Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unit price of electricity

Options
  • 03-01-2016 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there's somewhere online where you can easily compare the cheapest to the most expensive cost of electricity per unit? Or even know, offhand, what these numbers would be? I moved a few weeks ago, and have a meter which shows how many units I use (v. handy!), but I just want to be able to estimate the cost of the bill.

If this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it, moderators.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Just remember this .
    You know how many units you use , and now for the financial part .

If you are getting quotes , you may be made an offer of around 13.5c per unit , if you are a normal householder in urban area .

But remember that you also pay a PSO levy at a fiver a month and you will pay a standing charge of 40c per day , and you will pay vat @13.5% .

So if a salesperson tells you they are the cheapest at 13.5c a unit , remember you need to add on the above and arrive at a monthly outlay of at least 18.5c per unit .

Advertisement