Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Pickem: Boards league 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

If you're not careful I'll report you to the mods for trolling! Haha. This is it lad....my night....wait and see

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you're not careful I'll report you to the mods for trolling! Haha. This is it lad....my night....wait and see

You do that..see what happens :cool:

Oh I will be waiting..we will see come 6am :pac:

It was a tough card to predict all joking aside. I've changed a couple of them a few times.

It was a tough card to predict all joking aside. I've changed a couple of them a few times.

I will either have the most incredible night of picks ever, or there will be a few upsets that will literally destroy my points. And while im confident on most of the fights right now, I wont be surprised if some of them turn out completely different.

I wouldnt be shocked to see Johnson KO Khabib, Johnson is on form and Khabib has a long lay off..but really Khabib should win it.

Same with Yoel and Woodley, they both could knock their opponents into next week..but they really shouldnt..

So yes I have picked Khabib, Wonderboy and Weidman...or else this whole post is just to lead you into a false sense of security that those are my picks..guess we wont know till later. Maybe I didnt even make picks!

Axwell wrote:
    So yes I have picked Khabib, Wonderboy and Weidman...or else this whole post is just to lead you into a false sense of security that those are my picks..guess we wont know till later. Maybe I didnt even make picks!

Haha if I was decent I would engage you in this conversation but I cant let jimmii sneak in.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote:

Haha if I was decent I would engage you in this conversation but I cant let jimmii sneak in.

Dont mind Jimmii, his picks for tonight will be useless.

Axwell wrote:

He's probably on the beer since England beat South Africa. Have you seen Kavanaghs picks?

He's probably on the beer since England beat South Africa. Have you seen Kavanaghs picks?

Yup I seen them - looks like he thinks JJ moving camp might be cause an upset, the layoff with Khabib or Johnsons form..Yoel I cant see, think Weidman takes it but then you never know if Yoel lands or just tries to contain Weidman on the ground he could fluke it. But what does Kavanagh know anyways - Im sure he would be way down the table in our league :pac:

*I joke John if you read - also join us in the new year for the craic

Don't bother John. I'll whoop your punk ass in this league. I run the show. Haha. Very surprised with his picks to be honest especially Karolina.

• Advertisement

Don't bother John. I'll whoop your punk ass in this league. I run the show. Haha. Very surprised with his picks to be honest especially Karolina.

JJ just changed camps before this fight so there is a bit of talk that she wont have settled properly and if there is ever a time to beat her this is it. Guess thats the thinking behind it.

Axwell wrote:
    JJ just changed camps before this fight so there is a bit of talk that she wont have settled properly and if there is ever a time to beat her this is it. Guess thats the thinking behind it.

Yeah maybe. I just don't think karolina is the girl to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Axwell wrote: »

Like yours all year. I have a shocker of a night and you still can't catch me.

I live in Scotland too so had a bit of fun with the football!

jimmii wrote: »
    Like yours all year. I have a shocker of a night and you still can't catch me.

As I told you already the only reason you are ahead of me is a missed picks on night..

As I told you already the only reason you are ahead of me is a missed picks on night..

That's like saying you only lost because you didn't turn up to your fight!

jimmii wrote: »
    That's like saying you only lost because you didn't turn up to your fight!

Yeah and? :P

We both know if I had made those picks you wouldn't be sitting in second.

I think tonight's the night the wheels fall off your chariot

I love to see two guys fighting it out for second place.

I love to see two guys fighting it out for second place.

As in one of us gets second and the other gets first? Thats prob how it will be when you fall asunder tonight :D

As in one of us gets second and the other gets first? Thats prob how it will be when you fall asunder tonight :D

Me finishing third is extremely optimistic! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Lots of bonus points up for grabs tonight, could be some very high scores on the cards ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

First time doing a pickem in months, for the craic. Missed the first fight and picked a lot of outside / under dog results.

Changed from Liz to the other wan earlier in the week. fooook.

Changed from Liz to the other wan earlier in the week. fooook.

Told ya you shoulda changed those picks earlier..

I just did the Pick em equivalent of aftertiming. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

0/2 great start :o

Hoki wrote:
    0/2 great start

Same here

Hoki wrote:
    0/2 great start

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

0/2 too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

0/3, need Sapo to do the business next to stop the rot.

Advertisement