Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Pickem: Boards league 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Actually you're really 2-1-1NC ;)

Didn't even spot the draw, was wondering how i was so high up the leaderboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Very well done to last nights winner Hoki. 8 from 12 was a very respectable showing.

the_best_trophy.jpg

There was a lot of tough picks last night. Some of the fights that were almost walkovers with the bookies were actually a lot tougher to call than we would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Never EVER use your phone for Fight Picks, clicked Save but obviously didn't work and lost out on about 1000 points :(

Had Dunham, Makhachev, Skelly and Muhammed but only shows 5 picks. Ragened!

lesson learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Weird I almost always use my phone for it!

jimmii wrote: »
    Weird I almost always use my phone for it!

Same here, haven't had any issues with it yet anyway!

• Advertisement

Maybe just mine then. First time I ever used my phone for picks as I was travelling and they didn't save.

Reminder for tomorrow night.

Anyone tempted by the 400 pointer? I presume there are people who take a punt on all of them!

jimmii wrote: »
    Anyone tempted by the 400 pointer? I presume there are people who take a punt on all of them!
    Slightly due to the fact that Cyborg damn near kills herself trying to make a stupid weight.
    But she's just too damn good!!
    I know its in Brazil but I have a crazy amount of SUB predictions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

jimmii wrote:

Go for it jimmii ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'm thinking some dodgy decisions in favour of Brazilian fighters

Slightly due to the fact that Cyborg damn near kills herself trying to make a stupid weight.
    But she's just too damn good!!
    I know its in Brazil but I have a crazy amount of SUB predictions...

Yeh that cut is horrible it will surely catch up with her at some point.

Guys for the purpose of transparency, could the undermentioned pickers post their boards usernames here please?

Unless we know that people are actually members of boards.ie then they wont be eligible to named as winners of any event/period/year titles should they score highest, and the title will pass to the next highest scorer.

-Andrewislovely

-tuaman2004

-50shades (I think you may have identified yourself before but cant find the post, sorry)

Thanks lads.

tuaman2004 just magically appeared a place above above me last week! Just when I was about to crack the top 10 :pac:

Hoki wrote:
    tuaman2004 just magically appeared a place above above me last week! Just when I was about to crack the top 10

Yeah romours on the circuit are that jimmii and csallmighty are desperately running multiple accounts to try and catch me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Havent been able to watch the card tonight but checked in on my scores...not having a good night at all! :(

Log in see 2870 and think surely that's enough to go top! Dam you Swashbuckler dam you!

It all came down to bonuses and perfects last night. 8 people got 9 out of 13 picks correct but the two that seperated themselves from the rest of the field were Wrongway1985 & jimmii with a score of 2870, making them joint winners for this event.

Well done lads.

the_best_trophy.jpg

I'm guessing neither of ye filled in the tie breaker section when ye were making yere picks!!!

jimmii wrote:
    Log in see 2870 and think surely that's enough to go top! Dam you Swashbuckler dam you!

Literally the skin of my teeth.

John_D80 wrote: »
    I'm guessing neither of ye filled in the tie breaker section when ye were making yere picks!!!

I don't think it comes up on mobile.

• Advertisement

Don't forget the picks folks. We're heading into the tail end of the year now and you don't want to fúck up your whole year by missing one week.

Such carnage! 0 points from the last 9 fights wtf!

Saw my score this morning and thought oh sh*t. Some run of results. Very low scoring all round.

Could the picker that goes by the name Higgins1996 please identify themselves no later than 12 hours before the next event please. Apologies if you have already done so earlier in the thread.

Just want to be absolutely sure that you are a member of boards.ie
    I know you have been in the league all year but I can't link your pickem name to a boards.ie username.

I had a list of everyones boards names and pickem names but I have misplaced it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It was all going so well...then the main card came 0 points, managed to cling on to 3rd spot for the event such was the low scoring nature of it :rolleyes:

Think I picked all the favourites in a rush, 3/12 correct - brutal! Didn't help that it was an awful card...

Probably worth a reminder a couple of days in advance incase some of us end up looking for wifi in a pub in Manchester to do the picks on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Picks all reset for me even though I made them last week, that's about the third time its happened.

Always double even triple check.

Picks all reset for me even though I made them last week, that's about the third time its happened.

Always double even triple check.

Now if only that would happen to jimmii ;)

• Advertisement

Now if only that would happen to jimmii ;)

I had totally missed it was this weekend lucky you bumped it phew!

Advertisement