Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Iphone to buy ?

• 02-01-2016 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

currently have the 5s , looking to upgrade , what would be a good choice :) ? is the 6s in around the same screen size as the 5s or would it be massive ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I was in the same boat about upgrading from a 5s to a 6 and thought that it would be way too big for me but now a 5s feels way to small in my hand. I don't have the biggest hands either and can use it one handed a lot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

yeah i definatly need something i can use with one hand !! :) lol , is there much difference in the 6 and 6s ? , aside the price :D

It's faster and the camera is better I think. It has force touch as well.

If you're anywhere near Liffey valley or Newbridge go into iConnect and play around with a 6 or 6s.

thanks guil i might just do that :) its looking like the 6s for now though :D

• Advertisement

Best of luck whichever one ya go for but I'd be the same, has to be the latest and greatest lol.

haha latest and greatest exactly :) plan B would be to start saving for the iphone 7 , can see that being a crazy crazy price IMO :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

After upgrading from a 6 to a 6s, i'd say go for the 6 if you can get it a good bit cheaper, it's a lot lighter in the hand and pocket, camera difference isn't huge, a lot cheaper fix if you break the screen, force touch, I don't know what others have to say about it but to me it's a gimmick that adds too much weight to the phone. I've switched it off completely.
    6s is just to heavy and battery life is bordering on crap, Go for 6 or hold tight for 7.

After upgrading from a 6 to a 6s, i'd say go for the 6 if you can get it a good bit cheaper, it's a lot lighter in the hand and pocket, camera difference isn't huge, a lot cheaper fix if you break the screen, force touch, I don't know what others have to say about it but to me it's a gimmick that adds too much weight to the phone. I've switched it off completely.
    6s is just to heavy and battery life is bordering on crap, Go for 6 or hold tight for 7.

Forgot to mention too what would be best for battery life :rolleyes: would the 6s really be that bad on it :) ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I would try stretch for he 6S at this stage. ( 6 owner)

My dad got one for xmas and the camera is noticeably better and the force touch is cool.

He was getting a 6 from Apple but for the same money we got a 6S brand new in the box from adverts from a trusted seller.

• Advertisement

if buying second hand is there anything important to look out for ? obv its not blacklisted or a replica :) ?

pudzey101 wrote: »
    if buying second hand is there anything important to look out for ? obv its not blacklisted or a replica :) ?

You probably won't know it's blacklisted when you buy it.
    Replica
    Water Damage

Tbh if it's a new phone and they can't produce a receipt walk away.

thanks lads , il more than likely chose the 6s , think the 5'5" screen would be too large :) il head to the shop and see what there like in hand :D concerned about the 6s battery life , would it be much improvement from the 5s battery ?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ah would ya stop. 14 grams difference, you aren't going to notice that unless you hold both phones in your hand at the same time :rolleyes:

OP i'd go for the 6S and then potentially sell it when the 7 comes out and get the 7. (re-sale value will be a lot higher then that of a standard 6)

It's noticeable by the time the otterbox is on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

pudzey101 wrote: »
    thanks lads , il more than likely chose the 6s , think the 5'5" screen would be too large :) il head to the shop and see what there like in hand :D concerned about the 6s battery life , would it be much improvement from the 5s battery ?

Yeah, you'll see improved battery alright. I switch from the 6 to the 6s plus, though it was huge for the first week or two, I picked up a 6 the other day and it felt tiny. You'll be amazed at how quickly you'd get used to the 6s.

Advertisement