Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumours, Gossip, Transfers etc 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Wilberto wrote: »
    I got the joke anyway so don't worry! :pac: :)

So did I but I thought it would be more fun not to tell him:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    So did I but I thought it would be more fun not to tell him:)

Whoops, sorry. I didn't get that memo! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Drogs were rubbish last night, worst team I've even seen play in turner's cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

nice interview with wes charles , great servant for us

http://www.the42.ie/wesley-charles-league-of-ireland-3401601-May2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Rovers and Galway fans joined together to sing anti Delaney and fai chants at the game tonight once they heard Delaney was there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Pat O'Sullivan looking like a rich Texan in the oil business on Soccer Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Rovers and Galway fans joined together to sing anti Delaney and fai chants at the game tonight once they heard Delaney was there.

Fines for Galway, Rovers and Shels so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Just saw on balls.ie that Athlone Town's stadium was broken into over the weekend and some money was stolen and a lot of files were ransacked. That seems.. unfortunate..

https://www.balls.ie/football/athlone-town-2-365622

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yeah absolute nightmare for Athlone, especially with the current investigations ongoing they need those files more than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Jesus, I know that those in charge of Athlone seem like they haven't got a clue but surely they can't be that stupid? Surely?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Patww79 wrote: »
    Did RTE and Eir pull out of the TV deal for the league? Haven't seen a live game on either in ages, nothing tonight either.

RTE are showing Dundalk vs Cork next weekend and EIR have the Cork vs Limerick game after the summer break. I'd say we'll see weekly live games once the summer breaks over and EIR will more than likely show some of the European games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Conor Grant heading to Hillsborough. Anyone know owt about him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Seamus Sharkey signed for Sligo rovers today. Any Derry or Limerick fans know anything about him?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Yet another impressive win for city in front of over 5k. Rovers certainly played well enough but the sending off at the start of the second half certainly changed things,. I was confident we would have gotten the win at HT but every little helps, totally deserved red and there were quite a few ott/bad tackles by rovers in the game I thought.

Great to give the away fans ( good crowd of them) a bit of hope and something to sing about and then hammer them 4-1 , I always enjoy beating rovers, there really is something extra special about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thought Cork City were poor for lot of tonight. 4-1 was not a fair reflection on the game in my opinion, and Rovers played better with 10 men.

Could have been 2-1 for them before we took lead with same score, but have to say either we were excellent at Set Pieces or Shamrock Rovers were shocking at them. Bit of both I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

New contract for Bradley please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Trevor Clarke suppose to have scored a cracker.

Very good young player.

MD1990 wrote: »

Very good young player.

Played well and fairly cracked in his goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was great goal and he was super tonight.

But Morrissery goal was a 25 yard thunderbolt.

Both goals will be contenders for GOTM

• Advertisement

Very good young player.

He was excellent. Dangerous every time with the ball. Excellent goal too. Your number 3, Byrne I think, was very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

City care certainly in song. Probably crack the league record for goals if they keep scoring at this rate. amazing really

Also amazing at the other end of the table are Finn Harps. 6 goals in two matches (admittedly at home) is extraordinary. And after losing to a last minute goal last Friday as well. They would walk on hot coals for Ollie.

What's it with Bohs? 7 points at home and 12 away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

Was great goal and he was super tonight.

But Morrissery goal was a 25 yard thunderbolt.

Both goals will be contenders for GOTM
    2 in donegal as well. Huge pinpoint crossfield ball to McAleer in the corner, first touch he sent it across the box to the feet of Morrisey to slam in.
    McAleer added the third himself with a lovely dipping shot from the edge of the box.

The thought of him and Millien on the wings, McCourt/Houston/Molloy/Bonner in the centre after the break :D

edit: ps Joey, we had picked up more points away from home this year until this week! Injury crisis slowly coming to an end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

joeysoap wrote: »
    City care certainly in song. Probably crack the league record for goals if they keep scoring at this rate. amazing really

Also amazing at the other end of the table are Finn Harps. 6 goals in two matches (admittedly at home) is extraordinary. And after losing to a last minute penalty last Friday as well. They would walk on hot coals for Ollie.

What's it with Bohs? 7 points at home and 12 away :)
    Maybe they are practicing for that period of time when they won't be playing at Dalymount while it is being redeveloped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

overshoot wrote: »
    2 in donegal as well. Huge pinpoint crossfield ball to McAleer in the corner, first touch he sent it across the box to the feet of Morrisey to slam in.
    McAleer added the third himself with a lovely dipping shot from the edge of the box.

The thought of him and Millien on the wings, McCourt/Houston/Molloy/Bonner in the centre after the break :D

edit: ps Joey, we had picked up more points away from home this year until this week! Injury crisis slowly coming to an end!
    Morrissey is a serious talent if he stays fit and takes it seriously. How did he get sent off? It's not something you'd expect from him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Morrissey is a serious talent if he stays fit and takes it seriously. How did he get sent off? It's not something you'd expect from him!

Apparently a seriously bad tackle on Paul O'Connor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

I didn't see the actual contact as it was too near the touchline and heads in the way but it was a definitely a late challenge. He had run his socks off and was definitely tiring. Chatting to anyone who did see the contact seemed to think a yellow max.
    3 goals and an assist in 2 games so he's finding form after his injury. When both fit, O'Connor had mostly head the lead striker role until now which would explain the lack of goals. He's looked much better up top.

Wexford fans - Thoughts on Ryan Delaney? Since coming to Cork City on loan he has been brilliant. Very assured in almost everything he does and a knack for scoring as well. Was he that good with you lot or was he snatched before making the first team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

gimmick wrote:
    Wexford fans - Thoughts on Ryan Delaney? Since coming to Cork City on loan he has been brilliant. Very assured in almost everything he does and a knack for scoring as well. Was he that good with you lot or was he snatched before making the first team?

Excellent player, great attitude. Was a key player in our title winning side in 2015. Went to Burton but never given a run. With the confidence gained at Cork, he may want to try again at Burton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Excellent player, great attitude. Was a key player in our title winning side in 2015. Went to Burton but never given a run. With the confidence gained at Cork, he may want to try again at Burton

I thought Burton were looking to off load him and wanted Cork to buy rather than loan again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    I thought Burton were looking to off load him and wanted Cork to buy rather than loan again

Talk are currently ongoing for a permanent move I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

CHealy wrote: »
    Talk are currently ongoing for a permanent move I believe.

Heard that Maguire is signing for Preston before end of June and Caulfield has three players lined up to come over from England. Didn't hear if they were loans or permanent.

Pretty shrewd by Caulfield to strengthen and not taking any chances of Dundalk pulling off a come back no matter how remote the chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Cape Clear wrote: »

Good input...:pac:

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Good input...:pac:

The lads in Abbotts town would want to give it a bit of a clean as it may be needed shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Very good young player.

Great goal indeed, but what was he thinking of with his "celebration". Very stupid and inflammatory, goading the Shed with his antics. Players seem to get yellow cards for so many things these days that I'm very surprised the ref didn't book him.

I noticed he was a much more subdued boy when he left the field :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Great goal indeed, but what was he thinking of with his "celebration". Very stupid and inflammatory, goading the Shed with his antics. Players seem to get yellow cards for so many things these days that I'm very surprised the ref didn't book him.

I noticed he was a much more subdued boy when he left the field :D

I think it was just more silly to do when it was such an early goal, so much time left for it to be thrown back in your face, which is what happened.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

gimmick wrote: »
    He was excellent. Dangerous every time with the ball. Excellent goal too. Your number 3, Byrne I think, was very good too.

Clarke was playing left back until Byrne came back in. He's a lot freer now to go forward and get goals. He'll beat most full backs in the league as he prepared to take them on with the ball and beat them with pace on the outside.

Genuine wingers can run riot against full backs here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

The lads a great bit of bit of stuff.....hope we can hold on to him.....and ive seen Cork lads giving it loads before after scoring...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Anything to the rumours of unpaid wages in Bray? Or just the Loi rumour mill in full swing.

• Advertisement

Anything to the rumours of unpaid wages in Bray? Or just the Loi rumour mill in full swing.

"Clerical error" and were paid yesterday rather than Monday is what I've heard.

We can give them the benefit of the doubt this once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

"Clerical error" and were paid yesterday rather than Monday is what I've heard.

We can give them the benefit of the doubt this once.

yeah all sorted , a couple of years ago under the previous regime we were looking under the sofa cushions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shamrock Rovers vs Celtic announced for July. This guy won't know what to do with himself.

hqdefault.jpg

Do Irish people still support Celtic as much as they used to in the late 90s, early 2000s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Omackeral wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers vs Celtic announced for July. This guy won't know what to do with himself.

At least everyone will be wearing green & white so I can pretend the majority are supporting the Irish side, not the British one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Do Irish people still support Celtic as much as they used to in the late 90s, early 2000s?

Given I got called a "self-hating Irishman" for making fun of them in AH a few months ago, they must still have quite a few passionate supporters in Ireland.

Given I got called a "self-hating Irishman" for making fun of them in AH a few months ago, they must still have quite a few passionate supporters in Ireland.

Still popular among the no foreign games brigade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Yeah but most have never been to a live match in their life

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Oat23 wrote: »
    At least everyone will be wearing green & white so I can pretend the majority are supporting the Irish side, not the British one.
    Cape Clear wrote: »
    Still popular among the no foreign games brigade
    uch wrote: »
    Yeah but most have never been to a live match in their life

Ah come on lads, please don't turn the LOI Talk thread into an anti-Celtic thread :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Omackeral wrote: »

hqdefault.jpg

He can see his favourite player 'your man in the green and white shirt' no matter who wears their home kit!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement