for a few too.

It would be a massive set back, but I have faith in the others to step up even further when he does go.

Losing McGuire wont be half the loss losing Maguire would be

Cork fans losing their **** over Kenny's comments (when Caulfield has done similar/worse last few years)

:pac: We Are ENJOYING Kenny mouthing off, showing himself up, long may it continue I say!

Losing our shi!e?

More like loving it. I hope he carries on.

Patww79 wrote: »
    It's not as if there's a challenger anyway. It's 9 from 9 and with all the other side's ranging from average to rubbish. It's a done deal even this early on.

Ah yes the good ol 'preparation' post with no 'challenger' and which will make things seem a lot worse if City don't win it. Good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Corholio wrote: »
    Ah yes the good ol 'preparation' post with no 'challenger' and which will make things seem a lot worse if City don't win it. Good one.

In a way he's right, out of last seasons top four only Cork look the part this season. While Cork will drop points I can't see any of the remaining teams getting their act together enough to even pose a threat to Cork this season. Stephen Kenny seems more interested in have spats with Caulfield in the media and Dundalk seem to feeling the affects of losing Boyle and Horgan this season, Derry unfortunately seem to be a team that are mentally broken which is understandable and Shamrock Rovers have Steven Bradley in charge whose very inexperienced and still only learning the trade.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    :pac: We Are ENJOYING Kenny mouthing off, showing himself up, long may it continue I say!

https://www.fm104.ie/sport/caulfield-says-ref-crucial-in-dundalk-clash/

"Dundalk go into the game one point clear of tonight's opponents with six matches left to play in the season.

"We know there's a lot of pressure up there (Oriel Park) and they put the referees under massive pressure and they have a number of players that are good at that," said Caulfield."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/0727/717436-caulfield-disappointed-by-referee-decisions/

Yes only Kenny gives out about Referee's!

Pity your fans never put as much effort into saving your club (the many times you died) as you are at posting Kenny comments every day.

Pity your fans never put as much effort into saving your club (the many times you died) as you are at posting Kenny comments every day.

I always know how much we've gotten to a fella when he starts bringing up how many clubs Cork have had, try and be original the next time or else take a break champ.

• Advertisement

Kenny dug his own hole for that I'm afraid with his ridiculous comments. Luckily not all Dundalk fans are as petty as you on here. Is the club 'dying' thing the best you could come up with? You spend enough time on the City forum anyway, surely could come up with something better.

:D

"Dundalk go into the game one point clear of tonight's opponents with six matches left to play in the season.

"We know there's a lot of pressure up there (Oriel Park) and they put the referees under massive pressure and they have a number of players that are good at that," said Caulfield."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/0727/717436-caulfield-disappointed-by-referee-decisions/

dundalkfc10.....like the gift that keeps on giving:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Rattled :D

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

Rarely? That's quite the exaggeration right there. Also, address whatever individual poster not collate whole sets of fans into some crazy opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Na I know all about dundalkfc10, he's not holding any fishing rod.

Actually I was wrong, it was you holding the fishing rod. Can you two get a room or something? The constant bickering is worse than Liverpool and Man U fans.

So Cork fans find it ok for Caulfield to claim Dundalk influence referees (link in last post) but when Kenny claims it it's out of order

Bitter bunch down in Cork

So Cork fans find it ok for Caulfield to claim Dundalk influence referees (link in last post) but when Kenny claims it it's out of order

Kenny said a hell of a lot more than that. The article is there, read it.

It's getting pretty silly now though. I'd be surprised if a lot of Dundalk fans weren't at least a bit disappointed/embarrassed/taken back by what Kenny said. I say that as someone who never found too much problem with him at all. The league is far from over and Dundalk will still win a fair number of games, that's why it was just strange to say what he did.

Kenny tells his players to be honest......unlike every other manager, especially Caulfield, apparently:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Caulfield never said what Kenny said.

Not defending Caulfield either, just its not the same.

Best move on for rest of LOI lads

So will it be this week or next the Cork bottle job begins?

We will put a Cork on it.

Pats, no matter where they are in the table, has always been a tough game. Bray after that as well, 2 tricky games. There will be losses and draws I'm sure, how the team responds to those could be the real making of the team.

Pats, no matter where they are in the table, has always been a tough game. Bray after that as well, 2 tricky games. There will be losses and draws I'm sure, how the team responds to those could be the real making of the team.

I be happy to get 4 points, from those 2 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Quite simply its hard to see us being good enough to beat ye on Friday. Even if we played to our very best like we did against Bohs its still going to be a big struggle for us. Hopefully Fagan will be back for us, that would be a big boost.

Look around you.

No other supporter, not of Dundalk, not of any club, is as determined to just troll for a reaction.

It's delightfully amusing.

kksaints wrote: »
    Quite simply its hard to see us being good enough to beat ye on Friday. Even if we played to our very best like we did against Bohs its still going to be a big struggle for us. Hopefully Fagan will be back for us, that would be a big boost.

We've been brutal on our two away trips to Dublin so far, dubious penalty up at Shamrock and if Bohs could finish they would have got a few against us last week, we are due a good away showing hopefully its tomorrow otherwise Pats have every chance of winning it.

City have only played really well in two 45 minute periods so far this season IMO, 1st half against Dundalk and the second half against Derry, if we can bring that level up a bit we'll surely go on and win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

We've been brutal on our two away trips to Dublin so far, dubious penalty up at Shamrock and if Bohs could finish they would have got a few against us last week, we are due a good away showing hopefully its tomorrow otherwise Pats have every chance of winning it.

City have only played really well in two 45 minute periods so far this season IMO, 1st half against Dundalk and the second half against Derry, if we can bring that level up a bit we'll surely go on and win it.

You weren't in Limerick then? Although, how much of that was Limerick being poor is debatable.

You weren't in Limerick then? Although, how much of that was Limerick being poor is debatable.

I was there, it was a training match doesnt count. ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement