Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to Conceive 2016 onwards Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭apple26

My period arrived today so no luck this month - well I think it's my period, I have the usual cramps but light flow (again sorry if TMI). Part of me is still hoping that it's implantation bleeding but I don't think it is as my period was due tomorrow. I guess maybe our timing was out by a day or two. OH works shift work/nights so it's not easy to work around Ovulation and his work pattern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

Hi everyone just started TTC for number two so thought id join in the chat as found it helpful first time around. Just started the dreaded 2 week wait! best wishes to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Af came yesterday my cycles seems to be 25/26 days I have been using opks but I wonder am I ovulating earlier than I think. Only our second month and I'm cracking already! Foe this ttc #2 or more how long did it take with you're first?

It took me four months I definitely swear by preseed! The month I conceived I used the digital clear blue ovulation sticks and once I got the smiley faces I used the preseed and had sex three nights in a row. Will definitely try the same again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Jen44 wrote: »
    It took me four months I definitely swear by preseed! The month I conceived I used the digital clear blue ovulation sticks and once I got the smiley faces I used the preseed and had sex three nights in a row. Will definitely try the same again

What's preseed, Jen?

O/h ovulated last week so we went 5 days in a row, two days before, day of and two days after.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's a conception-friendly lube, it's meant to help create the best conditions to help the sperm survive and move to the egg.

Some lubes like KY and the like can reduce sperm survival time and mobility.

Toots wrote: »
    It's a conception-friendly lube, it's meant to help create the best conditions to help the sperm survive and move to the egg.

Some lubes like KY and the like can reduce sperm survival time and mobility.

Great, thanks, must look it up as we usually use lube of some kind anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Great, thanks, must look it up as we usually use lube of some kind anyway.

Can sometimes be hard to find in pharmacies but you can order it online from inhealth.ie and their packaging is very discrete!

We were out one day so they left the package with my 80 year old neighbour. Even though she didn't know what it was I was still mortified collecting lube from her ;-)

brokensoul wrote: »
    Can sometimes be hard to find in pharmacies but you can order it online from inhealth.ie and their packaging is very discrete!

We were out one day so they left the package with my 80 year old neighbour. Even though she didn't know what it was I was still mortified collecting lube from her ;-)

We are going to wait to see if anything happens next month otherwise will invest in it, thanks guys.

:)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Inhealth do it and I've seen it in Boots online but never in the store. I've heard that the tube is better value as opposed to the individual little packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AvyStreet

That sounds interesting. I wonder if theres any element of placebo effect to it.

I doubt it Avy the idea behind it really is for people who dont get a lot of EWCM, i had been monitoring my CM for the three months before it and while i got lots of creamy and watery mucous i never really got any EWCM. KY jelly and other lubes can damage sperm whereas preseed is lube that is especially made for trying to concieve its a water based lube and is designed to help sperm swim. It comes with an applicator so you can insert it inside before dtd....haha i sound like i work for preseed :) !! Just really think it is what worked for me last time. That being said it was my first month using the digital ovulation sticks which were so easy to understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Well have ended up with a positive pregnancy test, I'm super cautious as I had an ectopic last time so rather nervous this time. So it has not sunk in at all,rang early pregnancy unit as think I have to make sure it's not another ectopic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

i came on here to say all right ladies that i just found out what preseed actually does and was well off the mark to what i thought it was. ive gone and ordered my first batch of it. so am getting well excited to try it out. i ordered mine from amazon as found it a bit cheaper there to get.

Ordered mine too tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nellywelly

Huge congrats FunkSoulSista!
    Wishing you the very best with your pregnancy.

I'll be ttc #3 from next month after a miscarriage....feeling excited and scared!

Congrats funksoulsista brilliant news wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

Congratulations Funksoulsista that is great news!

Herself has noticed some whitish discharge and has been feeling a bit crampy the last 24 hours.

AF isn't due for at least another 4 or 5 days so she isn't sure what's happening. When she fell pregnant before she had period symptoms too.

We cant wait to see if AF arrives as I'm taking her to Prague next week for 3 nights and she doesn't want to drink if she is pregnant so she will do a test Monday or Tuesday.

I nearly feel sick thinking about it!!

Get her to use a first response test! I got my positive first time round with a first response on day 10 post ovulation. I got a really really faint line i tested the next day and got another faint line but when i tested with a clear blue digital it said not pregnant two days later my clear blue said pregnant 1-2

• Advertisement

Jen44 wrote: »
    Get her to use a first response test! I got my positive first time round with a first response on day 10 post ovulation. I got a really really faint line i tested the next day and got another faint line but when i tested with a clear blue digital it said not pregnant two days later my clear blue said pregnant 1-2

We have the clear blue digital ones at home.

I'm going to try and get her to wait til as near to her period due date as we can and do the pregnancy test then, at least then the hopes are only getting dashed once.

yea good idea its pretty devastating seeing the not pregnant flash up! If she really wants to test early though buy a couple of first response tests and keep the digital ones for a day or two later! The best of luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Woke up feeling pretty nauseous this morning but it cleared within a few minutes.

Period due Sun/Mon.... dying to take a test!

Hi can I ask have any of ye been drinking while Ttc? We are trying for #1 and I have been cautious about drinking but tonight feeling like a glass or too and just wondering what everyone else has or is doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

geez wrote: »
    Hi can I ask have any of ye been drinking while Ttc? We are trying for #1 and I have been cautious about drinking but tonight feeling like a glass or too and just wondering what everyone else has or is doing?

Drink until it's pink!

geez wrote: »

A couple of glasses of wine or beer won't hurt tbh, maybe no jager bombs though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I haven't been drinking after ovulating just in case and I've cut down in general. I wouldn't have ever have been a big drinker anyway so it's not a big deal. I wouldn't be denying myself a glass of wine at the weekend or anything.

I would drink away you'll be long enough not drinking once you get ur positive result! I used to have the odd glass of wine last time I was pregnant if we went out for a meal or something!

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

On my final clomid cycle, I was convinced we would not be successful, I'd had 29 BFN's up until then. I was fed up and pissed off and felt it would never happen for us.

That cycle's two week wait we happened to have a big family get together each weekend, and I promptly let my hair down good and proper, and had a decent few drinks for a change after being so healthy. That cycle was a successful one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Delighted to say I got my (very faint) BFP this morning at 10dpo. Third cycle trying so realise how incredibly lucky we are. Hubby is still asleep so couldn't keep news to myself.

For those of you on the dreaded two week wait I've had no symptoms apart from period like pains from 4dpo. I've also got my butt back running and going to the gym since my Xmas piggery. It's been my first month taking vitamin b6 to lengthen my luteal phase.

On the drinking issue, I've been having a couple of glasses of wine a week throughout my cycle.

Fingers crossed that the rest of ye will be joining me very soon.

Advertisement