Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Pickem: Boards league 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

jimmii wrote: »
    I had totally missed it was this weekend lucky you bumped it phew!

Fair is fair. Nobody wants to win that way in fairness. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Fair is fair. Nobody wants to win that way in fairness. :)

Like I would make that mistake! (now watch me go miss it next week!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Reminder for tonights event.

Due to a failure by Higgins1996 to inform me of his boards.ie username, I regret that the win for last weekends event (Dodson vs Lineker) must pass to the next highest place picker.

Well done stepenl15. It was a tricky event to pick, so first place here was hard earned.

the_best_trophy.jpg

Massive well done to the winner for UFC 204, Whelo79. A very impressive 10 correct picks out of 11 was enough to put over 500 points clear of his nearest rival.

Be sure to let us know which fight let you down for the perfect 11/11!!

the_best_trophy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Cheers John. It was actually Tumenov who let me down for the clean sweep. That score pitted 17th in the world, pretty impressed with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Cheers John. It was actually Tumenov who let me down for the clean sweep. That score pitted 17th in the world, pretty impressed with that.

You're looking for this, I think ;)
    Feels good to be king

12345.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

You're looking for this, I think ;)

I remember your glory well! Yet to be replicated by another boardsie!

For the second time in a row, jimmii takes the bi-monthly prize.

Very well done. The gap at the top is closing.

ufc-belt.jpg

Also, reminder for RDA vs Ferguson.

John_D80 wrote: »

ufc-belt.jpg

He's gonna gas in the final stretch........

• Advertisement

ufc-belt.jpg

The King is coming for his crown. This is my year.

He's gonna gas in the final stretch........

You know it's just a matter of time. The ref is standing by waiting to jump in as he knows you can't hang on for much longer!

73% Diego Sanchez wow! Wonder if thats just due to few people making picks so far.

I've gone against the majority on most of the fights :eek:

jimmii wrote:
    I've gone against the majority on most of the fights

Your mind games don't work on me!

Your mind games don't work on me!

It's going to be a night for the underdogs you'll see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Another reminder, fights starting slightly earlier than usual.

What does a guy have to do to win a feckin event?

Good win last night for jcd5971. Very well done.

the_best_trophy.jpg

He somehow managed to hold off very strong challenges from Axwell and Podge2k7. It was the bonuses that made the difference. Even 7 perfects from Podge2k7 was only good enough for third.

hqdefault.jpg

In other news, there was what can only be described as unbelievable scenes at the top of the overall table. A balls-out move by brash young upstart jimmiijimjim in picking mostly underdogs backfired in spectacular style last night. Much like McGregor supporters after McG/Diaz 1, jimmii's fans have been left reeling and peddling out excuses to try and explain his loss.

Many of his critics are now questioning the wisdom behind moving up in weight to challenge a seasoned campaigner like Swashbuckler. On paper, sure they have a similar level of experience but championships aren't won on paper and if anyone around here knows about going to the trenches and playing the long game, it's Swashbuckler from his days as an amateur, where he cut his teeth picking in backroom shows on the mean streets of (insert town name here). Its the kind of experience jimmii just doesn't have.

As we go forward into the final leg of the championship, it really is a wide open race where any of the 5 front runners have the potential to blitz the last few events of the year. Axwell is waiting for one or both of the front runners to implode so he can feast on their remains (thats a direct qoute btw, he is a bit of a strange chap) , while both csallmighty and xtal91 could very easily replicate their form from earlier in the year to mount a late challenge to the top 3.

In a season of unpredicatadoodlies, one thing is for certain. Its going to be an absolute whizzgiggler of a final two months.

• Advertisement

I did say he would gas in the final stretch! Long way to go yet though.

The good thing about this league is it can completely swing on one event. I think jimmii closed more than 1000 points on me a few events back.

But seriously, how the hell have I not won an event yet! Has anyone managed to be top in November and not win an event all year?

What does a guy have to do to win a feckin event?

I might be wrong but I think you just need to score more points than everyone else :pac:

jimmii wrote:
    I might be wrong but I think you just need to score more points than everyone else

That's brash talk from a guy who just got wiped!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Feckin finally win an event huzzah

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Feckin finally win an event huzzah

20120902_dss_8656_1.jpg

But seriously, how the hell have I not won an event yet! Has anyone managed to be top in November and not win an event all year?

It would be a unbelievable achievement if you could get to the end and stay on top without winning a single event!!

Solid gold proof that consistency trumps all. I've won 2 events this year and am only in 7th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Axwell is waiting for one or both of the front runners to implode so he can feast on their remains (thats a direct qoute btw, he is a bit of a strange chap) ,

I'm a lion just waiting, and I am going to eat them alive. You and all their other Gazelle friends are going to look and see their carcass getting eaten alive and all you are going to say is, "im not doing fantasy UFC again".

Axwell wrote: »
    I'm a lion just waiting, and I am going to eat them alive. You and all their other Gazelle friends are going to look and see their carcass getting eaten alive and all you are going to say is, "im not doing fantasy UFC again".

Who the fk is that guy?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

jimmii wrote: »
    Who the fk is that guy?

I will be sure to leave you till last. You should just be glad I missed getting picks in for some other events to even give you a chance to win.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    I will be sure to leave you till last. You should just be glad I missed getting picks in for some other events to even give you a chance to win.

All I hear is excuses. You'll never be a champion if you finding reasons not to be!

Advertisement