Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Election Candidates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Damien Tiernan ''
    As close as official as u will get for turnout in Co Wexford:
    Wexford town 63% Gorey 61 new Ross 62 Enniscorthy 60.5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

sheep? wrote: »
    Same No. 1 in the end! Did Howlin ever get back to you after? ;)

Nope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Hardly surprising I suppose!

Trying to find tentative numbers for Wexford, but can't seem to find any. Any updates online anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Best place is http://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/constituencies/wexford/ or https://twitter.com/damienrte

Looking like 7 people for 5 seats Malcolm Byrne, James Browne, Paul Kehoe, Mick Darcy, Brendan Howlin, Johnny Mythen and Mick Wallace.

James Browne will perhaps top the poll, Mick Wallace suffering bad very low numbers compared to last time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

12049501_10209052508138279_5949202620153423187_n.jpg?oh=861a799ac491b0301736dad628140661&oe=576AE43A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Kev1001

Based on RTE's blog Fine Gael done very badly in south Wexford:

13:21
    With 80% of the ballot boxes tallied FF's James Browne leads with 8,784 votes and looks nailed on to top the poll. FG's Michael D'Arcy is behind him with 7,247 votes followed by Paul Kehoe on 7,195. Brendan Howlin is on 6,649 while Mick Wallace is on 6,623. Sinn Fein's Johnny Mythen is on 5,786 votes while FFs Malcolm Byrne has 5,710 votes.

13:50
    100% of the boxes have now been tallied in Wexford. There are seven contenders for the five seats. Labour Minister Brendan Howlin is in the lead at 14%. At 13.7% Fianna Fail's James Browne, son of outgoing TD John Browne, is sitting pretty. Independent and last election's poll-topper Mick Wallace is on 11% alongside Fine Gael and Government chief whip Paul Kehoe. Sinn Fein's Johnny Mythen - a councillor in Enniscorthy - is at just under 10% and Fianna Fail's Malcolm Byrne is at 8.4%. None of the candidates reached the quota that's estimated to be over 11,000. A first count is expected at 5.0pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Can anyone tell me why Wexford is so in love with Messrs Howlin and Kehoe?? I'm flummoxed

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

vicwatson wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why Wexford is so in love with Messrs Howlin and Kehoe?? I'm flummoxed
    It's definitely a mystery....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Howlin on rte right now delighted with himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

sjb25 wrote: »
    Howlin on rte right now delighted with himself

Fcukin tosser, he'll cream us again in the next budget if he gets a ministerial position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

2FG 1LAB 1FF IIND that's my prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

As Howlin indicated himself it looks like Wexford town & south of the county has voted for him big time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Wallaces 1st Preferences based on those Tallies means he's hammoraged (sp?) 6-7,000 Votes!

Scarleh for the Wexford Electorate that he's not going to Top the Poll and that he might even struggle to be elected.

This is why there should be an actual, a truly National and NOT a General (by Constituency) Election; might ditch the PPP that ***** up this country!

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Wallaces 1st Preferences based on those Tallies means he's hammoraged (sp?) 6-7,000 Votes!

Scarleh for the Wexford Electorate that he's not going to Top the Poll and that he might even struggle to be elected.

This is why there should be an actual, a truly National and NOT a General (by Constituency) Election; might ditch the PPP that ***** up this country!

Going by the tallies he should make it, we will know more when the 1st count comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Going by the tallies he should make it, we will know more when the 1st count comes in.

He was 1/40 before the election.

kneemos wrote: »
    He was 1/40 before the election.

Bit mental alright, but as you know the Wallace is not the usual candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

What's a bit mental is the way the cabbages keep on voting for hereditary TDs like James Browne and donkeys like Brendan Howlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

There was a lot of other left wing candidates though compared to last time that would have taken first preferences from Wallace. I can see himself and Mythen picking up a lot of transfers.

Meanwhile Darcy and Kehoe might get in each others way and one of them end up losing out.

There was a lot of other left wing candidates though compared to last time that would have taken first preferences from Wallace. I can see himself and Mythen picking up a lot of transfers.

Meanwhile Darcy and Kehoe might get in each others way and one of them end up losing out.

Ya agreed on the 1st part, however because Darcy is geographically closer to Malcolm Byrne, this I think will push him ahead of Kehoe when Byrne is eliminated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Del.Monte wrote: »
    What's a bit mental is the way the cabbages keep on voting for hereditary TDs like James Browne and donkeys like Brendan Howlin.

Voting for terrorism is mental. Wallace and Mythen.

• Advertisement

Willfarman wrote: »

In fairness now neither mythen or Wallace are terrorists closest to terrorism is mick with his step ladder and hi viz in Shannon :)

Del monte has a point howlin gets votes because he "saved the hospital" fair enough I suppose but James brown elected because "sure his father was a great fella" a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

What a clever statement,goes to show Wexford will get more of the same.

sjb25 wrote: »
    In fairness now neither mythen or Wallace are terrorists closest to terrorism is mick with his step ladder and hi viz in Shannon :)

Del monte has a point howlin gets votes because he "saved the hospital" fair enough I suppose but James brown elected because "sure his father was a great fella" a bit much

He is a councillor and is heavily involved in local organisations to be completely fair to him,though of course the name no doubt helps a lot.

kneemos wrote: »
    He is a councillor and is heavily involved in local organisations to be completely fair to him,though of course the name no doubt helps a lot.

Oh I'm sure he's not useless I've never met him or had anything to do with him but heard at least 3 people use that argument I quoted for giving him a vote just think it ridiculous fair enough if he gets elected for his own work tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

MR Wallace saw fit to go to court to attempt to bail a terrorist ira scrote with his own personal bond of 5000€. (Although there are still sub contractors still out of pocket that are suffering financial hardship that would be desperately grateful of such a sum if he has it to flout). And mr mythen is belongs to a party that is the political wing of head the ball terrorist scum.

So yes more of the same is the best that all descant working people can hope for as the alternative is not palatable.

MR Wallace saw fit to go to court to attempt to bail a terrorist ira scrote with his own personal bond of 5000€. (Although there are still sub contractors still out of pocket that are suffering financial hardship that would be desperately grateful of such a sum if he has it to flout). And mr mythen is belongs to a party that is the political wing of head the ball terrorist scum.

So yes more of the same is the best that all descant working people can hope for as the alternative is not palatable.

Now that is mental if it's true alright.

The Godfather of south Armagh is a good republican and a hard working farmer. http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs2g.C9JW618AZs9B4iA5;_ylu=X3oDMTBydHRqMjgyBGNvbG8DaXIyBHBvcwM1BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1456634815/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.irishtimes.com%2fnews%2fireland%2firish-news%2fthomas-slab-murphy-jailed-over-tax-like-chicago-gangster-1.2550298/RK=0/RS=uiMhK9LEXMITUY7kiINFzUiauYA-

Second count results

• Advertisement

Advertisement