Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s case

• 02-01-2016 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭

Have an order for a 64gb 6s, can anyone recommend a protective case for it? Is Otterbox Defender the safe bet or is there anything on the market that's not as saucy price wise?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Spigen Neo Hybrid is what I use.
    Slim but still protects with front lip also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

What the above poster said but if you are in a hurry, most of the meteor stores and carphone warehouses carry the UAG line of protective cases. Slim and very good protection. Come in different colours too. Also Otterbox have a new Symmetry case out which is slimmer than the 2014 model. Worth a look and most stores carry it. I'd stay away from the Defender. Good protection but turns your iPhone into a brick. Also has a crappy built in screen protector which always has air pockets and ruins the touch sensitivity of the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

A big tech21 fan. Nice slim case which offers good protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Would recommend the Otterbox commuter and an anker tempered glass screen protector, it's what i've had on my 5s for the last two years.

The commuter is not too bricky in size and the anker glass screen is slim enough to work nicely with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'm picking up the phone tomorrow from my local Vodafone store, are those commuter cases supplied by them? Would be ideal to walk away with a case straight away.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Honestly no idea, i ordered mine online from otterbox, think i got the screen protector from amazon, would assume that they carry the otterbox too.

madcabbage wrote: »
    I'm picking up the phone tomorrow from my local Vodafone store, are those commuter cases supplied by them? Would be ideal to walk away with a case straight away.

The commuter almost triples your iphone 6s thickness and it has a huge circle cut out at the back for the apple logo which is a potential intrusion point for debris. The symmetry is considerably slimmer and has no cutout on the back. And like the commuter it goes through certified drop protection with 24+ tests over 238+ hours. The symmetry is also a one piece design consisting of polycarboante back and very sturdy tpu around the edges. The tpu on the commuter on the iphone 6 version is a separate piece and has been known to stretch over time. I have had both. The only thing missing on the symmetry is rubber dust caps for the ports but mine started to fit poorly after a while.

The latest version of the symmetry is the one in open packing with no plastic on the front and costs between 34.99 and 39.99 in shops. While last years version which is slightly thicker has the clear plastic packaging on front and is on special at carphonewarehouse for 20 euro.

http://www.otterbox.ie/en-ie/iphone-6-6s/symmetry-series-case/apl28-iph15.html?dwvar_apl28-iph15_color=20#start=1

Snarky Snark Snark

Flaccus wrote: »
    it has a huge circle cut out at the back for the apple logo which is a potential intrusion point for debris.

You know, you're utterly correct, i have my models mixed up, checked my e-mail archive and it's a symmetry

You know, you're utterly correct, i have my models mixed up, checked my e-mail archive and it's a symmetry

:D

Of course some people love the big circle on the back to show off their shiny metal apple logo so the commuter is for them. And some on boards recommend that awful Defender case.

Snarky Snark Snark

Flaccus wrote: »
    :D

Of course some people love the big circle on the back to show off their shiny metal apple logo so the commuter is for them. And some on boards recommend that awful Defender case.

the bigger the case, the smaller the something something....

anyway, back on topic, the anker screen protecter, that is excellent (though I bought two as I always **** up the first go at these things)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Will those anker glass screens not mess with the touch sensitivity of the phone?

Snarky Snark Snark

No, the tempered glass screens don't interfere with it, only recommending that one as I've experience of it, had another one before it which was a no name one which was massively thick and didn't fit well at all.

Advertisement