Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC sash windows sourcing

Options
  • 02-01-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to source PVC sash windows most likely abroad but would buy in Ireland if I could get a good deal...

Got one quote here in Ireland for 13 windows (only front of house) and the price was 8k which also included fitting.

I'm looking for the below design windows only no fitting. 6' x 3' and 5' x 3' in the states they only come in at a couple of hundred euro per window! then there's the delivery cost + vat + duty etc.

homedepot.com/p/American-Craftsman-35-75-in-x-73-25-in-70-Series-Double-Hung-Buck-PRO-Vinyl-Window-with-Grille-White-3674786G/204814707?MERCH=RV-_-rv_nav_plp_rr-_-NA-_-204814646-_-N

I've heard Eastern Europe is a good option also Scandinavia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

I haven't used this company but there were recommended to me to use (which I will be looking at in a few months)

[snip]

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ml100

RoryW wrote: »
    I haven't used this company but there were recommended to me to use (which I will be looking at in a few months)

[snip]

RoryW could you pm me that company, I'm starting to look into these for a new build

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

why are you looking to go with sash?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ml100

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    why are you looking to go with sash?

In my case I think they suit the look of the house, (traditional farmhouse)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭briaineo

Going for a colonial design, that said they don't actually have to be sash but I reckon this style would look best, although would look at other opening options, the windows would be roughly 6' x 3' on ground floor and 5' x 3' on first floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭briaineo

Best quote I've got so far was a company in the UK at €508 euro per window. 23 windows total at £8575. 6 6'x3 and 17 6'x3'

The Quality: will have to check this in person before purchase.

[snip]

Apologies, no advertising intended, just trying to be genuinely helpful to a person with a query. I have no connection to the company in question.

The company was recommended to me ( I knocked on the door of a house that i liked the windows of and asked them where they got the windows and they gave the company a great endorsement)

ml100 wrote: »
    RoryW could you pm me that company, I'm starting to look into these for a new build

done

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Iveee

done

RoryW could you pm me that company also

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rjphouse

Rory would u mind pm ing me that company too. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 rjphouse

Braineo have you chosen who to go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wadpie

Just my two cents. I would recommend you buy Irish or English. Do not buy in from abroad. Might be cheaper now, but in the long run it'll cost you more. I could tell you a hundred stories of imported windows needing replacement parts. Parts that can't be got in Ireland or UK, costing hundreds of euros, and taking weeks to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Davidmcsticky

[snip]

RoryW can you PM me the company please

Advertisement