Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted murder.

Options
2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 260 ✭✭Jimlh86

The guards should also know that by describing it as a murder attempt puts the husband and wife as the prime suspects. It's basic math that is backed up by years of police work world wide.
    So it's a strange statement to come out with.

Trust me theirs no way Garda. Management stated this was attempted murder! Me thinks the Sunday World wanted a juicier piece of journalism

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

It is a bad thing to do aright but sure no one got hurt

So if I shot at you and missed but sure no one got hurt, it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I wouldn't put it past the sun to have completely made up the story. Surely if this was true and being treated as a "murder attempt" the name of the guard would be released or if not his name at least the general area in an attempt to have witnesses come forward.

Jimlh86 wrote: »
    Trust me theirs no way Garda. Management stated this was attempted murder! Me thinks the Sunday World wanted a juicier piece of journalism

Agree

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 260 ✭✭Jimlh86

Pocaide wrote: »
    So if I shot at you and missed but sure no one got hurt, it's ok.

I think outdoors either misses the point or wants a reaction!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Plenty of people would panic if the brakes didn't respond and wouldn't be quick enough to think of the handbrake.

I live on a lane which goes up hill. I wouldn't need to touch the brakes till I got to the road junction and would have built up a lot of speed by then.

Not sure why people dismiss having no brakes as no big deal.

I wouldn't put it past the sun to have completely made up the story. Surely if this was true and being treated as a "murder attempt" the name of the guard would be released or if not his name at least the general area in an attempt to have witnesses come forward.

General area was given Co Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭outdoors247

No what I mean is at least no one got hurt a good end to the story

A good end to the story would be whoever is responsible for this, getting caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭outdoors247

I'd say it won't be long til the fools get found out probably get caught braggin about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,137 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Does this come from your years of police experience.

Nope
    Just common knowledge
    Any murder or murder attempt between a husband and wife typically ends up with a case against one or the other. Of course there are exceptions ,but the percentage is very high where it's one or the other.

I guess my point is that it was silly to describe it as a murder attempt, as I don't think it is at all. I just think that from the outside looking in most would look at husband or wife in an attempt murder case. Which this is not! But it was described that way, so it puts focus on them as stats back up that focus.But like I said, it's not a real murder attempt case at all
    If it truly was then prime suspects need investigating, and that's the husband and wife.

Basically they opened up a can of worms by saying there was a murder attempt on one or the other on Xmas morning when no one else was around. In a real murder attempt one would have questions to answer.
    It's not real. They should not have said it was a murder attempt in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Surprised the Garda drove off in a car after removing the foam without checking everything else first .
    The Sunday World is basically a comic.

Cutting brakes would require tools and a basic understanding of brakes, it would leave brake fluid around the wheels and unless the garda lived on a hill he would notice almost immediately that brakes were gone.

What are you talking about? Who checks their brake lines before driving off. Most Gardaí park facing out. It's a safety thing that they pick up in work. If you get into your car and drive out of your driveway you can be a good distance away before you need to brake.
    Who ever did it watches too much movies.
    Brakes would of worked a bit still
    Plus the hand brake
    He would notice brakes not working pulling out of drive.
    Weird
    Attempted murder LOL
    More of a prank
    I still see cutting of the brake as an inconvenience to them
    Not a murder attempt
    It was an act of vandalism
    Like the banana in the tail pipe
    Nope
    Just common knowledge
    Any murder or murder attempt between a husband and wife typically ends up with a case against one or the other. Of course there are exceptions ,but the percentage is very high where it's one or the other.

I guess my point is that it was silly to describe it as a murder attempt, as I don't think it is at all. I just think that from the outside looking in most would look at husband or wife in an attempt murder case. Which this is not! But it was described that way, so it puts focus on them as stats back up that focus.But like I said, it's not a real murder attempt case at all
    If it truly was then prime suspects need investigating, and that's the husband and wife.

Basically they opened up a can of worms by saying there was a murder attempt on one or the other on Xmas morning when no one else was around. In a real murder attempt one would have questions to answer.
    It's not real. They should not have said it was a murder attempt in my opinion

My god. What absolute clap trap you come out with. Th eonly reason to cut a persons brakes is to make them crash. There is no other reason to do it. This goes way beyond a prank. Why do you think nobody is around Christmas morning? There's plenty of **** happens on Christmas morning all over the place. You probably just don't see it from your bed. Christmas means nothing to many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

General area was given Co Wexford

This a wind up? Wexford is one of the larger counties in the country. Hardly specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

This a wind up? Wexford is one of the larger counties in the country. Hardly specific.

New Ross, Wexford according to Independent

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

timmywex wrote: »
    New Ross, Wexford according to Independent
    There's some fairly steep hills in new ross

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

The Sunday World is basically a comic.

Cutting brakes would require tools and a basic understanding of brakes, it would leave brake fluid around the wheels and unless the garda lived on a hill he would notice almost immediately that brakes were gone.

too many 1950s films there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

^^^^^^^

The FIAT, chrysler Uconnect entertainment ( the radio and all that ) has a SIM card in it sometimes
    6.5 touchscreen UconnectTM systems set the FIAT 500X apart as an all-new model.

http://www.fiatpress.ie/press/article/323

The radio is wired to something that the car controls are wired to and it all USED TO BE wide open to the internet - they fixed it

It would just answer, no need to be in the same country even

$ telnet W.X.Y.Z 123456789765
    Trying W.X.Y.Z...
    Connected to W.X.Y.Z

Escape character is '^]'.
    TEST12345

ERROR "Unknown command"

First we need to start a diagnostic session with the ABS ECU

EID: 18DA28F1, Len: 08, Data: 02 10 03 00 00 00 00 00

Bleed the brakes <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

EID: 18DA28F1, Len: 08, Data: 10 11 2F 5A BF 03 64 64
    EID: 18DA28F1, Len: 08, Data: 64 64 64 64 6
    4 64 64 64

EID: 18DA28F1, Len: 08, Data: 64 64 64 00 00 00 00 00

Advertisement