Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance renewal 31st Dec forgot to renew help!

• 02-01-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

The renewal date passes I forgot to call them to renew it. Been trying to call them since but of course no one there.can I renew it or does all my time with them now lapse?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think once you renew within 13 weeks it is ok - but I would do it as soon as possible just to be safe

Some info: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/health_insurance/private_health_insurance.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bobbles Smobbles

You have the first 14 days from the renewal date to make changes and accept the cost for the coming year...after that you will enter a 12 month till the following renewal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

screamer wrote: »
    The renewal date passes I forgot to call them to renew it. Been trying to call them since but of course no one there.can I renew it or does all my time with them now lapse?

Some of them auto-renew, check the renewal notice they sent...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bobbles Smobbles

Some of them auto-renew, check the renewal notice they sent...

All health insurance policies auto renew hence the 14 day rule and CPC code which states members must have their renewal documents at least 15 day in advance of renewal. ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

All health insurance policies auto renew hence the 14 day rule and CPC code which states members must have their renewal documents at least 15 day in advance of renewal. ðŸ˜႒

Did not want to say "all" in case there was some weird exception that I was not aware of for some odd policy type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

With the exception of motor policies, most insurance policies have a certain number of 'days of grace' whereby cover continues in case you meant to renew but forgot i.e. to cater for this exact type of scenario. Ring them in the morning, I doubt that they will consider this to be a break in cover as tomorrow (Mon. Jan 4th) is the next business day after your policy expired.

Advertisement