Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantitative Business/ Economics and Finance!

Options
  • 02-01-2016 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi everyone!

So this is a course I'm really interested in and doing some research on to begin next year. I have a few questions though if anyone who has done/ doing the course can help me out!

Firstly, if I select no preference between business analytics and economics and finance, am I still guaranteed a place in the course of my choice when it comes to choosing?

Also, how are you finding the modules? Is the maths manageable? I'm looking to get a high B or A in the leaving higher level maths so I'm not too bad and I don't mind maths once I get into it!

Also, how are the years abroad and internships?

Thank you! Any information will be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

Firstly, if I select no preference between business analytics and economics and finance, am I still guaranteed a place in the course of my choice when it comes to choosing?

Yes, it is an open choice, you are guaranteed one or the other. The idea of Quantitative Business is to give people a chance to experience some courses before making a choice. The average applicant isn't familiar with all of the wide range of interesting careers for quantitatively literate people.
    Also, how are you finding the modules? Is the maths manageable? I'm looking to get a high B or A in the leaving higher level maths so I'm not too bad and I don't mind maths once I get into it!

It is a quant programme, liking maths is half the battle.

Advertisement