Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Box One

• 02-01-2016 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

Good Evening and A Happy New Year to you all.

Is it possible to play games on the X-Box one (FIFA 16 to be exact) without connecting to the internet, and if so, how can this be set up??
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Up Donegal wrote: »
    Good Evening and A Happy New Year to you all.

Is it possible to play games on the X-Box one (FIFA 16 to be exact) without connecting to the internet, and if so, how can this be set up??
    Thanks.

Do you have it as a digital download? If so you change your xbox to be your home Xbone in the settings and you should be able to play offline. It's in settings, personalisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

I'm not up to date with some of the computer terminology but I take it that what you mean by 'digital download' is that I downloaded the game from the internet. Well, I bought the game disc separately. The main reason for my post is that my son keeps asking me to purchase extras which will allow him to create or have access to more teams/players.

I'm not up to date with some of the computer terminology but I take it that what you mean by 'digital download' is that I downloaded the game from the internet. Well, I bought the game disc separately. The main reason for my post is that my son keeps asking me to purchase extras which will allow him to create or have access to more teams/players.

You will be fine then. The game plays perfectly well without the Internet. Only when it's online will it check for updates.

Tell him that skills will exceed spending in the end and enjoy the game or you could spend a small fortune.

Thanks for that.

Thanks for that.

No bother, you can keep the console offline if you want as well.

• Advertisement

How do I keep the console offline? Can this be done using the settings that you referred to in your first reply?

How do I keep the console offline? Can this be done using the settings that you referred to in your first reply?

Yeah, just go into settings network and select 'offline'

At least he won't be pestered and enticed by the add ons if he is offline,they are great at marketing as they know that the parents get stuck with the bill :D

Thanks again.
    I have heard what I can only call 'horror stories' about parents/guardians creating accounts for their children's online games for what they believed was perhaps a small payment now and again, but when they got their credit card bill, they had been hit for hundreds, maybe thousands of Euro.

Thanks again.
    I have heard what I can only call 'horror stories' about parents/guardians creating accounts for their children's online games for what they believed was perhaps a small payment now and again, but when they got their credit card bill, they had been hit for hundreds, maybe thousands of Euro.

It's does happen if it's not controlled, especially if a card is linked to the account, its very easy to buy and temptation is easy with kids.

Message me if you need help or anything. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Hi amadablam, not wanting to hijack this thread, but you seem to know what you're about ! ..... My query is similar, son got Xbox360 for Christmas, he has minecraft, and is playing away with no problems , and have no real interest in playing "online", Xbox is connected to the WiFi, but can

• Advertisement

.....(sorry, post 2of2...)....can't seems to find out how to load Netflix and YouTube apps on Xbox ??..... Thanks in advance for any advice !

cathalj wrote: »
    .....(sorry, post 2of2...)....can't seems to find out how to load Netflix and YouTube apps on Xbox ??..... Thanks in advance for any advice !

Have you went into the apps section and installed the relevant apps?

amadablam wrote:
    Have you went into the apps section and installed the relevant apps?

Nope, couldn't even manage to find that !........ I'll have a look tomorrow and post back here, cheers for your help !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cathalj wrote: »

Search for Netflix in the Marketplace.

Advertisement