Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and Worst Delis in Waterford

Options
  • 02-01-2016 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

I travel to a lot of business meetings hence I have to grab lunch on the go and hence have a good feel for the best places to have deli lunches/breakfasts in town.

Best:

Spar Manor Street - great selection of food and very fast service, Price is reasonable too.

Centra John Street- can be waiting a while but more than worth it, very tasty rolls and special offers.

Worst:

Spar Barracks Street- food is dumped there at 8am and never replaced, they run out by 10am and the woman working there always has a puss on her, not for me.

Anyone else have a fave deli?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Best and not even close (obviously in my opinion only) is Ardkeen Stores. Selection of items is amazing and the quality of sandwichs/wraps, etc is second to none.

Only low point is their breakfast selection. Thankfully the Redbridge in Newrath on my way to work does a top notch breakfast roll. Never ate lunch there so can't comment on their selection later in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Maxol Dunmore road and Cork Road are very good, the seating areas a big plus!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

I travel to a lot of business meetings hence I have to grab lunch on the go and hence have a good feel for the best places to have deli lunches/breakfasts in town.

Best:

Spar Manor Street - great selection of food and very fast service, Price is reasonable too.

Centra John Street- can be waiting a while but more than worth it, very tasty rolls and special offers.

Worst:

Spar Barracks Street- food is dumped there at 8am and never replaced, they run out by 10am and the woman working there always has a puss on her, not for me.

Is Spar Manor Street up at Manor Village?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Walshes Garage in Ferrybank is pretty good imo, always fresh and very generous belly busting helpings / fillings unless you specify otherwise.

Centra on the Quay is pretty good however parking can be a nightmare.

Subway at Lismore Pk is good however fillings have been rationed as of late.

Spar in Ferrybank is pretty poor, I have had the misfortune of having no option but to go there a few times over the last few years and the its always the same,. hot and cold fillings are never fresh and taste like the were sitting out in the fridge / under the heat since the week previous, the fillings are so sparse you would often wonder if the baguette has even been cut open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I do like the maxol in Kingsmeadow, always have a good number of staff working there which is appropriate.

Would agree with the OP about spar in Barracks Street. Terrible Deli altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Best deli; I reckon the deli beside the old FAS office on Parnell St.

Worst deli; The deli in the spar shop in Ferrybank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

obezyana wrote: »
    Best deli; I reckon the deli beside the old FAS office on Parnell St.

Lovely vibe, decent grub and great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

Best:

Worst:

The Spar on Manor Street is now Centra, if the same one you mention. (Opposite Dunphys)

Agree it's very good. Their breakfast wrap is excellent.

Their pricing used to be a bit odd. Was cheaper to buy a large roll with 4 items and coffee than a small roll with 3 items and coffee! Not sure if still the same.

The Maxol on Cork Rd is also one of my favourites. I love their sausages..

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

I do like the maxol in Kingsmeadow, always have a good number of staff working there which is appropriate.

+1 Forgot here definitely a good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

+++++1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Worst:

I would love to see them swap their jobs with someone in aldi or Lidl. They'd get some fright. The amount of times I go in and the staff are on their phones texting, while serving customers in spar is crazy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Everyone in Waterford knows the best deli was Delicatos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nobotherkid!

Maxol Dunmore Road is fantastic.

But I can't abide any deli that serves their rolls in tinfoil

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Maxol Dunmore Road is fantastic.

But I can't abide any deli that serves their rolls in tinfoil

Another vote for here. Good food, good value and the ladies are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Cant beat the deli in Ardkeen in my view. The new delis in the Maxols at Kingsmeadow and Dunmore road are both very good also.

Anyone try the new delis in Topaz petrol stations? Good quality food but ridiculous prices, i was charged over 6 euro for a roll! they told me the cheese was charged as an extra meat!

Advertisement