Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOX SPOTTED IN BROMPTON

Options
  • 02-01-2016 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Heading off to bed on New Years eve about 1pm, I spotted a fox wandering up Brompton Lawn in direction of Roselawn Road. First time I've heard of foxes in the area. Any one else spotted one in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yes, very frequently at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

Yeah plenty of them around.... coming from canal area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

I used to see them regular coming out of the park after midnight, heading down lanes and up in Laurel Lodge, good few hedgehogs as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Fuseman

My chickens can testify to plenty of foxes in the area. In the past some of my chickens have contributed to the healthy weight of the foxes too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

theres plenty along the canal. they can access it on Brompton green badgers too I've heard but not seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I was out Canvassing last week in Auburn avenue. and photographed a fox that seemed to be living in the hedges between Brigid's and the motorway.

It was heading in the direction of Phoenix avenue in Castleknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Kimmage/walkinstown seems to have a large fox population. There's a few around inchicore and thomas st too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

and photographed a fox that seemed to be living in the hedges between Brigid's and the motorway.

Very des-res! Nearby shop, train station, QBC, trendy Castleknock village. One very discerning canine!

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Very des-res! Nearby shop, train station, QBC, trendy Castleknock village. One very discerning canine!

Apparently it will only accept the left overs of a peppered fillet of steak :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RupertsHabit

Have seen them more than once at the blanch center.
    Even saw one not long ago in the city center, not far from leeson st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

I've seen foxes wondering around Central London! They are actually everywhere, its because they live in burrows and emerge at night that people don't notice them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Elemonator wrote: »
    I've seen foxes wondering around Central London! They are actually everywhere, its because they live in burrows and emerge at night that people don't notice them.

I know we're getting way off the Dublin 15 track but the strangest place I saw one was in broad daylight strolling down the path beside the Radisson Blu hotel at the back of Dublin Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I often walk my dog after dark around Pecks Lane/Deerpark and nearly always see foxes. I love to see them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

See one meet its maker on the N3 outbound just before the main off-ramp at the back of the Garda station last week. I'd say the car was not unscathed either. Lovely creatures.

dodzy wrote: »
    See one meet its maker on the N3 outbound just before the main off-ramp at the back of the Garda station last week. I'd say the car was not unscathed either. Lovely creatures.

Yea they are impressive. Too many are being hunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

I regularly see two of them together around Delwood Lawn. They're usually heading towards the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Here's a site with the life cycle of the fox

http://www.thefoxwebsite.net/ecology/ecologylifecycle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

We've a family of them beside us in Riverwood (Carpenterstown)- they'll often come out late at night when it's quietened down. We have a family of badgers as well, but I've personally never seen them. We live beside the canal, so plenty of places for them to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

I also saw two foxes early one morning, this was around Clonsilla not too far from the canal. First I thought they were dogs (it was dark still), but then I noticed the tails. Seen them a few times since, a nice experience for a 'city' dweller like me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement