Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to Conceive 2016 onwards Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Hey hope everyone well.

My story is this. .. so me and hubby Ttc since January. I was due my time of month yesterday ( friday) but it has not arrived. I feel fatigued all well and o Thursday and last night my stomach felt at times crampy. So today is Saturday and I still don't have period. . In the afternoon I had to pee and I noticed the tiniest bit of brown discharge..it was the tiniest amount.

Done a pregnancy test and not pregnant.

Now bed time on Saturday night. . And no sign of my time of month. Normally my period is on time. Please help

They have a saying on the reddit forum trying for a baby "You are regular until you are not". Are you temping? Did you have confirmed ovulation with BBT (Basal Body temperature)?

Edit: Tone maybe a bit abrupt-I was there in July. Being late and not being pregnant is horrible. In my case I must have ovulated nearly 10 days late. It was totally pants looking at white tests while being overdue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

http://www.adverts.ie/13816379

I'm selling my clearblue fertility monitor on adverts.ie if anyone is looking for one. Never used :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maryclaire17

phi3 wrote: »

I'm selling my clearblue fertility monitor on adverts.ie if anyone is looking for one. Never used :)

Hi Phi3,

Just wondering how you got on with the doc re your spotting? The reason I ask is because I'm on my two week wait and I've been spotting since ovulation last week. So it's been 11 days now. Any insight would be great. Thanks.

Hi Phi3,

Just wondering how you got on with the doc re your spotting? The reason I ask is because I'm on my two week wait and I've been spotting since ovulation last week. So it's been 11 days now. Any insight would be great. Thanks.

I still have a bit of spotting but it's almost gone. I got tests done at the doctors but I haven't got results back yet. It's coming up for 2 weeks despite the fact that they told me I'd have the results in less than a week. I rang last week and will be ringing again tomorrow. I am so stressed about it to be honest. It's so frustrating that they won't give me my results. I have don't 3-4 pregnancy tests and they're all positive so I really need to talk to the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Heyholetsgo!

Hi ladies,
    I followed this post last yr. About 10Dpo I got brown discharge and thought period was coming. 2 days before period I was super hormonal so chanced a pregnancy test...it was positive! I got the faintest of pink lines. I did about 10 in total before I truly believed it! I continued to spot, mostly brown discharge on wipe, until about wk 7. I'm now the proud mama of a healthy 11 day old baby girl!
    Every pregnancy is different, sometimes the more you read the more your mind can hurt. Listen to your body and sometimes a break from internet reading can help.
    The very best of luck to you all xxxxx

• Advertisement

I still have a bit of spotting but it's almost gone. I got tests done at the doctors but I haven't got results back yet. It's coming up for 2 weeks despite the fact that they told me I'd have the results in less than a week. I rang last week and will be ringing again tomorrow. I am so stressed about it to be honest. It's so frustrating that they won't give me my results. I have don't 3-4 pregnancy tests and they're all positive so I really need to talk to the doctor.

I think I have my period now, unfortunately! It's very confusing as the spotting has been mostly light pink then sometimes red but it's gotten more like a light period in the last few days so I think it is now actually my period as I had some light cramps last night and I would be due my period now.

I have had regular spotting between periods here and there over the last 7 years but this was a bit different as it has been constant since I ovulated a week and a half ago.

That must be so frustrating for you but I hope you get some answers soon and I wish you the very best of luck!!

Cycle 6 arrived yesterday for me. Super frustrated with the whole process. Another day, another cycle. Another month tracking. But hey, thats the "worst" two months of the year for a teacher to have a baby with over. So I guess if I'm lucky I'll be one of the ones "avoiding" those months from a thread I was reading lately "Have you ever heard of a teacher having a baby in May"? Yes. And Yes I tried to. But my troll body refused to compute

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

I'm trying again this month.

Question that has my head wrecked. Do you count the first day of your period from the day you see spotting or the day you get an actual flow?

lunamoon wrote: »

Question that has my head wrecked. Do you count the first day of your period from the day you see spotting or the day you get an actual flow?

Depends on the month for me but mostly my spotting is flow by the end of the day and I count it if you get me? Otherwise I go by the "if I need a liner/pad/cup/tampon" then its day 1. If its only on wipe I write spotting.

I'm a bit head wrecked starting this cycle tbh. I think its because its cycle 6 and almost 6 months trying since the miscarriage. Everyone seems to be pregnant or have new borns around me :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

lunamoon wrote: »

The general guideline I've heard of is the first day of red flow. So brownish pink discharge would be not counted. It's no harm to log your spotting - I've the Ovia App and it's fairly good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Neyite wrote: »
    The general guideline I've heard of is the first day of red flow. So brownish pink discharge would be not counted. It's no harm to log your spotting - I've the Ovia App and it's fairly good.

