Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to Conceive 2016 onwards Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If you've a fairly regular cycle, there's no need to do it from CD1 but as far as I can remember they suggest you start testing from CD 8 or 9. So maybe a week after your period start testing?

Be warned, the LH surge is short and in some cases only last a few hours. A few months I missed it - I assumed it happened overnight. But those months I was also getting my bloods done so I knew from that method I had ovulated and when. Best bet is to get the real cheapies and wee on them to your hearts content. I used to get min from accessdiagnostics.co.uk and found them great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I'm not sure then because I did it one month ages before we started ttc in just to have an idea and I never got a positive....

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

My period is due tomorrow and I'm pretty sure it's on the way. I always get a horrible pain in my right shoulder the day before. Ah well. Fingers crossed for next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I don't know why I never logged into this thread considering how much time I've spent on boards through the years...

Anyways I'm TTC number two, trying since January. Miscarried in April at 7 weeks. Trying since. I've never gotten as far as cycle 4 and I'm finding the emotions crap. I'm currently 8DPO (I track BBT and badly track CM) and waiting. And I hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Hi everyone,

Currently going through CP # 2 and have previously had a MC. All consecutive, no successful pregnancies to date.

Has anyone else been here? Is there any hope? Was on progesterone and baby aspirin this time but didn't make any difference. Going to my GP next week to discuss where to go from here.

Can anyone offer any hope? 37 and low amh but seem to get pregnant reasonably easily. Just can't sustain one.

Was trying to believe it really was just bad luck but I think it's unlikely at this stage.

Edit to add had all the standard blood tests after 2nd loss but nothing showed up and have also had a full thrombophilia screening too which was normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Hi everyone,

Currently going through CP # 2 and have previously had a MC. All consecutive, no successful pregnancies to date.

Has anyone else been here? Is there any hope? Was on progesterone and baby aspirin this time but didn't make any difference. Going to my GP next week to discuss where to go from here.

Can anyone offer any hope? 37 and low amh but seem to get pregnant reasonably easily. Just can't sustain one.

Was trying to believe it really was just bad luck but I think it's unlikely at this stage.

Edit to add had all the standard blood tests after 2nd loss but nothing showed up and have also had a full thrombophilia screening too which was normal.

I had two mcs before my successful pregnancy. Have 13 month old twins now.

First mc was a natural pregnancy, second was an IVF pregnancy. My successful pregnancy was also IVF.

Best of luck with it. x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I bought the Clearblue Digital Fertility Monitor. I have no idea why I bought it really. I thought it would have all the ovulation tests in it but it doesn't. Seems a bit pointless really. I just wanted to get an idea when I start ovulation. Should have just got ovulation sticks. Typical- throwing money at a problem.

I'm out. Fairly devastated this morning. At least I didn't waste any money on tests. AF arrived bang on time.

Cycle 5 after the miscarriage. Trying since February. I'm not sure how much more of this I can do. I don't know how anyone does it. This is literally the worst feeling, completely and utterly out of my control. I feel broken. And I'm one of the lucky ones, I've got one toddler :(

CD1. Now to decide if I want to go back to preventing and taking an entire break for a month or keep going. Due date was December, thats kind of pushing me on but if I keep trying and am still not pregnant by then I'm worried that will break me. I can't even imagine still trying at that stage. I couldn't have imagined still trying at this stage. I already feel like I'm clearly doing something wrong. I'm temping, OPKs and tracking fluid. We're hitting the right time of the month for definite. The first twice I've gotten pregnant I fell the first and second cycles (I had been tracking before them). This time, nothing. I was so bloody lucky then.

There’s no innocence or naivety left. I've moved from one set of worries to a new set. A newborn is hard work. Pregnancy is hard work. And now getting pregnant is hard work.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You are where I was last year Mirrorwall.

A family wedding was on the same day as my due date so it wasn't a day I could just get on with ordinary stuff or hide away and wallow. Then I became kind of obsessed with being pregnant by that day as it felt like the only way I could get through the day. Even my outfit was planned to allow for any potential baby bump. It was fine in the end even though I wasn't pregnant on the day. I even had a nice time, surprisingly.

I started to really resent TTC. I resented the clinic process. I began to resent other folk getting duffed at the drop of a hat. I avoided this thread for a good while because the insta-duffed folk just highlighted my own lack of success. I began to fear doing a pregnancy test because I felt it would only end in an inevitable miscarriage. As it happens, I got one chemical pregnancy and that was all. Due to my age, we called it a day rather than take a break. And that took a while to process too, but time does heal and I'm ok now. I'm even happy. I've came away from the whole TTC ordeal with an amazing kid and I'm very lucky. I think the OH still daydreams about us having another baby and hopes it'll happen, but I'm past that stage and glad to have TTC behind me. I'd 8 years of it and I was spent emotionally.

If you need to take a break from all the charting and tracking, do. I took the summer off last year and it really did me and my headspace a lot of good. All I did was log my CD1 period starting for those months and that was it. If you need to take a couple of months out, it can only do you good.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

I'm out. Fairly devastated this morning. At least I didn't waste any money on tests. AF arrived bang on time.

