Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bottles?

• 03-01-2016 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I'm planning my first brew and of course I'm reading up on the many threads here. One thing I've noticed is that clear bottles are not recommended, and I wondered why. At the minute I have 50 or so clear .5 litre bottles so I'm hoping they're of some use. Any advice gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hi folks, I'm planning my first brew and of course I'm reading up on the many threads here. One thing I've noticed is that clear bottles are not recommended, and I wondered why. At the minute I have 50 or so clear .5 litre bottles so I'm hoping they're of some use. Any advice gratefully received.

Something about direct sunlight I think. If you keep the bottles in a darkened place you should be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Thank you, I was hoping that's all it was. After I bottle I'll be keeping them in a dark room so exposure won't be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

UV light hitting chemicals from the the hops causes the beer to smell bad - skunking is a term I heard for it.

Keep the beer in a dark place and it'll be fine.

Advertisement