Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Election Candidates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Willfarman wrote: »
    MR Wallace saw fit to go to court to attempt to bail a terrorist ira scrote with his own personal bond of 5000€. (Although there are still sub contractors still out of pocket that are suffering financial hardship that would be desperately grateful of such a sum if he has it to flout). And mr mythen is belongs to a party that is the political wing of head the ball terrorist scum.

So yes more of the same is the best that all descant working people can hope for as the alternative is not palatable.
    Still don't see where Wallace is a terrorist! Wexford have the worst set of candidates in the country with either sons/daughters of former TDs who have done very little when they got elected bar get on the gravy train. FG/Labour have got a battering at the polls rightly so but we in Wexford rewards the inept and vote them back in. Now if there was a decent alternative it would be easier to kick them out . We have the second worst unemployment level in the country with a government minister but yeah vote them back in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

MR Wallace saw fit to go to court to attempt to bail a terrorist ira scrote with his own personal bond of 5000€. (Although there are still sub contractors still out of pocket that are suffering financial hardship that would be desperately grateful of such a sum if he has it to flout). And mr mythen is belongs to a party that is the political wing of head the ball terrorist scum.

So yes more of the same is the best that all descant working people can hope for as the alternative is not palatable.

The bigger issue is how people are happy to turn around and vote for FF again. Didn't take long for people to forget that they lead the country into economic collapse. Upset by the fact FG/Labour weren't good to them they turn around and vote for the incompetent bunch of morons that put us in that position in the first place.

Nationwide it's the same story as Wexford, no good alternative . Just sick that people who had the power Howlin and that Moron Kehoe let the county down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

gmurphy70 wrote: »
    Still don't see where Wallace is a terrorist! Wexford have the worst set of candidates in the country with either sons/daughters of former TDs who have done very little when they got elected bar get on the gravy train. FG/Labour have got a battering at the polls rightly so but we in Wexford rewards the inept and vote them back in. Now if there was a decent alternative it would be easier to kick them out . We have the second worst unemployment level in the country with a government minister but yeah vote them back in....

I agree with you on the standard of candidates in Wexford and on the state of our county. But no way is Wallace ever going to do anything to improve it. It was superb work on the part of gardai to catch these ****ers. What descant right minded person would want to bail them out. He has his seat now it looks anyway so you have your man in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

The bigger issue is how people are happy to turn around and vote for FF again. Didn't take long for people to forget that they lead the country into economic collapse. Upset by the fact FG/Labour weren't good to them they turn around and vote for the incompetent bunch of morons that put us in that position in the first place.

A huge campaign emanating from the Irish Water demonstrations gave FF & SF a huge lift. Capitalising on anger at the gvt turned the tide against the coalition parties. They still have support among rural voters and working class areas. Not sure if it will be enough to form a gvt. Their economic policies is one of protectionism.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    A huge campaign emanating from the Irish Water demonstrations gave FF & SF a huge lift. Capitalising on anger at the gvt turned the tide against the coalition parties. They still have support among rural voters and working class areas. Not sure if it will be enough to form a gvt. Their economic policies is one of protectionism.

Rural people don't give a flying fig about Irish Water, we pay for it from the start.

Count 7

Wallace and Mythen pick up the majority of transfers from Wadding. Wallace pulling away from Darcy and Kehoe and Mythen closing the gap.

Leonard Kelly's votes next to be redistributed.

dkUrugJ.png

Count 8

Kelly's transfers puts Wallace ahead of Brown and Mythen 100 odd votes off Kehoe.

Aoife Byrne FF next to have her 3585 votes redistributed.

Fs5OBvt.png

• Advertisement

I agree with you on the standard of candidates in Wexford and on the state of our county. But no way is Wallace ever going to do anything to improve it. It was superb work on the part of gardai to catch these ****ers. What descant right minded person would want to bail them out. He has his seat now it looks anyway so you have your man in!

Sorry my friend but dunno where you got the info but I didn't vote for Wallace in the end........

Bit late with this one.

Count 9

Howlin elected as he makes the quota. Browne almost at the finish line too as he picked up a lot of transfers from Aoife Byrne. Darcy, Kehoe and Mythen all very close.

Ger Carty's votes to be redistributed next.

WBJiVoY.png

Count 10

Browne elected as he makes the quota. Mick Wallace just about there. Still not much between Darcy, Kehoe and Mythen. Malcolm Byrnes 7000 votes looks like it will push Wallace over the finish line and decide who will get the remaining seats.

LoXuh8z.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Malcolm Byrnes distribution will decide the last seat which is between Kehoe and Mythen
    Mythen has good support in Gorey so he could make it ahead of Kehoe. Plus FF voters would tend to give SF a preference ahead of FG

Count 11

Brownes surplus redistributed puts Kehoe 5 votes ahead of Darcy with Mythen just less than 100 off Darcy. Wallace just 50 odd votes off making the quota.

Byrne not yet excluded, Howlins surplus is being redistributed.

eXSEZ4V.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Nail biting stuff in fairness. First time in years Wexford had a decent scrap for the last seat.

No real change after count 12 with Howlins surplus redistributed. Wallace just 14 votes off making the quota. Kehoe, Darcy and Mythen still close. 1 vote between Kehoe and Darcy with Mythen 100 votes behind.

Byrne now exlcuded and his votes will be redistributed.

It's all over, ironic really as a FF man is going to bring in Darcy and Kehoe. Nail biting last time as Darcy only missed out by a few hundred votes. He had the highest 1st preference nationwide not to get elected in 2011 at over 8400. Fairplay Michael I'm delighted for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Told you "Man's man" - where's my Guinness? Brendan Howlin would easily be reelected...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Happy enough with Wexford I have to say. I voted for Leonard Kelly, but I knew well enough he wasn't going to get anywhere, I just wanted to show support for SD, but my 2 and 3 are well in.

Don't really get all the votes for James 'Daddy's boy' Brown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I know so many people down there that gave no1 to Leonard Kelly yet it seems like he only got about 1600 first preference votes ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Happy enough with Wexford I have to say. I voted for Leonard Kelly, but I knew well enough he wasn't going to get anywhere, I just wanted to show support for SD, but my 2 and 3 are well in.

Don't really get all the votes for James 'Daddy's boy' Brown.

The Brownes are known in Enniscorthy for real parish pump stuff sorting out forms, medical cards, council issues stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Total recount will start from 10am Monday after Johnny Mythen (SF) called for it as he was just 52 votes behind Kehoe for the fifth seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

McLoughlin wrote: »
    The Brownes are known in Enniscorthy for real parish pump stuff sorting out forms, medical cards, council issues stuff like that

Sadly this is seems to be the secret to success in all constituencies. It was quite telling to hear a number of successful candidates saying to RTE, when asked why they thought they were voted back in, that they work hard locally and people were rewarding them for that. I actually heard one FF guy (in Cork I think) saying that no one he spoke to cared about national issues, they all wanted help with medical cards and the like. Even the Healy Raes with their 'sending the message back to Dublin' shtick...

Fair enough if that's what people want, we live in a democracy, but I couldn't help thinking there was a bit of truth in the matter when Howlin said that people were punishing them for putting the country first*.

*Not that I fully agree or that I think now's the time to be saying those things, it really looks like sour grapes when they come out with this 'we are unappreciated' stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Total recount will start from 10am Monday after Johnny Mythen (SF) called for it as he was just 52 votes behind Kehoe for the fifth seat.

I would dearly love to see Johnny Mythen ousting Kehoe but I think I'm only chasing the rainbow. Kehoe will have that smug grin plastered all over the local rags if they get the two seats:mad: I can't stand the sight of him, he's a useless waste of a seat. I heard James Browne giving a brief few words to Michael Sinnot last night, he sounds eloquent enough, certainly a major improvement on his aul fella who can't string two words together. I hope James and John Browne don't end up like Katie Taylor+Pete... with daddy claiming the credit for every little thing..

Had dealings with John Browne last year and found him excellent even though the man was in poor health. James is a barrister so he is sharp and hopefully do well as a TD.

Mythen seems like a nice fella but couldn't support the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Had dealings with John Browne last year and found him excellent even though the man was in poor health. James is a barrister so he is sharp and hopefully do well as a TD.

Mythen seems like a nice fella but couldn't support the party.

I'd have high hopes for him in fairness . He's busy locally,on committies and such,a councillor and a barrister.
    How he has time for all of it God knows. Shows commitment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tiredout

jca wrote: »
    I would dearly love to see Johnny Mythen ousting Kehoe but I think I'm only chasing the rainbow. Kehoe will have that smug grin plastered all over the local rags if they get the two seats:mad: I can't stand the sight of him, he's a useless waste of a seat. I heard James Browne giving a brief few words to Michael Sinnot last night, he sounds eloquent enough, certainly a major improvement on his aul fella who can't string two words together. I hope James and John Browne don't end up like Katie Taylor+Pete... with daddy claiming the credit for every little thing..

Completely agree. In my opinion kehoe is an embarrassment. Huge decrease in his vote since 2011. People are starting to find him out. I'm no fan of sinn Fein but would love to see Mythen elected in recount. It's unlikely but you never know. Also would love for Paul kehoe to do an IQ test and publish the results. That would be funny.

Tiredout wrote: »
    Completely agree. In my opinion kehoe is an embarrassment. Huge decrease in his vote since 2011. People are starting to find him out. I'm no fan of sinn Fein but would love to see Mythen elected in recount. It's unlikely but you never know. Also would love for Paul kehoe to do an IQ test and publish the results. That would be funny.

Not really his 1st preference is down by 690, or just over 8%. He nearly didn't make it last time, had Darcy been 200 1st preference more he wouldn't have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

mansize wrote: »
    Told you "Man's man" - where's my Guinness? Brendan Howlin would easily be reelected...

Its nothing to be proud of. He was 10 to 1 on to be re-elected. Never second guess the stupidity of the electorate.

Mr Howlin now has no party and will have no influence whatsoever on the opposition benches, for those who believed he did anything last time around but be the FG whipping boy.

Advertisement