Cycle 5 after the miscarriage. Trying since February. I'm not sure how much more of this I can do. I don't know how anyone does it. This is literally the worst feeling, completely and utterly out of my control. I feel broken. And I'm one of the lucky ones, I've got one toddler :(

CD1. Now to decide if I want to go back to preventing and taking an entire break for a month or keep going. Due date was December, thats kind of pushing me on but if I keep trying and am still not pregnant by then I'm worried that will break me. I can't even imagine still trying at that stage. I couldn't have imagined still trying at this stage. I already feel like I'm clearly doing something wrong. I'm temping, OPKs and tracking fluid. We're hitting the right time of the month for definite. The first twice I've gotten pregnant I fell the first and second cycles (I had been tracking before them). This time, nothing. I was so bloody lucky then.

There’s no innocence or naivety left. I've moved from one set of worries to a new set. A newborn is hard work. Pregnancy is hard work. And now getting pregnant is hard work.

I'm so sorry mirrorwall, I can really hear your heartaches now your words. Have you had day 3 & 21 bloods done with your gp? if you're near Dublin Dr Kent Ayres saw me after my 2nd MC and treated me through the 1st trimester of this pregnancy. I know Drs say it can take 6mths for women to conceive with no problems at all but it might give you some peace of mind x

• Advertisement

Thank you everyone. This morning was so hard. I was so good, not testing of course hoping that I wouldn't need a squinter that I'd just be that person with a blazing positive. Instead I never even made it to the test. I had been dreaming about miscarriages last night which really didn't help my mental state.

Doing better this afternoon though I am crying again now. We're going to have a proper chat about it and make a joint decision. Next cycle is literally the worst cycle of the year for a secondary school teacher to get pregnant so there's a bit to consider. I'd be going out just before the state exams and if I had a pregnancy like my last I'd be going just on top of their practical exams. Then I'd be using all my maternity leave on the summer holidays and would be due back in November. Given how I'm feeling it might just be the month to take a break.

I will continue tracking BBT even if we take a break because I had an unexpected 37 day cycle last month and that was horrendous because I hadn't tracked and didn't know what was going on (I'm normally 26-27). I just got a memory function one though which is so much better for my sleep as I can just turn over and record it later.

I have to keep reminding myself that it's been a rough few months and stress in the house is probably not helping. Between miscarriage, uncertain job security for my husband and foot surgery resulting in 6 weeks stuck in the house with my lad it's been a pretty rough 4 months.

Mirrorwall- I'm relatively new to TTC craic but a break could just be what you mean- I know they say you can't 'plan' due dates but I can see why you wouldn't like it to happen next month so it would be a good month to take break and be good to yourself like go for pampers and have plenty laughs :)

Phi3, I'm not familiar with fertility monitors but hopefully someone can help.

I got my bloods back this week and I'm very low in vit D so need to collect prescription for that. She said my day 21 is good but it seems low at 11.2 I thought it is meant to be a lot higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 happy_out15

I had a d&c at the end of May and my first period came 28 days later. However I have not gotten my second period since-nearly 8 weeks. I am definitely not pregnant. I just want to start trying again but we can't as I don't know know what's going on with my body. It's just all very hard and upsetting. Anyone else been through this?

Hi. I need some expert advice aka you guys... I did a first response test today. Period should be due tomorrow but been getting spotting all month so not sure what to expect. Anyway the first response showed 2 lines but looked a bit faint to me. I've bought a digital one to use tomorrow or Monday. Might make more sense. Does the attached look like a positive to ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

phi3 wrote: »
    Hi. I need some expert advice aka you guys... I did a first response test today. Period should be due tomorrow but been getting spotting all month so not sure what to expect. Anyway the first response showed 2 lines but looked a bit faint to me. I've bought a digital one to use tomorrow or Monday. Might make more sense. Does the attached look like a positive to ye?

That looks positive to me. The pregnancy line is the stronger of the two, it is the other line that is fainter.

Test first thing in the morning as that is the best time, but my guess would be that you are pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

phi3 wrote:

Looks like a positive to me too! Def do another one in the morning. I got a positive in July and Did about 4 tests!!
    Good luck!! X

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That looks like what my test was like this time around! The "test" line is the one on the left, the right is the control line (shows that you used enough pee) That test line looks pretty positive to me!

Did another test this morning. 2 strong pink lines this time. S**t just got real...

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

phi3 wrote:
    Did another test this morning. 2 strong pink lines this time. S**t just got real...

Congrats!!!

Congratulations!!! :D You'll have to tell us what you did or give tips! Think we decided not to 'try' this month because I went for kinesiology and she said there is a fungal infection which is bringing my reproduction system down as it ain't letting it absorb iron fully. I also put on some weight so could do with getting rid of that.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I'm not letting it sink in yet because I am still getting spotting so it feels like there could be a problem. I was at the doctor last week to get full bloods and tests done to see i was getting the bleeding. Didn't know I was pregnant then so I'll have to wait for the results of that and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Thanks. I'm not letting it sink in yet because I am still getting spotting so it feels like there could be a problem. I was at the doctor last week to get full bloods and tests done to see i was getting the bleeding. Didn't know I was pregnant then so I'll have to wait for the results of that and see what they say.

Congratulations and best of luck with your pregnancy. Spotting is super super common in the first trimester so hopefully all is okay. I remember you posting before you started TTC about all the mixed emotions that can go with it. You still have plenty of time for "sh*t to get realler", because pregnancy is the longest 40 weeks of your life!

Congratulations and best of luck with your pregnancy. Spotting is super super common in the first trimester so hopefully all is okay. I remember you posting before you started TTC about all the mixed emotions that can go with it. You still have plenty of time for "sh*t to get realler", because pregnancy is the longest 40 weeks of your life!

Yes I think when I hear back from the doctor and see how things are I'll be able to get my head around it a bit better. Very early days too.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Congratulations!! Try not to stress too much about the spotting - it's super common in early pregnancy; I bled for about 2 weeks between weeks 5 and 7 on my son. An early ultrasound can help put your mind at ease, however they recommend not doing them before 6 weeks because the heartbeat is only detectable from 6 weeks onwards. Sh*t will get real for you throughout the whole 40 weeks, but then when you think it's all finished, it gets SUPER real when they hand you the kid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 babybaby2017

Ladies
    I'd like to get yer opinion please. I had a missed miscarriage in May.. 35 days til my next period.. . Next one 17days.. Next one 29 days. I'm now on day 35 and took test on cd33 and it was negative.... for 2 weeks I'm been feeling like my period is coming ... but no sign yet..really annoying me!! Had the tiniest bit of spotting when I wiped about 10 days ago and nothing since.. all dis is driving me mad!

Congratulations Phi3!! A line is a line or so they say!

Cycles can be completely mental after miscarriage tbh. Mine have varied from 24-37 (I'm 6 months post miscarriage).

We ended up giving it a try this month but we're way more relaxed about it- more a case that the timing happened to be good than obsessively tracking and timing it. We figure whatever happens we'll get over the maternity stuff if it arises

• Registered Users Posts: 32 babybaby2017

Cycles can be completely mental after miscarriage tbh. Mine have varied from 24-37 (I'm 6 months post miscarriage).

We ended up giving it a try this month but we're way more relaxed about it- more a case that the timing happened to be good than obsessively tracking and timing it. We figure whatever happens we'll get over the maternity stuff if it

Sorry to hear you miscarried too ... were ye trying long? Have u been tracking ovulation since miscarriage? I'm thinking of starting this month...stop me from guessing every ache!!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Have decided to start TTC for number 2. Thing is I'm totally freaking out! Things with No.1 were pretty much text book. Lucky on 3rd month trying, grand pregnancy other than **** morning sickness during first trimester and was very relaxed about the whole thing. We now have a happy healthy toddler. This time I'm totally stressed. I think It's cos this time I know what I'd be missing out on if anything went wrong If that makes sense. I know it's completely irrational but can't help it! Have mentioned it to OH but don't really have anyone else to talk through it with as I don't want to tell anyone we're about to start TTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GalwayDonegal

Hey hope everyone well.

My story is this. .. so me and hubby Ttc since January. I was due my time of month yesterday ( friday) but it has not arrived. I feel fatigued all well and o Thursday and last night my stomach felt at times crampy. So today is Saturday and I still don't have period. . In the afternoon I had to pee and I noticed the tiniest bit of brown discharge..it was the tiniest amount.

Done a pregnancy test and not pregnant.

Now bed time on Saturday night. . And no sign of my time of month. Normally my period is on time. Please help

• Advertisement

We ended up giving it a try this month but we're way more relaxed about it- more a case that the timing happened to be good than obsessively tracking and timing it. We figure whatever happens we'll get over the maternity stuff if it

Sorry to hear you miscarried too ... were ye trying long? Have u been tracking ovulation since miscarriage? I'm thinking of starting this month...stop me from guessing every ache!!

No, I tracked before/on my first (little boy-2.5) and got pregnant on the first cycle trying so I did the same this time. Tracked the month before we started, used BBT and OPKs once I started and we got pregnant on the 2nd cycle. To be fair, we knew we had missed the window on the first. Miscarried at 7 weeks luckily without hospital management required

I have found the TTC after the miscarriage in April to be horrible. Tracked BBT the first two cycles and were in the fertile window, nothing doing. Then took a month off tracking and my body went mental with an unexpected 37 day cycle. Despite this we had actually hit the fertile window but nothing doing. Cycle 4 again BBT, confirmed ovulation, hit the fertile window. Nothing doing. At least I've got my head around not testing before I'm late now and I'm not loosing my mind for a week a month.

Cycle 5 this month. I'm 8DPO now. Not testing until I'm overdue so Friday or Saturday for me if I my period hasn't arrived. The idea of hitting Cycle 6 is completely terrifying me considering I've never had trouble getting pregnant on my other two pregnancies

Advertisement