Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos buy now pay later?

Options
  • 02-01-2016 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering, what else does argos count as two forms of ID? I only have a passport, no drivers licence or nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

How is this a consumer issue? Have you asked Argos, what they will accept? They will probably accept a utility bill with name and address as 2nd form of ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

https://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/BuyNowPayLater.htm

Argos Buy Now Pay Later:

Easy ways to pay

APPLY IN STORE - ASK FOR DETAILS - Terms and Conditions apply.
    You can Buy Now and Pay up to 6 months Later when you spend €275* or more at Argos
    Now you can have the things you want from Argos and make them more affordable with our Buy Now, Pay Later deal. And applying is easy, just ask in any store. You’ll need to:

Be aged 18 or over and resident in Ireland
    Bring two forms of identification
    To prove your address, we will accept a utility bill, credit card statement or current bank statement, dated within the last 3 months.
    To prove your identity, we will accept a valid passport or full driving license.
    Be able to pay 10% deposit by Chip & PIN card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Argos Buy Now Pay Later:

Easy ways to pay

APPLY IN STORE - ASK FOR DETAILS - Terms and Conditions apply.
    You can Buy Now and Pay up to 6 months Later when you spend €275* or more at Argos
    Now you can have the things you want from Argos and make them more affordable with our Buy Now, Pay Later deal. And applying is easy, just ask in any store. You’ll need to:

Be aged 18 or over and resident in Ireland
    Bring two forms of identification
    To prove your address, we will accept a utility bill, credit card statement or current bank statement, dated within the last 3 months.
    To prove your identity, we will accept a valid passport or full driving license.
    Be able to pay 10% deposit by Chip & PIN card.

Its almost as if I already read that :rolleyes: it doesn't specify what might count as a form of ID except for driving licence or passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Its almost as if I already read that :rolleyes: it doesn't specify what might count as a form of ID except for driving licence or passport.

I'm not sure what you're not getting here.

Proof of address and identity. One of each. Licence OR Passport. Not Licence AND Passport.

If in doubt just ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

How about not buying something you cannot afford? My advise is to save up and then buy rather than giving them extra interest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

How about not buying something you cannot afford? My advise is to save up and then buy rather than giving them extra interest.

It's interest free at the beginning.

Makes sense to use their money instead of your own as long as you can pay it off in full before the interest free period ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

It's interest free at the beginning.

Makes sense to use their money instead of your own as long as you can pay it off in full before the interest free period ends.

So when does the interest kick in? How long do you have to pay before interest accrues?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Typical example:

Typical example. Cash price €275, deposit €27.50. Settle the loan in full by repaying the credit amount of €247.50 within 6 months of the date of the agreement OR if the loan is not settled within 6 months of the date of the agreement, then pay 48 months instalments of €8.48. Total cost of credit €159.54. Total amount payable €434.54.

Typical 22.99% APR Fixed

Written quotations on request. Finance is subject to status. Credit is provided by Creation Consumer Finance Limited, 6th Floor, Royston House, 34 Upper Queen Street, Belfast, BT1 6FD. Terms and conditions apply. Ask in-store for details.

*Excludes jewellery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I'm just wondering, what else does argos count as two forms of ID? I only have a passport, no drivers licence or nothing.

So you've no utility bill, credit card statement or current bank statement, dated within the last 3 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If you have only a passport and no utility bills, or government correspondence then I wouldn't give you a loan and neither will Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

If you have only a passport and no utility bills, or government correspondence then I wouldn't give you a loan and neither will Argos.

Cool thanks. Considering the original page only states two examples of ID, and I was just asking, but its good for you lot to be snarky and smug, so thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Cool thanks. Considering the original page only states two examples of ID, and I was just asking, but its good for you lot to be snarky and smug, so thanks.

It mentions utiliity bill / credit card / bank statement so sounded like you were saying you'd none of those just passport?

They were under proof of address but still part of examples of ID

• Registered Users Posts: 69,036 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Srameen is correft - if you've no utility bills in your name, it is extremely unlikely that you have sufficient credit history to get a loan.

Advertisement