Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appauling behaviour

Options
  • 02-01-2016 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=943797319042328&id=100002362071504&_rdr

These frightening scenes were captured outside a certain establishment in our fine city on new years eve 2015. One wonders where such creatins are recruited from? Mercenaries for hire? Our town has serious issues with alcohol abuse, safety and security are no longer guaranteed on saturday night at the john street area in particular. What kind of a message does this display to tourists??

Both sides are in the wrong, but to have not a care to stamp on a defenceless mans head and have the audicity to look around before doing so, in full view of a camera is truely shocking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Not for a second defending the actions of security staff but I was reminded over the Christmas of the absolute mentallers and drunk arseholes that bouncers have to deal with regularly and don't envy their job for a minute. You need to be of a certain disposition to deal with clientele like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Sky King wrote: »
    Not for a second defending the actions of security staff but I was reminded over the Christmas of the absolute mentallers and drunk arseholes that bouncers have to deal with regularly and don't envy their job for a minute. You need to be of a certain disposition to deal with clientele like that.

But one doesn't have someone on the ground shouting at said person as if that will improve the situation, then to have another stamp on the person's head.
    If the person on the ground had done something wrong - which we do not know, this is not how one deals with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Is there a full version of the video? I always feel that when we see a clip like this that the shortened versions raise more questions than answers.

Regardless it seems that action has been taken by the establishment in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

The bouncer who stood on the lads head has no excuse for his actions regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So no video until after the lad has done what he did?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Is there a full version of the video? I always feel that when we see a clip like this that the shortened versions raise more questions than answers.

That doesn't really matter one boncer had the lad on the ground the other lad had no reason to go over and stand on his head. I worked on the doors in carlow & kilkenny for a few years and it's a hard job but that was just been a thug.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Irish independent stating that the pub have reported the men to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Can someone explain how it is that the person credited with the video is 'Joe Maher' and when you do a search of the name of the security companies directors one comes up as 'Joe Maher'....

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/watch-wellknown-pub-reports-own-bouncer-to-gardai-after-footage-of-headstamping-incident-emerges-34330396.html

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Tiger-Security-Limited-543488

Coincidence or something sinister?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

The 2 Directors are Kevin Maher & Sam(antha) Lacey.

The Partial Address has a Joe Maher on it; has to be a typo on part of Solocheck surely?

It's Kevins name should be there....

Totally different & unrelated Joe Maher either way > https://www.facebook.com/joe.maher.319?pnref=story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Doesn't matter what the lad did, you don't stand on anybodies head.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

RobertKK wrote: »
    But one doesn't have someone on the ground shouting at said person as if that will improve the situation, then to have another stamp on the person's head.
    If the person on the ground had done something wrong - which we do not know, this is not how one deals with it.

It completely depends on what happened before.

If someone was to start attacking a bouncer, then restraint is absolutely the way forward. That man was shouting but he was holding him on the ground and there appears to be no punches thrown while he is being restrained.

The guy stamping on his head though, that's bang out of order no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wonder what the guy on the ground did to the "foot guy"? Standing on his head is thuggish, but it looked like he was smearing something onto the blokes head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

No issue with the bouncer that had him on the ground....should have been able to handle it better but not to much wrong with that
    What the other bouncer did was like spitting in someone's face,it hardly caused too much damage but it was sly and scummy....would be great if bouncers had go pros on them for the night to protect themselves...it would certainly be interesting to have as a response
    Unfortunately Kilkenny and the clientele that visits is being cheapened by stag/hen night operators such as lannigans ,pic fada and heard weather spoons might be buying hendersons on the parade good help us all

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

My favorite part is where the bouncer looks around to see if anyones watching then goes for the sly stamp. should've gone to specsavers.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Bowlardo wrote: »
    No issue with the bouncer that had him on the ground....should have been able to handle it better but not to much wrong with that
    What the other bouncer did was like spitting in someone's face,it hardly caused too much damage but it was sly and scummy....would be great if bouncers had go pros on them for the night to protect themselves...it would certainly be interesting to have as a response
    Unfortunately Kilkenny and the clientele that visits is being cheapened by stag/hen night operators such as lannigans ,pic fada and heard weather spoons might be buying hendersons on the parade good help us all

I know some of the bouncers in Langtons have some form of camera as part of their head gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Does the bouncer,who is restraining the guy on the ground,not clearly say to him "Spit at him again and i'll" etc etc?.Looks to me like the bouncer who was spat at by this individual was rubbing the spit in his face on the ground.
    Sure,rubbing the spit into the guys face with his foot was bang out of order but I can understand his anger.I don't think he would be alone in that response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭mulbot

fran17 wrote: »
    Does the bouncer,who is restraining the guy on the ground,not clearly say to him "Spit at him again and i'll" etc etc?.Looks to me like the bouncer who was spat at by this individual was rubbing the spit in his face on the ground.
    Sure,rubbing the spit into the guys face with his foot was bang out of order but I can understand his anger.I don't think he would be alone in that response.

My brother worked doors for 4 years,he told me that alot of bouncers use that "shouting warnings at the guy in restraint" as an excuse to get a few digs,slaps in for no reason at all- kind of covering themselves just so any witnesses can say they heard the bouncers giving repeated warnings etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

mulbot wrote: »
    My brother worked doors for 4 years,he told me that alot of bouncers use that "shouting warnings at the guy in restraint" as an excuse to get a few digs,slaps in for no reason at all- kind of covering themselves just so any witnesses can say they heard the bouncers giving repeated warnings etc

Oh absolutely,no doubt all kind of shenanigans go on in those situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Don't think Wetherspoons is that kind of pub. In the late 80s/early 90s there were plenty of shenanigans inside and outside of Hendersons. It's current incarnation is a pale shadow of its former self.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

thats a lie.

• Advertisement

thats a lie.

Eh what????? Where's the lie here?

Eh what????? Where's the lie here?

that you shout warning so you can get in digs, that is a lie

that you shout warning so you can get in digs, that is a lie

So you can speak for all actions of all doormen,everywhere?

So you can speak for all actions of all doormen,everywhere?

As much as your brother can

As much as your brother can

He isn't speaking for all doormen,but you seem to be seeing as you can state it's a lie.He didn't say all doormen do it,he, as I wrote said a lot of bouncers do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

This is empirical evidence that Neanderthals still exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Bouncer should get community service or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Bouncer should get community service or something.
    we could build a Kilkenny GAA football team around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

The guy who stamped on his head.....100%....he deserved to be sacked, but the other guy....yes he was shouting but not one punch was thrown, and I know he's a good doorman. That clip is a few seconds of over an hour of abuse where bouncers were spat at, a female staff member was punched, doors were kicked etc......it amazes me that the few seconds shown can get such a reaction on social media (not here....on Facebook).......the reaction on Facebook was like a witch hunt where the vast majority hadn't a clue as to the full story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Like I said before I use to bonce and know what it's like to be spat at called names followed back to the car after work. The boncer that was holding the lad on the ground was fine in my eyes never hit him. The second he had no right to interfere in it. No matter what happen inside the pub he left the door into the street and stood on someone head he should be charged. I feel sorry for the first boncer

Advertisement