Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a decent starter kit (Dublin City Centre)

Options
  • 03-01-2016 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭

Edit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

that or an Istick 30/ any istick
    remember that you will possibly need another battery if you are a heavy/ex-heavy smoker. nothing worse than waiting for a battery to recharge

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I'd have to recommend the Kangertech Subox Mini. I got it on efag.ie (got the link from here) and they have a 10% discount. You get loads of little goodies and they're the same price pretty much. Only think you'll need is batteries.

I used to always buy healthierchoice liquids but I started making them myself and will never go back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭28srf0c

chipfox wrote: »
    I'd have to recommend the Kangertech Subox Mini.

I definitely would not call that a "starter kit". Way too complex for a noob coming off cigarettes. Newbies should not be recommended sub-ohm devices at all.

And before you say "oh but they can just use the 1.8 coil". They probably don't have a clue what that means. And if they do use the 1.8 coil, they might accidentally vape it at 40w.

Starter kits like pen vapes are still quite expensive and generally pretty crap for an ex smoker just from my experience. Always feels like you never get a good hit.

Nothing complicated about the subox mini really. Keep the watts under 20 and enjoy proper drags.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭28srf0c

chipfox wrote: »
    Starter kits like pen vapes are still quite expensive and generally pretty crap for an ex smoker just from my experience. Always feels like you never get a good hit.

Nothing complicated about the subox mini really. Keep the watts under 20 and enjoy proper drags.

The naultilus mini & istic is a great starter kit. No need for sub ohm coil confusion, no need for changing batteries. As you said, keep it below 20 (I would say 15) and away you go.

The Sub Box would be for somebody who gets bored of the basic setup and is moving toward the hobbyist / neckbeard side of vaping.

• Advertisement

The ohms doesn't make any difference really. Lower gives more vapour, all you really need to know for a starter. They'll still need to understand watts, not that either are complicated.

I just can't stomach forking over money for new coils all the time. The subox can be a basic starter or it can be more. It's good to have the option. I had some aspire stuff and it is good but the cheapest is the dearest in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

I stick and aspire mini nautilis for me too. The subtanks draw is too loose for someone who is used to draggin out of a cigerette. Remember also that a smokers eye is trained to looking at a cig in the hand. With the vape pens being generally **** i think a mini i stick and mini nautillis would be perfect because its a neat little set up and can still give a good vape too

Advertisement