Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holly Carpenter...whoever you are...

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Quazzie wrote: »
    Can someone who lives in the locality please confirm that this shop has since closes down?

Ring the number and find out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Canadel wrote: »
    She's nearly as plain as her writing.
    Not everyone is going to fancy her and she does look no better than lots of other pretty women, but I still think plain is hardly an accurate description.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Azalea wrote: »
    Not everyone is going to fancy her and she does look no better than lots of other pretty women, but I still think plain is hardly an accurate description.

She's as plain as an good looking, fame/media/rich boyfriend hungry bimbo

Right, she's not plain.
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ring the number and find out
    That number is long deleted/recycled I'd say :pac: - I remember how destroyed they got on Facebook. The one time I agreed with a company being slaughtered on social media.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Azalea wrote: »
    Oh she's hardly plain, but a duckface and makeup do wonders.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

and photoshopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Sheeps wrote: »
    NIMAN wrote: »
    So the Examiner are making a news story out of this thread?

Thats equally shoddy journalism.
    Custardpi wrote: »
    Sadly they haven't done that. The article is actually a (sym)pathetic one about the "hate" & "abuse" which Carpenter has apparently suffered. Strangely it's accompanied by several screengrabs of tweets which contain neither. Presumably there'll be a follow up article in the Indo soon detailling how her life has been "destroyed" by the "online mob" or some such drivel.

They described her slating as hate, its a slating, but I can't say I've interpreted hate, so they're overdoing it by a longway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Wibbs wrote: »

Am I the only one who thinks the duckface pose actually makes girls look less attractive? :confused:

Wibbs wrote: »
    That's all I mean. She's objectively pretty (even if not everyone fancies her, or would go for that look themselves - I know I wouldn't). People who call her plain must be utterly stunning :pac: and the Photoshop thing is like something a jealous girl would say. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

so did Conor74 (op) come across this article all by himself and share it with us? then it developed legs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The people and phenomenons responsible for this article are indeed the editor, nepotism and whoever put the article forward but in fairness guys she's certainly fair game to criticise.

If my boss changes me to a project that I'm crap at there's nothing wrong with saying I'm crap at that job. This person had no qualifications to write the article, displayed a misplaced arrogance, is a symptom of Ireland's nepotistic culture and to top it off probably got paid quite well to write the article. She's not the victim in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Holly Carpenter...plain... Jesus the butthurt jealousy is real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Zimmey

Canadel wrote: »
    She's nearly as plain as her writing.

It was really interesting when she was on BINTM. (Yup, I watched it. :o )

There was another Irish contestant on it that year. Sarah from Donegal if I remember it rightly. Sarah looked far less Irish model-ly but looked way more modelesque in an international sense. Sarah did better on the show, unsurprisingly, making it to the final but I recall there being an episode where Holly was acting rather superior towards Sarah, basically insinuating that she was a plain Jane bumpkin. It was rather telling of her attitude, I thought.

She's far from plain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

As much as the woman annoys me she is very attractive. Don't understand the plain jane comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Next Article

Hello. My name is Holly. I am 24 years old. I live in a house. On Sunday I turned on my phone. I read some mean things said about me. Something-Something internet trolls. Something-Something Support. My boyfriend's name is Danny from The Coronas. He said nice things to me.

I then went for brunch and a cafe-restaurant location that Assets Management told me to go to. I then tagged myself in on instagram like I was told to. It was a very nice day.

The End.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Holly Carpenter...plain... Jesus the butthurt jealousy is real.

Not necessarily jealousy, just proof that attractiveness can be very subjective. I remember years ago there were countless polls voting Katie "Jordan" Price as the hottest woman of the time. I could never see it myself. As regards Holly Carpenter I personally think she looks quite pretty but wouldn't say somebody was definitely wrong if they thought otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Custardpi wrote: »
    Not necessarily jealousy, just proof that attractiveness can be very subjective. I remember years ago there were countless polls voting Katie "Jordan" Price as the hottest woman of the time. I could never see it myself. As regards Holly Carpenter I personally think she looks quite pretty but wouldn't say somebody was definitely wrong if they thought otherwise.

Of course. But one does not have to be physically attracted to someone to deem them good looking...and Holly is outrageously good looking. Whether you're attracted to her is your own thing. I am a straight male and I can easily identify a good looking male...am I attracted to them, no I am not. But for me to say Channing Tatum is not a good looking man is a complete lie.

In terms of looks, Holly is not "plain".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

When the topic has changed to whether the writer is good looking, plain, a bimbo, etc. I think it's time to lock it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement