Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to Conceive 2016 onwards Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Holly, I had the exact same type of non-period and it was a BFN. Tbh I'm not sure what it was

I honestly was not expecting the test to be positive, I really just did it to confirm that I wasn't pregnant and I could keep an eye on the signs for ovulation in a few weeks. It hasn't sunk in yet. But I'm reluctant to get my hopes up as I know from past experience (and from other posters here) that early pregnancies are fragile. I'll try not to worry, what will be will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I honestly was not expecting the test to be positive, I really just did it to confirm that I wasn't pregnant and I could keep an eye on the signs for ovulation in a few weeks. It hasn't sunk in yet. But I'm reluctant to get my hopes up as I know from past experience (and from other posters here) that early pregnancies are fragile. I'll try not to worry, what will be will be.

Congratulations holly! Take it easy and enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Congrats Holly! :) take it easy and enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

Omg I didn't see your update when I posted! Congratulations that's amazing x

I'm afraid to say I'm pretty sure my hopes have been dashed. I had a bloated feeling all day followed by dark blood at lunch which I wasn't too worried about but I had bright red blood this evening (like a period)...enough to require a pad. Thankfully I'm not working this weekend so I'm going to take it easy and attend my GP appointment on Monday morning. I'll just see how things go but I presume he'll advise me to do another test in a week to confirm mc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I'm afraid to say I'm pretty sure my hopes have been dashed. I had a bloated feeling all day followed by dark blood at lunch which I wasn't too worried about but I had bright red blood this evening (like a period)...enough to require a pad. Thankfully I'm not working this weekend so I'm going to take it easy and attend my GP appointment on Monday morning. I'll just see how things go but I presume he'll advise me to do another test in a week to confirm mc.

So sorry to hear this. Hope you're doing ok xx

Really sorry to hear this- take it easy x

Thanks, obviously it's very disappointing but I'm glad it happened so early as I hadn't allowed myself to believe it (self preservation!). If I do fall pregnant again I know I'm going to be so anxious whenever I feel a twinge or need to go to the bathroom, but there's not much I can do about that.

My husband and I are going to take tomorrow off work and have day at home once I visit my GP in the morning. I'm going to put my feet up today and share a bottle of wine and a takeaway. For whatever reason this pregnancy was not meant to be but I'll take solace in the fact that I actually got pregnant, albeit briefly, so hopefully the next one will stick :)

Holly, that is a very positive way to look at it! :) we DTD few times this week but I'm not expecting anything to come out of it either because it was only our first month 'trying'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Holly, that is a very positive way to look at it! :) we DTD few times this week but I'm not expecting anything to come out of it either because it was only our first month 'trying'

Exactly what I thought. 40 weeks later and there was a baba in the bed beside me. Best of luck.

Holly I'm so sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you this time. You are looking at things in a remarkably positive light and you're right - it's great that you conceived, miscarriages are common even in people without fertility problems, and I'm sure better news will come your way soon.

Best of luck at the GP tomorrow. Shall be thinking of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I have spotting on day 15/ 16 of cycle. Never had spotting before in my life but Dr. Google tells me it's just a sign of healthy ovulation.

This might be a weird question.
    I have an app on.my.phone "Flo" just to track dates and every time I get to the days where I am supposed to be ovulating I feel like I get cramps like a mini period pain. This month I have the period type pain for a few days!
    Does anyone else experience this ...I am wondering if it's all in my head just because I'm looking at the app!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

laylag wrote: »
    This might be a weird question.
    I have an app on.my.phone "Flo" just to track dates and every time I get to the days where I am supposed to be ovulating I feel like I get cramps like a mini period pain. This month I have the period type pain for a few days!
    Does anyone else experience this ...I am wondering if it's all in my head just because I'm looking at the app!

I get this too for me its ovulation pain, usually a couple of paracetamol eases the pain. Like you I never noticed this until we started TTC

I've stopped spotting since our loss last week and I've just had a negative test (funny how that's suddenly a welcome result) so I don't want to wait to start ttc again. I would imagine waiting a month or two for my body to recover would be recommended if I had been further along but I presume it's okay if I feel I'm ready?

