Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet urine in hotel bed !!!!!!

Options
  • 02-01-2016 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

My hubby treated me to a 2 day stay away at a hotel in Wexford. I'm pregnant so it was an early night. I got into bed and was sitting on a wet sheet. When I practically jumped out of the bed I looked to see it was wet with urine from the previous occupant. Obviously I'm going to complain to the hotel manager but is there an outside organisation I can complain to as this is a huge hygiene issue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

That is appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Cerocco wrote: »
    My hubby treated me to a 2 day stay away at a hotel in Wexford. I'm pregnant so it was an early night. I got into bed and was sitting on a wet sheet. When I practically jumped out of the bed I looked to see it was wet with urine from the previous occupant. Obviously I'm going to complain to the hotel manager but is there an outside organisation I can complain to as this is a huge hygiene issue

Urine is sterile when it leaves the body.

The question is whether the sheets were changed or not, perhaps the mattress was wet and the staff didn't notice it when changing the sheets.

I don't quite understand why you say you will take it up with the manager. Why have you not done so already yet you took the time to post on a forum.

If you have left the hotel then I'd be inclined to start with management and then leave a Tripadvisor review if you don't reach a satisfactory conclusion. If you're still there then you need to call the manager now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Internet Ham

Urine for a rough stay.

I will see myself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

athtrasna wrote: »
    Urine is sterile when it leaves the body.

The question is whether the sheets were changed or not, perhaps the mattress was wet and the staff didn't notice it when changing the sheets.

I don't quite understand why you say you will take it up with the manager. Why have you not done so already yet you took the time to post on a forum.

If you have left the hotel then I'd be inclined to start with management and then leave a Tripadvisor review if you don't reach a satisfactory conclusion. If you're still there then you need to call the manager now.

I want to take it further than hotel management as there is clearly a hygiene issue in this hotel. If a wet bed isn't spotted when the room is serviced they have a serious problem

• Registered Users Posts: 69,036 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Why on earth have you taken to here to complain before complaining to the hotel??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

How do you know it is urine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What did the Hotel say and what action did they take?

L1011 wrote: »
    Why on earth have you taken to here to complain before complaining to the hotel??

I did complain to the management when we left 1 day early. The hotel manager is off until Monday so will e-mail her on Monday as I want it top of her e-mail inbox.

davo10 wrote: »
    How do you know it is urine?

Wet yellow tinged stain

• Registered Users Posts: 69,036 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I did complain to the management when we left 1 day early. The hotel manager is off until Monday so will e-mail her on Monday as I want it top of her e-mail inbox.

What did the hotel staff do when you complained - more specifically, did they move rooms?

• Advertisement

What did the Hotel say and what action did they take?

The duty manager changed us to a different room, offered us dinner the next night and and upgrade to a suite on the second night. Also offered a spa treatment. To be fair he was mortified and tried his best but we left first thing next morning

The duty manager changed us to a different room, offered us dinner the next night and and upgrade to a suite on the second night. Also offered a spa treatment. To be fair he was mortified and tried his best but we left first thing next morning

Opportunity missed. A lot of upgrades are received when hotels/airlines/restaurants make mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You will probably find it was done by a disgruntled staff member who was probably leaving the hotel's employment and wanted to get back at them for something. Very little a hotel could do about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Wet yellow tinged stain

Apple Juice ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

That sounds like a perfectly reasonable response on the part of the hotel. What are you expecting the hotel manager is going to do differently?

Apple Juice ?

Tea?

Back to original question is there an external body I can report this hotel to?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Court of human rights? Are you highly offended?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Joe Duffy is your man.

Seriously the hotel tried to make amends which you rebuffed. What more can an external body achieve? Other than to 'name and shame'?

Edited to add: for they are a chain then the head office. Bord failte if they are using stars etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Are you sure it was ''wet'' urine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The hotel are probably victims in this too so why report them to anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Sounds like they offered you quite a few incentives to stay and help them make it up to you but you decided to cut your nose off to spite your face.

There's been worse than pee on the mattresses of the beds you've slept on in hotel rooms, to be fair.

Sounds like they offered you quite a few incentives to stay and help them make it up to you but you decided to cut your nose off to spite your face.

There's been worse than pee on the mattresses of the beds you've slept on in hotel rooms, to be fair.

This is why I don't like sleeping in hotel beds! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Perhaps your waters burst.

Lisha wrote: »
    This is why I don't like sleeping in hotel beds! :(

I ask for a mattress protector when booking ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Internet Ham

You really turned your nose up at a pretty great apology package. I may have to piss in a bed on my next hotel stay.

I ask for a mattress protector when booking ;)

Freaking genius ! :)

You really turned your nose up at a pretty great apology package. I may have to piss in a bed on my next hotel stay.

It'll be the new scam, pour some tea on the mattress and then call down stairs in disgust and distress in the hopes of a free meal and a suite upgrade :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

We live in an age of perpetually outraged and offended people. Nothing the hotel could do to appease some.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

superg wrote: »
    We live in an age of perpetually outraged and offended people. Nothing the hotel could do to appease some.

All joking aside its not much to ask for clean sheets in a hotel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement