Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imessage media backup

• 03-01-2016 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭

my family has an ipad we use for keeping in contact with family abroad. Over xmas with some of them actually here, it got full, with photos/videos, and now won't backup as that 5gb is full, I could pay for more storage wihch I might do, but while looking into what the ipad backs up im confused as to what it does with imessage photos and videos, which is where alot of photos of our family are, we have saved some of them across to our camera roll but its seems you need an extra app to save them automatically, I guess the backup is so if something happens you can restore you ipad and that may restore your imessages with all the photos and text back into imessage but my question is how do you easily backup your imessage photos?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yep, you've understood it right. You need to manually save all pictures and videos over to the camera roll.

And if you've run out of space, which isn't uncommon in my experience, buy extra storage space. It's not expensive.

Also, think about making a manual backup of all your camera roll pictures and videos by plugging the iPad into your computer and creating a backup through iTunes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Import them into the photos app on your computer

Advertisement