Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€200 Share Withdrawal from Credit Union?

• 03-01-2016 6:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone I have a loan off the credit union from last May of €4000 and have paid €100 Weekly even though my repayments are only €50 a week. So I am prepaid by over a €1000

Currently
    Shares: €1,317
    Loan: €1,208

Will they have a problem with this ?
    I am going up to ask on Monday would like a opinion on this. I have been a member for 10 years.
    Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

They would probably prefer you not do that as they probably want you to try maintain your share balance or increase it, but it is your money and if you are transferring against your loan balance then there shouldn't be an issue.
    With that amount due, would you think of reducing the loan by 500? Then at your current 100 per week amount you are already paying, your loan will be paid in 2 months?

Potentially you could do what you are saying to save paying the interest, but as you are ahead, maybe another way of doing this would be to reduce your balance by a set amount, then to keep paying the 100 amount but allocate less to pay the loan and more to pay rebuilding shares?

I think that's just another way of doing the same thing and the other option is less complicated.

I think the main thing is, the credit union I have felt want people to make set manageable payments regularly to maintain contact and either pay agreed amounts or talk to them to make a manageable payments if problems arise rather than relying on on tapping into your shares as they essentially need shares to make loans and interest to pay for those loans and costs.

Advertisement