Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Pickem: Boards league 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Carroller wrote: »
    Decided to join.. At least I think I'm in. This will be a tough event to get majority correct

Welcome aboard. More the merrier. It's good craic and it makes the whole event a little bit more fun.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

John_D80 wrote: »
    Welcome aboard. More the merrier. It's good craic and it makes the whole event a little bit more fun.

Good luck.

Dont lie to him. It's soul destroying. Run while you can! It drags you to the greatest of heights and then casts you back into oblivion. All in the space of one event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dont lie to him. It's soul destroying. Run while you can! It drags you to the greatest of heights and then casts you back into oblivion. All in the space of one event.

It's true. I can't even enjoy the fights anymore.

"Come on ya bastard, 15 more seconds to take him down and make him tap!"

I find I'm shouting that a lot lately.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's true. I can't even enjoy the fights anymore.

"Come on ya bastard, 15 more seconds to take him down and make him tap!"

I find I'm shouting that a lot lately.

Yeah me too. Worse part is cheering for a fighter you don't even like.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

It can be frustrating at times but I think it gives you much more interest in the early prelims in particular.

I'm not a casual fan, but at times in the past I haven't gone out of my way to watch the first few fights or UFC debutantes. For the last 2 months I have not missed a SINGLE fight. And I've been introduced to exciting new fighters e.g. Brown, Bamgbose, Amirkhani.

I think it's fantastic and wish I'd signed up sooner. Also the banter or the threads during late cards is great aul craic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

This is the beat part of the forum / fight game for me, it actually annoys me these days if I'm in a mates having a few beers because the I miss out the banter hear.

lougal88 wrote: »
    It can be frustrating at times but I think it gives you much more interest in the early prelims in particular.

I'm not a casual fan, but at times in the past I haven't gone out of my way to watch the first few fights or UFC debutantes. For the last 2 months I have not missed a SINGLE fight. And I've been introduced to exciting new fighters e.g. Brown, Bamgbose, Amirkhani.

I think it's fantastic and wish I'd signed up sooner. Also the banter or the threads during late cards is great aul craic :)

Nail on the head. Sometimes the craic in the event threads can be so good it takes your eyes off the fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

11th with 2720 wtf! That used to be a top score last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Came third with 3020. Only one I got wrong was pettis

Some great picking last night. Three guys got 11/12 and ten guys got 10/12. Unbelievable really.

The high standard makes this victory for martyos121 particularly impressive. Well done.

the_best_trophy.jpg

We also have our second bi-monthly winner for this year, lougal88. Consistent high scores for the last two months. Good job. Well deserved.

ufc-belt.jpg

Next event is UFC Rotterdam:Overeem vs Arlovski on May 8th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

2 solid weeks from myself there now, got 9/12 here checked leader board realized average was like 8 so fair play everyone ah well maybe next time :P

Marty and lougal.

Out of pure curiosity, what fight let ye down for the perfect 12/12??

Pettis vs. Barboza for me.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Pettis vs. Barboza for me.

Same here. I'm a big Pettis fan.
    Wasn't half as disappointed about the 11/12 as I was about him losing 3 in a row.

Ninja edit - meant 3 originally but like a noob wrote 2. "Pettis fan" says you :P

lougal88 wrote: »
    Same here. I'm a big Pettis fan.
    Wasn't half as disappointed about the 11/12 as I was about him losing 2 in a row.

I only went with him since I thought there's no way someone as talented as Pettis could lose three in a row, although he faced three absolute beasts in fairness.

I knew Barboza was excellent, but I didn't expect him to outclass Showtime like that. I'd love to see him face Nate in a title eliminator next, that'd be a class fight.

UFC Rotterdam today. Get picks in.

Fight Pass Prelims kicking off at 3:30pm.

UFC Rotterdam today. Get picks in.

Fight Pass Prelims kicking off at 3:30pm.

After a decent score last time out I'm having a shocker here, 0 of 3 so far and I've gone for Madadi here not entirely confident there could be on for a new low :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I just joined up folks.

3/3 so far, 2 perfects and if the sub came a round later from Sasaki that would be 3.

Had Cabral by sub in the first here, was shouting at the telly for him to finish the choke lol.

• Advertisement

Im doing terrible :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Completely forgot about this. Bollocks anyway haha

That will hurt me in the leaderboard

mdwexford wrote: »
    I just joined up folks.

Welcome aboard!

A new game for you with the darts almost finished :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I should have known going with Nelson was Gunnar punish me.

After a decent score last time out I'm having a shocker here, 0 of 3 so far and I've gone for Madadi here not entirely confident there could be on for a new low :D

Some respectability clawed back getting 7 of last 10 fights correct thought picking Gunni would haunt me like it did with Serry, but good man Gunni!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Got the last 7 fights in a row right, including Gunnar 2nd round sub and Reem 2nd round KO.

8/12 overall, happy enough with that for my first go.

Well done this weeks winner and early leader for the bi-monthly period: Axwell.

the_best_trophy.jpg

I wasn't watching the event live so I wasn't following the scoring in real time this week but as always it was super close at the top with 3 guys getting 11 correct picks. I'm in a few other leagues as well and I must say the standard week on week in our league is seriously high by comparison globally. Well done to everyone in the league in that regard.

Next weekend, is UFC 198. Listed as May 14 but keep an eye out for the event thread to make sure of the exact date/time for us considering time differences etc. Should be a cracker of an event. Most of the Prelim fights would get a slot on most main cards. I am (as always) voting with my heart for this and predicting a new HW champ.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cheers lads - have to say I'm a bit annoyed how I did in the end mainly because it tied in with a bet I did and a bit of changing my picks. The two fights I got wrong were I went for Tuck and Big Foot Silva. But at the start of the event I had a ten fold bet on which went out the window with Tuck. So after that I stuck on a 6 fold just picking the winners which sailed home but when I was doing that I had been thinking more about the fights and swapped to Struve - of course I forgot to login and update the picks on UFC though :mad: I also flipped on Reem to win in the first when I had him down originally to win in the second. Had I had them I would have broke into the top 100 for the event and had 12/13 correct.

Still happy with the result on here obviously and there was a few behind me chasing my tail!! Well played everyone - some serious points being scored in these events.

I had 0 points after the first four fights but rallied home with 1900 which wasn't to bad! Atleast it didnt **** me over compleatly.

• Advertisement

I don't handle the stress of this very well. Haha

Advertisement