Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Cheap Skyrim Build

Options
  • 02-01-2016 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey Folks

I'm upgrading and will shortly have a spare GTX 770 2GB hanging around, thinking I'll build a second PC based around it. This will exist primarily for my significant other to play Skyrim and watch Netflix on so I don't have to fight with her over my rig :)

I can probably rustle up a case and PSU from somewhere...so really I'm looking to track down the cheapest motherboard that can support the 770, and get a processor that won't drag it down too much.

What do y'all think? I'm not above taking a flyer on second hand components...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

H81M board €50
    Pentium G3258 €70
    4gb RAM €30
    250gb SSD €90
    Case €50
    500w PSU €60

Souru whatever you can second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

H81M board €50
    Pentium G3258 €70
    4gb RAM €30
    250gb SSD €90
    Case €50
    500w PSU €60

Souru whatever you can second hand

Just a quick additional to this is to maybe upgrade to 8GB RAM for only about €10 more these days. It would be of a lot of help for modding Skyrim.

As an aside, I've found Gamer Poets On YouTube tutorials to be extremely helpful when modding and even installing Skyrim to the best folder to mod

Advertisement