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Unless you've had complications then the reason they suggest a gap is to make it easier to date your pregnancy. If your doctor is ok with it, and you are, do what feels right for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

I miscarried at 6weeks and conceived 2weeks later, currently 15+5 so no reason to avoid trying again. I did have 2 miscarriage 2 months apart though which was very tough as the 1st MC was still so raw. It didn't stop me trying straight away though. Keep taking your folic acid etc & best of luck x

I miscarried at 6weeks and conceived 2weeks later, currently 15+5 so no reason to avoid trying again. I did have 2 miscarriage 2 months apart though which was very tough as the 1st MC was still so raw. It didn't stop me trying straight away though. Keep taking your folic acid etc & best of luck x

Thank you for the advice and I'm so happy to hear you're expecting again after your losses.

Why does everything feel like a symptom? :rolleyes:
    I keep googling early symptoms like a maniac. Are my breasts actually bigger than normal or is it my imagination....

phi3 wrote:
    Why does everything feel like a symptom? I keep googling early symptoms like a maniac. Are my breasts actually bigger than normal or is it my imagination....

Haha! Totally.
    For the first couple of months of trying I was convinced I was pregnant when I was a day or so late. Googling implantation pains which turned out to be period pains. I am convinced you could type in any symptoms into Google and early pregnancy would be one of the results! Still no luck for me but am only trying since Feb. I've calmed down now though...I was doing pregnancy tests after a day late at the start!

Glad to see it ain't just me who google everything!! Think it is because we are more tuned in about our body now we are thinking about it! Only started this month but we stopped being careful last month so I did a test after one day late.

I also feels crazy that I started feeling like we should pick up bits in sales or deals as it happen like next sales or prams for example!! Even though I'm not pregnant yet!!lol

• Advertisement

DEMENTED

Had some spotting on day 15/16 of cycle.
    I just noticed some bleeding again today - day 24.
    Period not due for another 5 days.
    No idea if this is a period or more spotting as I only just noticed it.
    Have to wait and see I suppose. Not able......

It is like if our patience disappears once we started TTC!! 😂

I may have found myself in a situation where MIL is aware we are TTC :( stupidly left our pregncare supplements in her kitchen as we were dogsitting over weekend.....

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

The supplements such as folic acid and others are excellent for hair, skin and nails so if you don't want to admit it to her this early, tell her you saw it on a blog and it's a new beauty craze and all your mates are taking them.

The folic acid thing is true by the way. I'm not TTC but I still take folic acid as I'm prone to flakey nails.

I won't be able to say that when it is pregncare and I got dual packet- for him and for her :P but it turned out to be his sister's pregnancy ones not our conception ones thankfully!! The eejit texted me panicking! Was quite relieved to be honest- I know it is no biggie but I just dont want people to know we are TTC.

I found when I started eating better (I was switching between juices and 'clean' & raw food) my nails got a lot stronger but before it used to break easily and could never grow them long

Me too. Def seeing the benefits of folic acid in my nails!
    My period is not due for 8 days but getting the pains this evening so reckon this is another month with no luck. No googling for me tonight, lord knows it'll tell me it's some kind of early pregnancy symptoms and I'll get my hopes up! Time will tell tho!

Well did a first response pregnancy test and it was negative so whatever bleeding is going on is not Implantation. Now just have to work out why I am bleeding before I should be. This is a mine field. Not sure I can go through this every month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

phi3 wrote: »
    Well did a first response pregnancy test and it was negative so whatever bleeding is going on is not Implantation. Now just have to work out why I am bleeding before I should be. This is a mine field. Not sure I can go through this every month.

You're still 4 days away from the day you're period is due right? That puts you at roughly 10dpo? Still very early to be testing, even with a first response, I wouldn't give up hope. These are some stats you might find interesting (or that will wreck your head) for First Response. Fingers crossed for you.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/brand-chart.php?hptbrandid=1

xalot wrote: »
    You're still 4 days away from the day you're period is due right? That puts you at roughly 10dpo? Still very early to be testing, even with a first response, I wouldn't give up hope. These are some stats you might find interesting (or that will wreck your head) for First Response. Fingers crossed for you.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/brand-chart.php?hptbrandid=1

Thanks. Might try it again next week or something. I'm really new to all this so not entirely sure what I'm doing!

My period is due in 2 days and I'd really love to know whether it'll come or not..... Not a patient person at all!lol

• Advertisement

My period is due in 2 days and I'd really love to know whether it'll come or not..... Not a patient person at all!lol

Mine is due in 3. I have a sinking feeling it will come coz I've been getting the usual cramp type pains. Always a little chunk of hope though until it actually happens. Fingers crossed for u!

Advertisement