I've already got 3 tracking apps:D

This month I'm trying by having sex every day second from day 8. However, I classed my first day of spotting (which started 8pm Friday night - the spotting always happens late in the day for me) as day 1. I think I should have counted Saturday as my day 1.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Possibly, I've never had the spotting thing so I'm not fully certain. Being a day out on your count shouldn't be a big deal. Ovum have a 12 hr lifespan, Sperm has up to 5 days, so as long as you are doing it every other day you are still doing what you need to do to get pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 babybaby2017

this month ive taken a very planned approach to TTC.. im tracking cycle with ovulation kit for the first time..which showed a smiley face on CD13 & ive done acupuncture last week and ive planned to do it for the next 2 weeks to see how things go. im hoping since I got the smiley face on cd13 my cycle might be regulating a bit....last month it ended up being 37days .. should be on 1dpo now so fingers crossed for 2 weeks time !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Straten

Hi all, we've decided to actively start ttc after a few obstacles in summer. I had the mirena coil out in may and got af from 19th June to 3rd August with two days stopped in the middle so that was tough going. Got a normal af for 7 days the end of Aug until early sept but I think we missed the ovulation window this month so just waiting for af again should all go to plan. I do have pcos but hoping it doesn't raise its head!! Looking forward to the journey ahead :)

this month ive taken a very planned approach to TTC.. im tracking cycle with ovulation kit for the first time..which showed a smiley face on CD13 & ive done acupuncture last week and ive planned to do it for the next 2 weeks to see how things go. im hoping since I got the smiley face on cd13 my cycle might be regulating a bit....last month it ended up being 37days .. should be on 1dpo now so fingers crossed for 2 weeks time !

Fingers crossed for you, shorter cycles are a little more manageable I think! I’ve only had one 37 day and I was tearing my hair out

Straten wrote: »
    Hi all, we've decided to actively start ttc after a few obstacles in summer. I had the mirena coil out in may and got af from 19th June to 3rd August with two days stopped in the middle so that was tough going. Got a normal af for 7 days the end of Aug until early sept but I think we missed the ovulation window this month so just waiting for af again should all go to plan. I do have pcos but hoping it doesn't raise its head!! Looking forward to the journey ahead :)

Fingers crossed it doesn’t come up. Good luck with it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Newlymrs

i've just started acupuncture too, have my second one this eve

Newlymrs wrote: »
    i've just started acupuncture too, have my second one this eve

Wat did u think of it ?

Hi all. Just a bit of info I thought I should share with ye. I had a scan thinking I was 7 weeks pregnant but they told me I am actually 11 weeks. Which means I got a normal period the first month I was pregnant. I have also had further spotting and bleeding but the baby looks perfectly healthy at the moment. Just sharing this in case it helps any of you. Good Luck.

Hi all. Just a bit of info I thought I should share with ye. I had a scan thinking I was 7 weeks pregnant but they told me I am actually 11 weeks. Which means I got a normal period the first month I was pregnant. I have also had further spotting and bleeding but the baby looks perfectly healthy at the moment. Just sharing this in case it helps any of you. Good Luck.

Wow, that's really interesting. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your pregnancy, glad to hear it's all going well!

• Advertisement

Wow phi3.. that's great ,,,, you are nearly at the 12weeks unknowns to yourself!

Wow phi3.. that's great ,,,, you are nearly at the 12weeks unknowns to yourself!

Yes it was a bit of a shock but once all is well that's all that matters

Oh wow that’s completely amazing!! Congratulations.

If you don’t mind me asking, were you temping?

Oh wow that’s completely amazing!! Congratulations.

If you don’t mind me asking, were you temping?

No I wasn't doing anything. Only started trying in May so was just seeing what happened for a while

No I wasn't doing anything. Only started trying in May so was just seeing what happened for a while

Thanks. The very best of luck and I hope everything goes well! That’s like my best case scenario-lose a month of worry 😜

Body seems to be having a wtf moment this month. ECM for my 5th day straight today. My OPKs aren't actually working (bad batch), I ran out of the ones that were. My temps are very strange. I'm testing out a yono in parallel to my thermometer. The Yono temps are proper nuts low e.g. 95??. My normal thermometer is bobbing down load in the 97's. Am I ovulating this week? I'm supposed to be. But who really knows! lol

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just have loads of sex anyway! Everyone's a winner :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Hi everyone,

Currently going through CP # 2 and have previously had a MC. All consecutive, no successful pregnancies to date.

Has anyone else been here? Is there any hope? Was on progesterone and baby aspirin this time but didn't make any difference. Going to my GP next week to discuss where to go from here.

Can anyone offer any hope? 37 and low amh but seem to get pregnant reasonably easily. Just can't sustain one.

Was trying to believe it really was just bad luck but I think it's unlikely at this stage.

Edit to add had all the standard blood tests after 2nd loss but nothing showed up and have also had a full thrombophilia screening too which was normal.

Just to give an update on this post, unexpectedly got pregnant again on the next cycle and will be 7 weeks tomorrow. Have a scan booked for next weekend and am crossing everything that there’s a heartbeat! Nervous times m, wishing away the weeks.

Best of luck to all x

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

That is great info- thank you for sharing. Congrats! :) any tips for rest of us?lol

Lol @ Tootsz, gotta say that's what we are trying this week!haha!! He came back to bed and got down to it- was a bit weird I gotta say cuz we couldn't kiss with this cold sore but he seemed determined lol which is nice in a way I guess.

Congrats hopeful2016!!! Everything crossed for you and keep us posted x

• Advertisement

Toots wrote: »
    Just have loads of sex anyway! Everyone's a winner :pac:

Lol. My horribly low libido is pissed with me. Four times in a week and not sure if that’s actually hit the window?! Meh :eek:

Advertisement