Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling House Overseas Resident - PPS Number required?

• 02-01-2016 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi

I've read elsewhere here that one of the things required when it comes to sell a house is your PPS No.?

Is this true? And if so, as I'm now resident outside Ireland, what happens to my PPS No.?

Does it always remain my PPS No.?

And if not, what is the implications / solution when I eventually sell?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

scot1964 wrote: »
    Of course. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

scot1964 wrote: »
    Hi

I've read elsewhere here that one of the things required when it comes to sell a house is your PPS No.?

Is this true? And if so, as I'm now resident outside Ireland, what happens to my PPS No.?

And if not, what is the implications / solution when I eventually sell?

Thanks

It always remains YOUR PPS number (although mine was still an RSI number when I left Ireland 20 years ago).

The thing you need to be careful about is CGT - Irish property remains subject to Irish CGT. When you come to sell, you'll need to prove no gain arises, or get a tax clearance cert. Otherwise the purchaser has to withhold 15% on account of possible CGT.

Advertisement