Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

18 with 4 to play. Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

33 after baps with Kane and Lukaku to go. Looks like I may get another green barring a Spurs cleanie, H2Hs are still up for grabs after that Yaya goal. How Rambo missed that chance from Ozil, I'll never know but sounds like I got mighty lucky as a non-Mahrez captainer non- Vardy owner

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

bohsman wrote: »
    Sigh, forgot to save my team a couple of days ago from last GW, doesn't change much, Cresswell would still have been benched. Simpson and Mahrez would have played instead of Ward and Alli, hopefully doesn't hurt me too much.

Could have been worse, 23 points with 6 still to play. Cresswell and Simpson cleanies make for painful viewing on the bench though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭qwabercd

29 from 7, Koscielny saving me. Down to the wire in my cup game which is what I'm focussing on now, 3 ahead with his 2 palace defenders left versus my 1 palace defender and kane. A kane blank and Palace CS would probably see me lose out by a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

19 with 4 to play. Due a bad week so won't complain too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

35pts from 9, (thanks Sergio) with Lukaku and Kane to go

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

43 with 3 to go - I seem to get most things to go my way this week

Captained Aguero and benched Mahrez

Courtois, Del Boy and Lukaku to go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dempsey wrote: »
    Or Pellegrini is willing to risk him again because he's losing. If ManC were winning or drawing, Aguero would have been off @ 60mins imo

Pellegrini had said he'd play the 90.

Edit. Catching up the thread I see Lemlin beat me to it. :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

FHFC wrote: »
    Pellegrini had said he'd play the 90.

Well, to be pedantic, he only played 86 :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

18 with Lukaku, Kane, Alli and Zouma to play. A day which couldn't have possibly gone any worse. Will likely see a huge drop back from 16k tonight, undoing all the last 4 or 5 weeks good work.

Sickening.

• Advertisement

36 from 8. Lukaku, Courtois and Kane to play.

Fffix predicting another nice green, not huge captain %s for Harry and Rom so should stay green for the week.

Evans and Aguero the heros. Remains to be seen whether benching Toby and Alli will sting me.

Btw. Well done Aguero captainers. Woulda been sweet. He was the punt I'd have fancied after Theo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

disaster this week played all out attack and let down badly.

21 points with azpi, courtois, lukaku and alli to play.

Need chelsea to keep a clean sheet and big score from big rom. Not hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Just seen that Cresswell picked up the 3bps so I'll finish on 35 from 8 and a predicted rise of 100k to 667k, I'm after making up some of the ground I lost with a shocker last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

34 with Hennessey, Lukaku and Kane to go. Delighted with that after 9 horrid gameweeks of red arrows.

As I've said time and time again on here, Aguero will be the key for me between now and the end of the season. It'll be an armband on him almost every week from here on in I think. His fixtures between now and the end of the season are superb. I just hope people are reluctant to bring him in. The common argument in my main private leagues is that he's too expensive and for the whole of this season up until now that was correct, but that changes now IMO. I just hope that opinion from others doesn't change with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

24 with Toby, Kane and Lukaku to go :( was going well with 2 weeks of green arrows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

OH. Surprised to see a green arrow. Up about 10k places on 31(-4). Those extra BPs for Sagna seem to make the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Paully D wrote: »
    34 with Hennessey, Lukaku and Kane to go. Delighted with that after 9 horrid gameweeks of red arrows.

As I've said time and time again on here, Aguero will be the key for me between now and the end of the season. It'll be an armband on him almost every week from here on in I think. His fixtures between now and the end of the season are superb. I just hope people are reluctant to bring him in. The common argument in my main private leagues is that he's too expensive and for the whole of this season up until now that was correct, but that changes now IMO. I just hope that opinion from others doesn't change with it.

His fixtures are pretty much the same as in first half of the season :)

I will sit for another week and see how it goes.

Need to watch the highlights, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

41 with Kane, Alli, Alderviereld and Lukaku to go

Best GW for a long time. The less people that bring back in Aguero the better

• Registered Users Posts: 48,206 ✭✭✭✭km79

Paully D wrote: »

I'm in a good position but am seriously contemplating a wildcard to get him in
    Kane's next few fixtures are really good though and will have ighalo as 3rd striker so would mean selling lukaku!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Disaster of a week for me. 18 from 7, hopefully Kane or Lukaku will do me a solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Not confident at all heading into this gameweek.

Well, my fears for this gameweek proved to be well founded. 29 points. Aguero and Bellerin the highlights. Doubling up on Pulisball wasn't too far away from paying off either. Lukaku, Kane and Dier to go.

Surprisingly, I have a green arrow, up to 302k. Narrow margins this week. Could easily turn into a red this time tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,206 ✭✭✭✭km79

small green arrow
    no major damage done
    Kane still a differential lukaku not so much
    really need spurs and palace to concede
    which is bizarre considering Chelsea are playing but they will have no effect on me !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Set up a draft league with some friends that started this week. My team got 66pts with a gw rank of 1k. That'd be my highest gw rank ever although all my players have played. I've Wolly to sub in. My main team did crap with 23 pts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

km79 wrote: »
    small green arrow
    no major damage done
    Kane still a differential lukaku not so much
    really need spurs and palace to concede
    which is bizarre considering Chelsea are playing but they will have no effect on me !
    21 gives a red arrow and worst gameweek position of the season, small margins , 2.5 million, 3 to play, barring a miracle out of the cup, 2 players sent off (thankfully on the bench)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Well, my fears for this gameweek proved to be well founded. 29 points. Aguero and Bellerin the highlights. Doubling up on Pulisball wasn't too far away from paying off either. Lukaku, Kane and Dier to go.

Surprisingly, I have a green arrow, up to 302k. Narrow margins this week. Could easily turn into a red this time tomorrow evening.

What was it that you weren't confident about that proved to be well founded! A green arrow, 4 points more than the 10k average and one player more to go is a dam good spot to be in on a Saturday night! Given you have Lukaku and Kane a red arrow tomorrow seems unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

jimmii wrote: »
    What was it that you weren't confident about that proved to be well founded! A green arrow, 4 points more than the 10k average and one player more to go is a dam good spot to be in on a Saturday night! Given you have Lukaku and Kane a red arrow tomorrow seems unlikely.

I wasn't confident of scoring a lot of points. Which, so far, has turned out to be true! That doesn't mean I'm not happy with my score though. It's a green arrow which is always a good thing.

Who knows what tomorrow could bring. Red cards for Kane and Lukaku and an og for Dier. :pac:
    A scoreless draw in the Chelsea game would be a bad thing for those of us who have no involvement in that game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I wasn't confident of scoring a lot of points. Which, so far, has turned out to be true! That doesn't mean I'm not happy with my score though. It's a green arrow which is always a good thing.

Who knows what tomorrow could bring. Red cards for Kane and Lukaku and an og for Dier. :pac:
    A scoreless draw in the Chelsea game would be a bad thing for those of us who have no involvement in that game too.

Points are overrated! I have Hennessy I'll happily take 0-0 thanks! I have Lloris on the bench so if Spurs keep a cs and Chelsea find some form I'll be sickened I'm not feeling confident at all (I'll see if I can get that to work for me too!)

Whoda thunk that 730k would feel pretty good.

You don't know what you got till it's gone as yer wan says.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

19 with Barkley Kane and Lukaku to go :(

Managed to stop the Ozil and Igalho form by getting them in, sorry lads :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,148 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

32 points with Lukaku and Dier to go.
    Good or bad, it's a nothing week when the spread is so small.

Advertisement