Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awesome Games Done Quick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Less than an hour to get through Super Metroid with 2 people using one controller? Crazy

Was the record too. Pretty fun watch.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Didn't some guy make a complete eejit out of himself last year with his commentary?

theres always a few super cringe moments at these. I love the event though, absolutely amazing to see games getting crushed six ways from sunday and the atmosphere is always great too. Something to look forward to post-christmas :p

heres clips of the cringe, the "i'd really prefer if you'd be quiet" one is just.... gaaahhh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That "can you stop?" girl is the perfect example of the modern narcissist.

Thousands of people donating their time and money for charity must now stop what they are doing, because this is all about me! The event lasts an entire week. She picked OOT because the room was full, and it had the most views.

Kirby wrote: »
    That "can you stop?" girl is the perfect example of the modern narcissist.

Thousands of people donating their time and money for charity must now stop what they are doing, because this is all about me! The event lasts an entire week. She picked OOT because the room was full, and it had the most views.

she now works for them. my source said "apparently she banned constumes" and "being distracting in the background" which is utterly hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

BMMachine wrote: »
    theres always a few super cringe moments at these. I love the event though, absolutely amazing to see games getting crushed six ways from sunday and the atmosphere is always great too. Something to look forward to post-christmas :p

heres clips of the cringe, the "i'd really prefer if you'd be quiet" one is just.... gaaahhh :o

Oh my god, they are excruciating to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That Gimmick run was insane. You may not think it from looking at the guys playing it but even finishing that game is insanely hard let alone getting the secret ending and speed running it. I have the game myself and it's up there as one of the hardest NES games ever made.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That Gimmick run was insane. You may not think it from looking at the guys playing it but even finishing that game is insanely hard let alone getting the secret ending and speed running it. I have the game myself and it's up there as one of the hardest NES games ever made.

the Battle Kid 2: Mountain of Torment before that was also amazing. totally worth checking out

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

the Battle Kid 2: Mountain of Torment before that was also amazing. totally worth checking out

I was completely mezmorised by it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

****ing PAL NES. Crappy 50Hz ruining games!

Big Jon commenting Battletoads, is he doing any runs this year, he's usually more entertaining than the runs!

• Advertisement

Big Jon commenting Battletoads, is he doing any runs this year, he's usually more entertaining than the runs!

Nope. He was banned from running any games this time and security nearly threw him out when he arrived. He's been told he can stay, but not run anything. The event has gotten so PC and sterile due to the higher ups that you have to be PG at all times.

The lad Noir who ran the Half-life 2 run wont be invited back again after the jokes he made. They told him to tone it down mid run and after what happened last year, they will do it quietly so as not to start a reddit riot but he wont be back. It's a shame really. It's ridiculous that they are running M rated games with guys heads being blown off and yet Mike Uyama wants it to be PG. It's like they have forgotten what made the event successful in the first place. Personality and having fun.

That's really disappointing. Always loved watching his runs.

Donkey Kong block was excellent. Mario up next. They are starting with Kaizo Mario which is ridiculous for anyone who hasnt seen it before, its well worth the watch.

Pulling a late one for Mario block.

Not the biggest DKC fan but the speedruns are always a highlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

did they just read out a donation from Mr Vestek (using his GoodGuyGreg adverts username)?

Hold on so the HL2 guy was banned for the 'wood' comments...

FFS it was stupid but that's some PC bull****.

Not officially. His run is over and hes still there watching. But people who made jokes like that have never been allowed to run again. You have to apply every GDQ to run games and there is little doubt he wont be chosen again. They didnt throw him out like last years suicide guy because of the controversey it caused. They will just shadow ban him.

Hold on so the HL2 guy was banned for the 'wood' comments...

FFS it was stupid but that's some PC bull****.

can you be specific? I watched his run and didnt pick up on anything untoward. What exactly were the wood comments?

edit - apparently not banned: http://i.imgur.com/VADEOrz.jpg

Kirby wrote: »
    Not officially. His run is over and hes still there watching. But people who made jokes like that have never been allowed to run again. You have to apply every GDQ to run games and there is little doubt he wont be chosen again. They didnt throw him out like last years suicide guy because of the controversey it caused. They will just shadow ban him.

More than likely if what I'm reading about Big Jon. He was banned because he showed a copy of NES Open Golf at SGDQ and was banned for apparently anti golfer remarks? Like what, is that real?
    can you be specific? I watched his run and didnt pick up on anything untoward. What exactly were the wood comments?

Took me a while to pick up on it too because of how petty it is but more than likely it was the Dr. Mossman take my wood when he was hitting her on the head with the wood splinter to make her teleport.

This Kaizo run is epic. :D

• Advertisement

This run is f**king great.

but all that drama and cringe does remind me that sometimes 'gamers' are just the worst people

LOL, owns Kaizo, dies 5 seconds into regular Mario 3

Mike Tyson's Punch Out blindfolded coming up, that game is near impossible to beat, let alone blindfolded.

They both pulled it off. Close race too.

Wasn't interested in Stepmania but my god is it worth tuning in for, it's absolutely insane! Switch it on right now!

makes TGM3 look like a doddle.

Megaman time :D

Big Jon on the couch as well.

Big Jon is one of my favorite runners, pity he didn't get to run NES Golf this week, maybe at SGDQ.

• Advertisement

I will never for the life of me understand the use of the word "hype" in the way its used nowadays amongst gamers. dumb culture

Advertisement