Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Weird Partial Waking from Sleep

• 03-01-2016 12:42am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a weird problem with Windows 10 and sleep functionality on my Spectre X360

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse dongle connected via USB and USB powered speakers connected via USB and monitor connected via HDMI.

If I put the machine to sleep, the USB powered speakers turn off, the mouse and wireless keyboard do the same and the power light flashes, the monitor goes into power saving, perfect sleep.

However about 10 minutes later, I hear the speakers power up as does the USB dongle for the keyboard/mouse (light on it comes on) and the laptop power light changes to fully on.

However it is not a complete awake from sleep since neither the laptop screen or the monitor come on, unless I move the mouse or touch a key on the keyboard, which causes a full awakening.

The weird thing is this "half awake" mode sticks around, it won't go back to a full sleep with 15 mins of inactivity, like it would if it was fully awake even if it did subsequently wake up.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Look at the event logs for see what woke it first. I'd say it is online, the spectre has a lot of unusual power saving features. No screens without user input could easily be one of them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I've seen no screens when the machine has been left alone for a set period of time before, but the weird thing about this, is the machine is sleeping, when everything wakes apart from the screen

I've already checked the event viewer system logs, and nothing in there shows up to explain it or not even to show it half-awoke. I just see the logs state the time the machine went to sleep and there is nothing in the logs at the time it half-awoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

devnull wrote: »
    I've seen no screens when the machine has been left alone for a set period of time before, but the weird thing about this, is the machine is sleeping, when everything wakes apart from the screen

I've already checked the event viewer system logs, and nothing in there shows up to explain it or not even to show it half-awoke. I just see the logs state the time the machine went to sleep and there is nothing in the logs at the time it half-awoke.

The same happens on my machine. I cant figure it out.

Advertisement