Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp duty?

• 02-01-2016 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

I thought from 1st of Jan stamp duty on debit cards was replaced by the 12c ATM fee?

PTSB just charged me €5 x2 for 2 cards (4/1/16).... I wasn't expecting this. Is it some error on PTSB end? Maybe it's automated and they forgot to turn it off :)

Or is it that I won't pay stamp duty from 2017?
    Confused

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Delta2113

This was always charged in arrears so this charge is actually for 2015. Next time it will be the 12 cent per ATM cash withdrawal.

Just make sure that on both cards you actually used the ATM and POS facility. If you only used say the POS facility on one card you should only pay €2.50.

PTSB billed me wrongly last year as I never used the ATM facility on my Visa Debit card -eventually after a few e-mails and a few phone calls they refunded me the €2.50.

I would keep tabs on the new 12 cent charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

PTSB have updated their terms and conditions as below.

As and from January 1st 2016, usage of your card will incur a government charge of €0.12 per ATM transaction capped at €2.50 (ATM Facility) or €5.00 (ATM & Debit Card Facility) per annum per card and will be charged to your account for each Card issued on your Account.

Advertisement