Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Pickem: Boards league 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

What's the significance of the "Level" value next to everybody's name in the leaderboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

10 points so close dammit! Nice start to the year fingers crossed for more of the same in a couple of weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Mid table mediocrity. I'll take that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

What's the significance of the "Level" value next to everybody's name in the leaderboard?

As your cumulative points total increases over a year, you 'level-up' when you hit different milestones. And even though your points reset to zero at the end of the year, your level doesn't.

There's no advantage for guys that have a higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

I should be banned after that performance, in fairness though I had Noke, Soto & Condit all by decision so it could have been much different.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    I should be banned after that performance, in fairness though I had Noke, Soto & Condit all by decision so it could have been much different.
    Add your reply here.

I think weve jinxed ourselves by taking this league on!! I did even worse than you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

8th in my first go so I'm chuffed with that :D beginners luck is a powerful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Pudsy33 wrote:
    8th in my first go so I'm chuffed with that beginners luck is a powerful thing.

Speak for urself, I'm propping up the table like villa on my first attempt 😂☺

I'd say a lot of people feeling burned by some of the judging last night. Table could have looked very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭JGEP

Not a big poster, actually don't think I've ever posted in this forum but have been into MMA for years so said I'd join the league for the craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Joined for 16. Bit behind but no harm.

Next event is only a few days away guys:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057547420

Dominic Cruz vs. TJ Dillashaw for the BW title. Main event should be a technical cracker and lots of tasty match-ups to warm the blood beforehand.

Get your picks in and remember as always to check and double check 'em. They are not locked in until you click the save button. Also I think that there have been 1 or 2 changes in the match ups so if you saved your picks a couple weeks ago it might be worth checking them.

Also welcome to the 2 new players (JGEP & JoeyJJ) that have joined since the previous event.

Almost forgot!

Edit. Forgot its tomorrow too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Joined there for a bit of craic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Do you get punished if you pick the winner but get the way they won/round they won in wrong?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Do you get punished if you pick the winner but get the way they won/round they won in wrong?

You dont get punished you just dont get the points for those. Winner, round and method all score points.

Congrats to the Winner for this event:

Wrongway1985

10 correct picks out of 13 is very good, so well done.

the_best_trophy.jpg

Special mention must surely go to csallmighty as well. A very impressive 5 perfects out of 9 winning picks got him a well deserved 2nd place. Good going.

Next event is:

Fight Night: Johnson vs. Bader on the night/morning of the 30th/31st.

Formalities aside, could i just request again that any players who's Pickem name is different from their boards username please let us know by posting here. It hasn't been an issue so far but it will invariably arise whereby an event/month winner's name doesn't match up to any name that features here.

The reason being is that the league is open to anyone and we dont want some randomer just joining our league and taking our glory now do we!? :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Not sure if I need to mention as I was in the previous league but my username on that site is:

elkatsumoto

Decent event finally, 9/13 with two perfect, il genuinely gate cote I need to stop backing and going against him haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I've moved up the table a bit tonight, from near the bottom to the middle, got 8 right but only 1 perfect. Still a lot better than the last round.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Formalities aside, could i just request again that any players who's Pickem name is different from their boards username please let us know by posting here. It hasn't been an issue so far but it will invariably arise whereby an event/month winner's name doesn't match up to any name that features here.

I don't have much of a posting history in this forum but I joined as well at the beginning.

Don't forget your picks this week lads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

For anyone who made picks a while back and thought nothing more - remember, Sage got a new opponent.

I only remembered seeing the above post to double check!

Also remember it's an early event for anyone who likes to leave it late.

Congrats to the Winner for this event:

Jimmiijimjim

9 correct picks out of 13 is with 5 prefects and you bonus is class well done.

the_best_trophy.jpg

Special mention must surely go to xtal191 as well. A very impressive 5 perfects out of 8 picks got him a well deserved 2nd place and just a few points off the top of this event very well done.

It's fairly tight at the top one or two risky picks and top place could change often.

Next event is:

Fight Night: Hendricks v Thompson on the night/morning of the 6th/7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

That's my worst score ever! I didn't even break the 1000pt mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

My name in the league is Dowdus ðŸ‘ðŸ»

:cool:

• Advertisement

That was a bad event for me. Dropped a few spots. 1200 score. Meh.

Advertisement