Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setlist ideas - modern songs

• 02-01-2016 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Our band have been offered a largish gig with a crowd mostly in their 20s.
    We play covers with the core of our setlist being classic rock, blues, rock'n'roll, and our current setlist probably won't work too well.

We need to come up with a handful of more modern songs that we can throw in that would work well live, and aren't too tricky to learn.
    Does anyone have any recommendations?
    So far we've got:
    Get Lucky
    Can't Feel My Face
    Uptown Funk
    Wake Me Up
    Moves Like Jagger

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Joebags

Don't want to fight - Alabama Shakes

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jabrantl

Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon goes over pretty well for us. Also Happy by Pharrell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

jabrantl wrote: »
    Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon goes over pretty well for us. Also Happy by Pharrell.

Shut Up and Dance is a great one - I hadn't thought of that, but it would work really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jabrantl

It really does - proper floor filler. Another few tunes to point you in the direction of:
    - James Bay: Hold Back the River
    - George Ezra: Budapest
    - Goats Don't Shave: Hills of Donegal (just have your guitar player cover the fiddle parts :D)

..Plus your standard Proud Mary, Brown Eyed Girl, I Useta Lover, My Girl, Higher and Higher sort of caper.

Advertisement