Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car parts missing in blanchardstown centre

Options
  • 03-01-2016 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭

Just a warning...I was in the town centre yesterday at about 11am, parked near heatons. I reversed in looked back at my car as I wanted to check my new tax disc was visible. No more than 15 mins later I returned to find the grille on the driver's side gone and the moulding. Fog light hanging out. There was also a palm print on the bonnet and a discarded screwdriver. Very expertly and quickly done. Called into the guards who said that car park was targeted for spare parts. Nearest cctv is lidl. Thanks to cllr david mcguinness who was quick to react when i contacted him as well.

Expensive shopping trip for a new scarf!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Cheers for the heads up re the camera locations.. What is your councilor doing?

If the management company is going to stick up signs saying your car is parked at your own risk, while knowing it's a target for parts thieves, they could at least have decent cctv coverage.

Poxy start to the new year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Report it to the local news paper. Get it a bit of coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

beauf wrote: »
    Report it to the local news paper. Get it a bit of coverage.

Seems like someone did, and got them into a spot of bother.

There's a front page apology on the current Blanch Gazette saying the incident they previously reported on never happened at Westend, nor have there been any.

Be interesting to hear the back story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Cheers for the heads up. Will park somewhere else so!

• Advertisement

Cheers for the heads up. Will park somewhere else so!

I just posted thatthe Blanch Gazette had to publish an apology saying no such thefts happened at Westend?

I reckon the OP may have been talking about the one between Argos and the gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I just posted thatthe Blanch Gazette had to publish an apology saying no such thefts happened at Westend?

I reckon the OP may have been talking about the one between Argos and the gym?

That's where i usually park as its handy for the retail park and main centre.
    I always leave my dashcam running though.
    I was actually there the same morning as the OP but at about 10.30am

I assume either it was a different location, or it could not be proved. Perhaps because CCTV didn't cover it, or could not be accessed. Probably could not get official comment if anything similar has happened.

It seems there was official comment, and that was it never happened there, and nothing similar ever did. A paper would never waste their front page if they weren't in touch with the management and got a quite serious official response.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Maybe an explanation from the poster who created this thread might enlighten us all????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

No explanation is needed, just your typical bull ****ter making up silly tales, there's lots of them on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

No explanation is needed, just your typical bull ****ter making up silly tales, there's lots of them on here.

Sorry it was me. Thanks to cllr although i didn't ask for report. And clarified same to gazette.

Anyway no idea where it happened now as i drove only from waterville to retail park. Parked at heatons. Cctv can see me coming in.

All academic now anyway as i ordered the new part from linders chapelizod....and was on way home to fit when involved in head on crash....car now write off and i broke my left hand, ribs and foot. Five days in connolly...
    Just another unfortunate thing as it's not on the aviva list so ambulance should have taken me elsewhere e.g st james orater
    Given accident was on snugborough road this was nuts. My private health insurance was therefore not valid and i got an inpatient charge of 75 per night despite only 3 hours on a ward and two days on a chair in and e and two days on a trolley. I was fasting all this time as the orthopedic surgeons couldn't agree if op needed as two very clean breaks.
    Anyway the only part of my car that survived were the new ones from Linders...who won't refund!

Not been a good two weeks. Off for more ultrasounds today...connolly only did chest so have to go to bons secours for pelvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

amtc wrote: »
    Sorry it was me. Thanks to cllr although i didn't ask for report. And clarified same to gazette.

Anyway no idea where it happened now as i drove only from waterville to retail park. Parked at heatons. Cctv can see me coming in.

All academic now anyway as i ordered the new part from linders chapelizod....and was on way home to fit when involved in head on crash....car now write off and i broke my left hand, ribs and foot. Five days in connolly...
    Just another unfortunate thing as it's not on the aviva list so ambulance should have taken me elsewhere e.g st james orater
    Given accident was on snugborough road this was nuts. My private health insurance was therefore not valid and i got an inpatient charge of 75 per night despite only 3 hours on a ward and two days on a chair in and e and two days on a trolley. I was fasting all this time as the orthopedic surgeons couldn't agree if op needed as two very clean breaks.
    Anyway the only part of my car that survived were the new ones from Linders...who won't refund!

Not been a good two weeks. Off for more ultrasounds today...connolly only did chest so have to go to bons secours for pelvis.

Jasus, I bey Phoenix3 is sorry he asked now :D

Bad run of luck. Get well soon; and do the lotto ;)

Advertisement